Philipe Nogueira

Brightness Control Fix - VAIO FE15 i5 1035G1 IceLake

Hi @MaLd0n, how you doin'?

So, I've hackintoshed my laptop all by myself following up your tutorials on web and other tips. I'm almost getting it perfect. But there are some Issues and the one that's annoying me now is the brightness control. I put the SSDT-PNLF.aml and whatevergreen.kext correctly and even tho when I restart the computer, the brightness control works but not correctly. The "maximum" brightness is so low that I can't badly see the screen without turning off all lights in the room.

Could you gimme some help with it?

Just in case it could be necessary, I'm attaching my RunMe.zip and the AIDA64 infos.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PT-BR: Resumindo, o controle de brilho não funciona corretamente (após inserir o SSDT-PNLF.aml e tendo o whatevergreen.kext instalado). O brilho "máximo" é tão fraco que mal posso enxergar a tela sem apagar as luzes do quarto. Poderia me ajudar? Só para adiantar caso precise, tô deixando meu RunMe.zip e o relatório do AIDA64.

DSDT: https://filebin.net/8laa54w7n8glhq8i

Report.htm.zip

When I finish this process and the Hackintosh is complete, I will share my EFI and everything that helped me for anyone who wants it.

BTW, I wanna mention that you've been doing a such great work so far, dude! I read several posts and tutorials from you, thanks a lot.

• Like 1

• Administrators

-igfxblr

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

It didn't work. I set it into my boot args (Config.plist > Opencore Configurator > NVRAM > boot-args > inserted this command at the end of the line) but it happened the same. The brightness control works but the screen is too dark that's impossible to see anything.

So I went to github and found this other arg: enable-backlight-registers-fix. Didn't work either.

I also went to GitHub again and made sure I was using the latest version of Whatevergreen.kext and that's alright.

I don't know what to do anymore. Some idea? @MaLd0n

Thanks anyway for taking some time to help me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PT-BR: Nao funcionou. Adicionei aos meus boot-args e continuou ficando muito escura a tela, a ponto de não conseguir ler bem o display. Também achei no GitHub um outro comando, citado acima, mas sem sucesso também. Fui ate o GitHub novamente e garanti que a versão do whatevergreen.kext esta atualizada, e continuou sem funcionar.

Nao sei mais o que fazer, alguma ideia?

Obrigado, de qualquer forma, por tirar um tempo para me ajudar.

• Like 1

• Administrators

vc resetou a nvram?

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

Update: I got it fixed using a SSDT-PNLF-CPL.aml instead of SSDT-PNLF.aml and it worked well. I still feel like the brightness is not at the 100% but it got OK now. I mean, it's as bright as it used to be before fixing the brightness control.

Thanks @MaLd0n for trynna help me!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atualização: Eu consertei o brilho usando o SSDT-PNLF-CPL.aml em vez do SSDT-PNLF.aml e funcionou bem! Ainda sinto que o brilho não está no máximo, porém dá pra enxergar e usar normalmente agora. Tipo, antes de consertar o controle do brilho, a tela também não tava 100%, agora ficou igual, só que posso diminuir se quiser hahaha

Update2: I locked the user on macOS and then the screen turned off. When I turned on again, voilá, the brightness was really to 100% now! hahaha Anyway, the problem is completely solved now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atualização2: Eu bloquei o usuario e então a tela apagou. Quando eu liguei de novo, 'vualá', o brilho tava de fato no 100% agora!! De qualquer forma, o problema está completamente resolvido agora hahahaha

• Like 2