artur-pt

Intel HD (Arrandale/Clarkdale)

Updated:

Tutorial and kexts to enable QE and CI

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/208-1st-gen-intel-hd-graphics-kexts/

This guide is for users that have a computer with a 2010 1st Generation Intel Core Processor with Intel HD Graphics. (Arrandale/Clarkdale)

I want to give all credit to iWin32 and RemC from the InsanelyMac community, and Orlian, dmazar, Slice, and the VoodooLabs community. I also want to give credit to Mehdymehdy for his discovery as well as all of the InsanelyMac community members who continue to tinker around and helping us make our hackintoshes stable to use.

Alright, let us begin. There are two parts to this guide. You can choose to do whichever you want but if you want to get the most out of your hackintosh, follow both parts. Some will have slightly different requirements.

Part 1: Enable Native Resolution

System Requirements:

1. OS X Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion (You need to have OS X installed and booting for you to even attempt this!)

2. 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics

3. Chameleon Bootloader (Your version of Chameleon must support modules. You can use Chameleon Wizard to install the latest release.)

4. Resolution.dylib Module (Download the attached Resolution Module zip file.)

If you pass the system requirements, you are ready to begin.

Steps:

1. Open Finder and navigate to your Extra folder. Open the org.Chameleon.Boot.plist with TextEdit. Add the following entries:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32</string> (EDIT THIS STRING TO YOUR NATIVE RESOLUTION)
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Remember to change the Graphics Mode string to your native resolution that your monitor can actually support. Save the file and close TextEdit. This is an example org.Chameleon.plist file:

org.chameleon.png.6bfb126e28d1913421a9cc1b3e53085c.png

2. In the Extra folder, create a folder called "Modules".

modules.png.9f5c71cdbf2db8d4e1e748eb94d5eb41.png

3. Download the attached Resolution Module zip file below if you haven't yet. Next extract the zip file and inside the folder there should be a "Resolution.dylib" file. Drag that file to the Modules folder you created in the Extra folder.

resolution_lib.png.f1eb567bfb62ea85026f7771d20fe111.png

4. Cross your finders and restart your hackintosh. When the Chameleon Bootloader displays, your native resolution should already start working. Continue to boot into OS X and everything will look smaller, cleaner and beautiful. No more 1024x768!

sysinfo.png.b26ce43b651a5296abe01fc1586cc042.pngsysinfo1.png.14ef888f441bce21a6cf99e1ae57ea28.png

Part 2: Enable Core Image - (Discovered by Mehdymehdy)

System Requirements:

1. OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2

2. 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics

3. ML DP2 AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext (Download the attached MLDP2AppleIntelHDGraphicskext zip file.)

If you pass the system requirements, you are ready to begin.

Steps:

1. Open Finder and navigate to System/Library/Extensions. Inside the folder find these kexts:

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

Copy and save these kexts somewhere else. Then delete all of them from the Extensions folder.

2. Rebuild cache and restart your hackintosh.

3. Download the attached MLDP2AppleIntelHDGraphicskext zip file below if you haven't yet. Extract the zip file.

4. To enable Core Image, you need these kexts:

If you do not have these kexts, you can download them below.

5. Install these kexts together with the kext you downloaded:

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext (From the MLDP2AppleIntelHDGraphicskext zip file)

...and rebuild cache and restart your hackintosh.

6. Open up System Preferences>Desktop & Screensaver>Screen Saver. Click on one of the slideshows. If you see a preview of the slideshow, Core Image is now working!

savescreen.png.eb5089d2b3082095a5409b41642d0ada.png

Why enable Core Image?

There are many applications on OS X that uses Core Image to work. For example iWeb and iPhoto are Core Image applications. They do not work if you have no graphics kexts loaded.

video.png.1c2389ceddf4b7fe0cf402224da8e75b.pngvideo1.png.50c999168a8b9860d7202b14103585c1.png

Enabling Core Image not only allows you to run more applications, but now you can make your Intel HD Graphics integrated graphics chip work for you. Your CPU will now use less power and run quieter and you can finally watch YouTube videos smoothly, use Photo Booth without any lag and other speed improvements.

video3.png.b492014143261459fa01224cdd4e7566.png

There are other minor tweaks you can do but I will probably explain them when I have the time. For now these two parts are important to make your hackintosh work for you.

Quartz Extreme is however still not working. It doesn't mean we will never be able to enable it but to be honest, we are lucky to be able to have native resolution and Core Image. Unfortunately other users cannot try this.

MLDP2AppleIntelHDGraphicskext.zip

Resolution Module.zip

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle(10.8.2).zip

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle(10.8.2).zip

Again, all credit goes to the people that I have mentioned in this thread.

this guide is writen by GhostRaider http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics/

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

hello

is all in guide

i personally don't test it.. don't have that graphics.. but is a good guide with all to work..

if don't work, nothing more to suggest

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

My OS X Files 

hello

try to see in the source of the tuto .. in insanelymac..

i don't have that card...

only post the tuto to help people with that card

the source is in the tuto

good hack

My OS X Files 

4. Cross your finders and restart your hackintosh. When the Chameleon Bootloader displays, your native resolution should already start working. Continue to boot into OS X and everything will look smaller, cleaner and beautiful. No more 1024x768!

Its work,.

but freeze on apple logo with spin circle,.

the circle stop spinning :(

There's now a guide to get also Quartz Extreme working on 1st generation Intel HD

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

Hi guys. I have recently received an Intel i3-330m notebook HP Pavilion DV4-2542CA and was so happy that I would finally install Mac OS X on it so I could not wait to get back home to start digging. Unfortunately I have a problem during the initial installation boot where after loading all the kexts the screen turns black and reboots few seconds later, so I guess the problem is the Intel HD Graphics built into my CPU chip. So all the information so far I find is about getting QE/Cl on already installed Mac OS X, but how can I proceed to replace the installation kexts (or to patch them) so to be able at least to manage to get to the installation Welcome screen?

Any ideas or shared thoughts are highly appreciated as I am sure the notebook would serve me well if I manage to install the SL/M/ML OS X on it. And to be honest, I do not even mind for now about the QE/Cl but to get it at least working and to see the screen of Mac OS X on that notebook.

Thank you guys in advance about any help on my problem ;)

Artur, if that works, I would kindly ask you for your paypal and you will have a nice beer paid by me and that is A PROMISE ;)

So far I was replacing the patched AppleIntelHD* but did not tried to simply just remove them and go after that. Making the bootable usb again with myHack and will try and see what would go from there. Will keep you for sharing some info as I have been struggling for a week now.

God, how I wish I was about to buy the beer… Unfortunately removing all the IntelAppleHDA* from /USB/System/Library/Extentsions/ did not help. All the symptoms are exactly the same like I did not delete them at all. Tried even to rebuild the cache so to make sure that nothing is kept somewhere…

So far booting with:

-v -f cpus=1 npci=0x3000 busratio=16 and/or graphicsenabler=yes does not work :(

Any other ideas are highly appreciated as I am sure it is the video that blows the job completely but cannot figure out why and how to fix it.

I continued digging and have found quite a few guys having exactly the same problem (with different CPUS though) so I am wondering can that be because of my Intel i3-330m (Arrandale) CPU? If it was the graphics problem (thats my opinion and correct me if I am wrong ;) ) I would still see something after the initial kext loading but it seems like the OS loads the kexts and right after turning to kernel to start recognizing hardware etc. I get the reboot. It happens in 1 second so there is absolutely no messages that I have miced. A guy managed to work that out with a patched kernel, however I cannot use that patched kernel because of my architecture.

So any thoughts about this?

Another post in different forum, though states that if I have a problem continuing the boot up process after loading the kexts this can only mean that I have a problem with the boot loader or the USB flash drive. I have used 3 different brands, sizes and speeds as well as did the bootable usbe also by 3 ways - myHack, i-…lot 3.01 as well as manually. Used the latest chameleon, and all other usb boot loaders I could manage to work, but still I am back to the place where we have started - nowhere but to the reboot after kexts loading.

Guys, I would be flattered if anyone would share some more of his experience as I am a newbie with Hackintosh and hoped to give it a try instead of loading Win… Donation is planed too, so just help me please and I am sure we will all be happy ;)