viniciusmi00

A help for x79 (C602) users

For all users of x79 (C602) cards, who are having trouble getting Catalina and BigSur to work with Clover or OpenCore.

After spending days trying to get my x79 stop giving Kernel Panic in BS I was successful with a Patch. I realized that there are still people with difficulties in Catalina too, so I will leave some tips that can help you to get Catalina and BigSur.

For Power Management work in Catalina and BigSur there is a Patch in Kernel and Kext Patches, in KextsToPatch:

Name*                                                                                                       Find*.                      Replace*                     Comment

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement                        7511B9                   EB11B9                        10.15, 11

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement                        3E7538                   3E9090                         10.15, 11

Like a:

spacer.png

For BigSur not to get a Kernel Panic in IOPCIFamily there is a Patch in the ACPI, in DSDT.

Patches                                                                           Find*.                                                  Replace* 

UNC0 _HID to XHID                                                       554E43 30085F48 4944                   554E43 30085848 4944       

UNC1 _HID to XHID - UNC1 to Dual CPU                   554E43 31085F48 4944                   554E43 31085848 4944
Note*: UNC1 only required for cards with 2 processors

Like a:

spacer.png

You can use my EFI as an example, just stay tuned as I removed some essential files to get smaller.

EFI.zip

Note: In CPU > Type, you can remove these codes and put your CPU's code to appear correctly in "About this Mac"

To find the code of your CPU, just open the IOJones App and find the reference for your CPU (probably above the AppleACPICPU). The code for your cpu is found in the "cpu-type" property. Just reverse the order by placing the last 2 numbers first and the first two numbers last.

spacer.png

Edited by viniciusmi00
  • Like 3

i7 3930k (Sandy Bridge-E) - Rampage IV Extreme (x79) Bios 4901 Modified to NVME - AMD RX 5700XT - 16GB (4x4GB) Ripjaws 1866MHz - Monterey 12.3.1 - Clover 5146

• Administrators

;) 

• Like 1

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

Hi, first of all, thanks for the help.

I am having problems updating to BigSur and I believe a relationship with what you comment.

First of all I do not load the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, I understand that it is only used on laptops.

spacer.png

The second thing is that I am using OpenCore 0.6.3 and a patched DDST from Marl0n, initially I used the SSDT-UNC.aml from the official opencore guide but same Kernel Panic in IOPCIFamily .

spacer.png

spacer.png

I have included the UNC0 _HID to XHID patch but continue with the Panic :-( .

This is my EFI tree:

├── BOOT

│   └── BOOTx64.efi

└── OC

├── ACPI

│   └── DSDT.aml

│   └── DSDT-UNC.aml

├── Bootstrap

│   └── Bootstrap.efi

├── Drivers

│   ├── HfsPlusLegacy.efi

│   └── OpenRuntime.efi

├── Kexts

│   ├── AirportBrcmFixup.kext

│   │   └── Contents

│   │       ├── Info.plist

│   │       ├── MacOS

│   │       │   └── AirportBrcmFixup

│   │       └── PlugIns

│   │           ├── AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext

│   │           │   └── Contents

│   │           │       └── Info.plist

│   │           └── AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext

│   │               └── Contents

│   │                   └── Info.plist

│   ├── AppleALC.kext

│   │   └── Contents

│   │       └── MacOS

│   │           └── AppleALC

│   ├── Lilu.kext

│   │   └── Contents

│   │       └── MacOS

│   │           └── Lilu

│   ├── NoTouchID.kext

│   │   └── Contents

│   │       └── MacOS

│   │           └── NoTouchID

│   ├── NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

│   │   └── Contents

│   │       ├── MacOS

│   │       │   └── NullCPUPowerManagement

│   │       └── Resources

│   │           └── English.lproj

│   │               └── InfoPlist.strings

│   ├── SATA-unsupported.kext

│   │   └── Contents

│   │       └── Info.plist

│   ├── SmallTreeIntel82576.kext

│   │   └── Contents

│   │       ├── MacOS

│   │       │   └── SmallTreeIntel82576

│   │       ├── Resources

│   │       │   └── English.lproj

│   │       │       └── InfoPlist.strings

│   │       └── _CodeSignature

│   │           └── CodeResources

│   ├── USBInjectAll.kext

│   │   └── Contents

│   │       ├── MacOS

│   │       │   └── USBInjectAll

│   │       └── _CodeSignature

│   │           └── CodeResources

│   ├── VirtualSMC.kext

│   │   └── Contents

│   │       └── MacOS

│   │           └── VirtualSMC

│   ├── VoodooTSCSync.kext

│   │   └── Contents

│   │       └── MacOS

│   │           └── VoodooTSCSync

│   ├── WhateverGreen.kext

│   │   └── Contents

│   │       └── MacOS

│   │           └── WhateverGreen

│   └── XHCI-unsupported.kext

│       └── Contents

│           └── Info.plist

├── OpenCore.efi

├── Resources

│   ├── Audio

│   ├── Font

│   ├── Image

│   └── Label

├── Tools

│   └── OpenShell.efi

├── config-BigSur.plist

├── config-catalina.plist

└── config.plist

Can you give me a hand please?

Edited by Hector Melendez

On 11/16/2020 at 6:35 AM, viniciusmi00 said:

@Hector Melendez I don't know what it can be, I'm also not good with OpenCore. Mine is functional, see if it can help you.

EFI OpenCore.zip 2.38 MB · 49 downloads

Hi Dear .. first i want to say thank you .. i tried every config and images but this second efi folder you shared solved my problem and now i can install Big Sur 11.1 image with your efi but i have little issues . my usb 3 and wifi dosnt work .. can you make this efi opencore folderbetter for me ?

Asus P9x79 

i7 3820 ( i want upgrade to e5 2697 v2 )

Asus ROG Strix 5500XT / 5700XT ( but in 5700xt geekbench gpu test , my pc was restarted every time )

On 11/16/2020 at 12:05 AM, viniciusmi00 said:

@Hector Melendez I don't know what it can be, I'm also not good with OpenCore. Mine is functional, see if it can help you.

EFI OpenCore.zip 2.38 MB · 51 downloads

Hello, I watch this EFI. I already make chances this file to my Xeon E5 2630 v2 and RX 470, but the system not Iniciatialize, only the apple screen remains and does not enter to login

On 12/27/2020 at 4:41 PM, Asia Firmware said:

Hi Dear .. first i want to say thank you .. i tried every config and images but this second efi folder you shared solved my problem and now i can install Big Sur 11.1 image with your efi but i have little issues . my usb 3 and wifi dosnt work .. can you make this efi opencore folderbetter for me ?

Asus P9x79 

i7 3820 ( i want upgrade to e5 2697 v2 )

Asus ROG Strix 5500XT / 5700XT ( but in 5700xt geekbench gpu test , my pc was restarted every time )

I'm also not getting my USB 3.0 to work. The "GenericUSBXHCI.kext" kext is not working on Big Sur. I am looking for a solution, but so far I haven't found it. Is your USB 3.0 also controlled by Asmedia ASM 1042?

On 12/29/2020 at 5:41 PM, dwdistrito said:

Hello, I watch this EFI. I already make chances this file to my Xeon E5 2630 v2 and RX 470, but the system not Iniciatialize, only the apple screen remains and does not enter to login

I abandoned OpenCore, I had some problems. I'm just using Clover. See if my EFi folder solves your problem.

Note: I already changed the SMBIOS serial before I sent you the Clover. You can test this folder without having to change the SMBIOS serial.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hiIk9gt4HAp0nr4N4x7eSmmauFJzqm_S/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

i7 3930k (Sandy Bridge-E) - Rampage IV Extreme (x79) Bios 4901 Modified to NVME - AMD RX 5700XT - 16GB (4x4GB) Ripjaws 1866MHz - Monterey 12.3.1 - Clover 5146

8 hours ago, viniciusmi00 said:

I'm also not getting my USB 3.0 to work. The "GenericUSBXHCI.kext" kext is not working on Big Sur. I am looking for a solution, but so far I haven't found it. Is your USB 3.0 also controlled by Asmedia ASM 1042?

I abandoned OpenCore, I had some problems. I'm just using Clover. See if my EFi folder solves your problem.

Note: I already changed the SMBIOS serial before I sent you the Clover. You can test this folder without having to change the SMBIOS serial.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hiIk9gt4HAp0nr4N4x7eSmmauFJzqm_S/view?usp=sharing

yes yes .. exactly ASMedia® USB 3.0 controller

if you found a solution , please share with us

again , thank you for everythink

On 1/28/2021 at 2:08 PM, JakubW said:

Hey guys,

I got PM to work fully in OC, I followed the official OC guide and generated the SSDT with Piker's script and set up the Omni Patch. Config bit for OC attached, as well as Output from AppleIntelnfo

Config and output.zip 4.46 kB · 1 download

Hi mate, do you have x86platformplugin loaded in ioregistry?

Thanks for sharing the .plist. Do you mind sharing the ssdt so I can compare with mine? 

Thanks in advance.

Hey, no the x86platformplugin plugin isn't loaded, it wouldn't load anyway, just the kext patches

23 minutes ago, JakubW said:

Hey, no the x86platformplugin plugin isn't loaded, it wouldn't load anyway, just the kext patches

And here is the SSDT, nothing big, most of the job was done with Pikers script. 

SSDT-PM.aml

On 2/3/2021 at 9:00 PM, JakubW said:

And here is the SSDT, nothing big, most of the job was done with Pikers script. 

SSDT-PM.aml 2.71 kB · 1 download

got improvements on SSDT and loading x86 platform plugin, now it is loading correctly and Mac single core turbo is displayed correctly. To generate it I sues the script with following attributes 

./ssdtPRGen.sh -p 'E5-2670' -x 1 -target 0 -c 3 -cpus 1 -l 8 -mode custom -d 3

You need to extract amps from your motherboard and copy APIC.aml to your desktop.

• Administrators

-Desktop HEDT SandyBridge-E and IvyBridge-E Download HERE (x79 Chipset)

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE