WonkeyD

Required Asus Edits

Hi all,

Im working on a new updated DSDT for my motherboard (Asus P8H67-I Deluxe), since all of the existing ones I have found do not work 100% as expected.

Now following on from several posts here, I have come up with the following list of individual edits to be applied to the original untouched DSDT file. These are based on recommendations I have read both here and at the tonycrapx86 site, rather than having the full level of technical knowledge. They are (In no particular order):

LPC

EHCI

EHCI Sleep/Ownership

RTC

HDEF

ALC892

DTGP

IRQs

SBUS/SMBUS

HPET

Shutdown For Asus Boards

WAK

They will be based on the latest bios version which is 0606.

If anyone can see any obvious errors or has any suggestions/comments, I would appreciate them.

since all of the existing ones I have found do not work 100% as expected

Please be more specific, what does not work?

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

The existing ones didnt work correctly because the audio wasnt patched properly. It created a lot of errors in the system logs and there was no sound at all.

I actually managed to find out what was wrong in the end. By looking through the patch file and the individual patches and removing them bit by bit, it appears the audio was incorrect.

Now if I use the original patch file for this motherboard, patch the original unmodified .dsl file, and then apply the ALC892 patch on top of that and then compile it, it compiles cleanly and works perfectly including proper audio.

So it seems the original patch that is available here works for everything except the audio. Just add the ALC892 patch on top and all is good.

It was frustrating for me because in-built audio is really important.

Having had a couple of bios updates since the version I was working on to begin with, I can confirm that the method above works for newer versions too.

So all is well in the end, and peace is once again restored to my Hackintosh universe :)

The included HDEF patch is "generic" (layout-id 12), if your patched kext uses different layout-id, you need to adapt the DSDT patch, as explained here http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=634

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

Thanks artur-pt.

I have the audio running now without using additional patches, by changing the id to 892. Im also running Snow leopard here, not Lion.

Im going to rebuild the DSDT a couple of times using different options. I know i was close to it before but like a nugget, I didnt write down the exact steps I took.