chouuohc87

Acer TimelineX 3830T - DSDT&SSDT Almost without Errors

Hi. I have a Acer TimelineX 3830T. It has a i3-2310M processor. I have extracted and edited the DSDT and SSDT to the best of my knowledge. It is usable right now, but I have been trying to fix the kernel errors on boot up.

Also, I am having trouble making the Speedstep work and using the SSDT for C-states and P-states.

If someone knowledgable with DSDT and SSDT could look at my edits to see if I made any errors or missed something that would be much appreciated.

My smbios.plist is MacBookPro8,1.

My org.chameleon.Boot.plist has the following:

I'm not sure if I should use GenerateCStates = Yes and GeneratePStates = Yes. What are the Pros and Cons of using SSDT vs the Chameleon GenerateCStates and GeneratePStates? Also, what are the Pros and Cons of combining the SSDT into the DSDT?

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/dsdt.aml</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>

I have used the following kexts:

• AppleACPIBatteryManager, AppleACPIPS2Nub, AppleHDA, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient, AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB, ApplePS2Controller, AppleSmartBatteryManager, AtherosL1cEthernet, FakeSMC

The major errors I see in the kernel.log is listed below. Here is a link to my kernel.log (http://pastebin.com/VtMiCHWE).

Feb 19 04:27:49 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed
Feb 19 04:27:49 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

-->The laptop is able to sleep and wakeup but the power management problems remains unresolved.

Feb 19 04:27:43 localhost kernel[0]: AppleSmartBatteryManager:getBatteryBIF(0xE00002BC) failed
Feb 19 04:27:43 localhost kernel[0]: AppleSmartBatteryManager:getBatteryBST(0xE00002BC) failed

-->The Battery Manager does not work. All I have is a "X" in the battery icon on the taskbar. Doesn't know which power source is being used either.

-->I think there is a problem with my DSDT cause the battery problem. I don't see a BST or a BIF in my extracted DSDT so I do know what to do.

Feb 19 04:29:07 Stevens-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == fAudioEngineArray" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 3163 goto Exit

-->Sound works but I'm not sure how to fix this error.

I would appreciate any help here. Thanks.

Extracted DSDT and SSDT.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

1.About the speedstep i think you should try out http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=969&sid=b24af6e14af5da18a5a13760700465c2&sid=5fafb7d58d205adc8c34393899eeea9e#p9219 and try using the vinalla appleintelcpumanagement.

2.About battery as lion uses a 8bit data you need to change your battery data in dsdt which is a little complicated for the easy way you can follow the above link and look at later reply there is a way to fix it.

3.About audio havent figure it out myself so cant help you XXD

1.About the speedstep i think you should try out http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=969&sid=5fafb7d58d205adc8c34393899eeea9e#p9219 and try using the vinalla appleintelcpumanagement.

2.About battery as lion uses a 8bit data you need to change your battery data in dsdt which is a little complicated for the easy way you can follow the above link and look at later reply there is a way to fix it.

3.About audio havent figure it out myself so cant help you XXD

Thanks for your quick response.

1. I have already installed the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. It is just the SSDT, C-States, and P-States that I have problems resolving.

Feb 19 04:27:49 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed
Feb 19 04:27:49 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

2. Unfortunately, I have already read about changing the 16 bit to 8 bit data from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=272459 before posting on this forum. I am still a beginner and I understand the basic concept of splitting the 16 bit into two 8 bits. However, I don't understand where in my DSDT I should start and end. If you could post on the forum using the code brackets the specific section of my DSDT I should edit, I will try to attempt it. I would prefer to edit the DSDT rather than use the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from Snow Leopard.

Again, thanks for your quick response. I really appreciate it.

1. Did you patch the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext with speedsteper or u just installed one couse if you patched the vanilla one with speedsteper you should be able to use the speed step just by enabling C-States, and P-States in Chameleon.(I solved it this way) I'm not into ssdt yet so cant help you on it.

2.Try using the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from Snow Leopard from here http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=969#p9249 for battery issue.

I have this laptop! I have been having such a hard time getting osx on it. The installer boots and finishes but I cannot get the system to boot normally afterwards. It hangs on VoodooBattery or Atheros Wireless.

I am trying Snow Leopard next.

I am confused as to how these DSDT files work and how I can get one for my system. Can they be made in a system I can boot?