noktrnl

5750 lion app crashes

I have a 5750 and a fresh install of lion, but when i enable my card in the ati5000 kext i get full res, but applications like ableton and traktor crash instantly. they all load perfect when i delete any ati kexts, but i end up with graphics adaptor only showing 3mb and low res.

my crash log when starting the apps look exactly like what this guy posted in the ableton forums.

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=167470&view=previous

I've tried many methods of getting my card functioning properly but can't figure it out :(

Asus P8Z68-V LX, Intel I5 2500k, XFX HD5750 1gb, 8gb Kingston 1600, 250gb Maxtor OSX Drive, 600w T2 PSU.

That process gives me full res, and displays my card as 5000 series 1024mb, however the applications still crash with the same error. I removed ati files and no crash. (the ati files are apple ones from the 10.7.3 combo update)

Asus P8Z68-V LX, Intel I5 2500k, XFX HD5750 1gb, 8gb Kingston 1600, 250gb Maxtor OSX Drive, 600w T2 PSU.

wow i think i finally fixed it. got my card to show up as 5700 series and now the apps don't crash. i had to make some changes to the boot plist.. i removed ncpi, pci root and dark wake, set aticonfig to vervet and ge on.