skinnie

Atheros wifi card not working

Hello all,

I have the following laptop:

Lenovo X230 12.5 - patched bios for wifi whitelist/16Gb Ram/2x256Gb SSD/Intel HD4000/i5-3320 CPU/Atheros AR9285 WiFi Card

Installed Oralila 10.4.3 and used this EFI Folder.

To have my wifi card working I used " Atheros installer for macOS Mojave and Catalina 2.0 ", the card was working but the signal was weak.
I was messing around and saw that Hackintool have the option to install kext for Atheros card. 
Did it. Signal was much better and all was ok.
I don't know what did I do (again, was messing around with updating EFI kexts) that now I can't get wifi.

The wifi sign is present, but it doesn't show any networks. On system preferences => network the card isn't present.
I already removed the kexts (IO80211Family.kext and AirPortAtheros40.kext from s/l/e, I removed them from EFI.
Tried to install with Hackintool, with the Atheros installer, both run ok but don't seem to "copy" the kexts for S/L/E (I check in finder).
I used kext utility to install them (and now they are on the folder), but still the same result.
I even deleted all the kexts from EFI and returned to the "original" ones, and then installed the Atheros kext and nothing.

Any hint?
I wouldn't like to format the system...

Before you say it...there is a Broadcom on the way...but it will take more than a month...and this card was working fine (and works fine on windows).
Thank you.

On 3/28/2020 at 4:38 PM, skinnie said:

Hello all,

I have the following laptop:

Lenovo X230 12.5 - patched bios for wifi whitelist/16Gb Ram/2x256Gb SSD/Intel HD4000/i5-3320 CPU/Atheros AR9285 WiFi Card

Installed Oralila 10.4.3 and used this EFI Folder.

To have my wifi card working I used " Atheros installer for macOS Mojave and Catalina 2.0 ", the card was working but the signal was weak.
I was messing around and saw that Hackintool have the option to install kext for Atheros card. 
Did it. Signal was much better and all was ok.
I don't know what did I do (again, was messing around with updating EFI kexts) that now I can't get wifi.

The wifi sign is present, but it doesn't show any networks. On system preferences => network the card isn't present.
I already removed the kexts (IO80211Family.kext and AirPortAtheros40.kext from s/l/e, I removed them from EFI.
Tried to install with Hackintool, with the Atheros installer, both run ok but don't seem to "copy" the kexts for S/L/E (I check in finder).
I used kext utility to install them (and now they are on the folder), but still the same result.
I even deleted all the kexts from EFI and returned to the "original" ones, and then installed the Atheros kext and nothing.

Any hint?
I wouldn't like to format the system...

Before you say it...there is a Broadcom on the way...but it will take more than a month...and this card was working fine (and works fine on windows).
Thank you.

i have the same problem. do you resolve it!?