aufdenschlips

Please help with Asrock Z68 Pro 3 DSDT Problem!

Hi!

I have now tried for several weeks to make a working dsdt but i can´t get C/P-states to work nor sleep/wake

when i extract the dsdt (mac, linux, windows all the same) it always starts with this

DefinitionBlock ("DSDT.aml", "DSDT", 2, "ALASKA", "A M I", 0x00000000)

{

Name (SP1O, 0x2E)

Name (IO1B, 0x0290)

Name (IO1L, 0x10)

Name (IOCB, 0x0240)

Name (IOCL, 0x10)

Name (IOWB, 0x0250)

Name (IOWL, 0x10)

Name (IOES, 0xFF)

Name (SL2P, Zero)

Name (TCBR, 0xFED08000)

Name (TCLT, 0x1000)

Name (SRCB, 0xFED1C000)

Name (SRCL, 0x4000)

Name (SUSW, 0xFF)

Name (PMBS, 0x0400)

Name (PMLN, 0x80)

Name (SMIP, 0xB2)

Name (APCB, 0xFEC00000)

Name (APCL, 0x00100000)

Name (PM30, 0x0430)

Name (SMBS, 0x1180)

Name (SMBL, 0x20)

Name (HPTB, 0xFED00000)

Name (HPTC, 0xFED1F404)

Name (GPBS, 0x0500)

Name (GPLN, 0x80)

Name (PEBS, 0xE0000000)

Name (PELN, 0x10000000)

Name (LAPB, 0xFEE00000)

Name (VTDS, 0xFED90000)

Name (VTDL, 0x4000)

Name (ACPH, 0xDE)

Name (ASSB, Zero)

Name (AOTB, Zero)

Name (AAXB, Zero)

Name (PEHP, Zero)

Name (SHPC, Zero)

Name (PEPM, One)

Name (PEER, One)

Name (PECS, One)

Name (ITKE, Zero)

Name (DSSP, Zero)

Name (FHPP, Zero)

Name (TOBS, 0x0460)

Name (SUCC, One)

Name (NVLD, 0x02)

Name (CRIT, 0x04)

Name (NCRT, 0x06)

Name (LDST, One)

Name (SMIT, 0xB2)

Name (OFST, 0x35)

Name (TPMF, Zero)

Name (TMF1, Zero)

Name (TMF2, Zero)

Name (TMF3, Zero)

Name (PICM, Zero)

Method (_PIC, 1, NotSerialized)

{

If (Arg0)

{

Store (0xAA, DBG8)

}

Else

{

Store (0xAC, DBG8)

}

Store (Arg0, PICM)

}

i used the z68 pro 3 dsdt patch together with dsdt editor but still no go. as i understand it at the beginning should be the processors listed

my system only boots if i delete apicpupm.kext. i am usually not that dense but i can´t figure it out

Please lend me some brain ;)

specs:

ASRock Z68 Pro 3 with 1.60 Bios

Intel Core i5-2500k

8GB DDR3

POV 460GTX 768MB TGT

128GB Crucial M4 SSD

AsrockZ68Pro3-dsdt.dsl.zip

ioregdump.txt.zip

kextstatdump.txt.zip

Did you patch AICPUPM with speedstepper? It's needed for Sandy Bridge http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=634

If it still doesn't work, try adding processors in scope _PR http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=881

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

Problem seems to be Asrock's ACPI descriptors. Everytime I extracted my dsdt info from bios the processor part was missing. I assume more is missing because sleep is not working yet. Won't even go to sleep properly not to speak of waking up later on ;)

so i just outline my steps here

1. Download

a) DSDT Editor

b) Z68Pro3-Patch

c) ALC892-Patch

2. Boot WITHOUT DSDT.AML

3. Extract DSDT info

a) with DSDT editor

b) with this code in terminal. It will save the extracted info from your bios to your desktop under "DSDT.AML"

sudo perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

4. "Patch" DSDT

a) Insert the following processor info into the DSDT. I put it right before the first "Scope" entry - "Scope _SB".

Scope (_PR)
   {
       Processor (CPU0, 0x01, 0x00000410, 0x06)
       {
       }
       Processor (CPU1, 0x02, 0x00000410, 0x06)
       {
       }
       Processor (CPU2, 0x03, 0x00000410, 0x06)
       {
       }
       Processor (CPU3, 0x04, 0x00000410, 0x06)
       {
       }
   }

b) In the lower left corner of the DSDT Editor window click "Update tree". Now "Scope _PR" should appear in the tree view on the left side.

b) Apply the Z68Pro3 patch

b) Apply ALC892 patch. Does display an Intel High Definition Audio device in system information but is not listed under sound in system settings.

5. "Compile" DSDT, acknowledge errors and click on fix

6. "Save as" wherever you want to save it, preferably under /Extra of your Lion partition

7. add this to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist under /Extra

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.AML</string>

8. reboot

My system "seems" more responsive but that could be me. This worked under Lion/10.7.3 and is now working under Mountain Lion/10.8. Sadly speedstepper patch is not recognizing AICPM, so it doesn't patch.

If anyone has sleep/wake up working please chime in!

I hope that helps. Information on the Asrock Z68-Pro3 is a bit scarce.

Wow thanks. I installed retail Lion using unishit but I don't have an /Extras folder (I checked with show hidden folders). Don't you need to run multishit with userdsdt or easydsdt to get the /extras folder made? I tried installing the Dsdt made by your method with multishit I got kernel panic. Thanks a bunch again for the instructions.

I might write up a tutorial for getting Lion on this board once I get it working. Also, I can't get the hd3000 integrated graphics working. I'm stuck on 1024 * 768 res. chimera doesn't do anything. I'm hoping if I get the dsdt working chimera might follow?

a) Insert the following processor info into the DSDT. I put it right before the first "Scope" entry - "Scope _SB".

Scope (_PR)
   {
       Processor (CPU0, 0x01, 0x00000410, 0x06)
       {
       }
       Processor (CPU1, 0x02, 0x00000410, 0x06)
       {
       }
       Processor (CPU2, 0x03, 0x00000410, 0x06)
       {
       }
       Processor (CPU3, 0x04, 0x00000410, 0x06)
       {
       }
   }

Hello! Can you tell me what this code specifies/modifies? Can I use it with my i5-2405S? Or should I? :D

If anyone has sleep/wake up working please chime in!

Sleep is working for me on Z68 Pro3-M with 1.70 BIOS and 10.7.3.

Just had to remove one line from DSDT.

http://tonycrapx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=44404&hilit=asrock+z68

Also for speedstep this method worked for me, see post 23:

http://www.osx86.net/notebooks/14115-native-aicpupm-asus-x53sv-sx58v-3.html

If anybody could give me a few details about patches and which should I apply on my DSDT it would be nice.

I got my hackintosh up and running with the Pro3-M + ALC892 patches, but there is a lot more, AHCI, EHCI, DTGP, HPET, new HPET, etc... And I don't have a clue am I need them... ?

Thanks in advance. :)

sorry for the late answer

easiest way at the moment is to use myhack from sojugarden. it is a guided hackinstallation

my persisting problem is to get the dsdt fully functional. Scope (_PR) for one is missing completely.

if you head to tonymax86, they have posted a modified 2.1 bios that should help with the new aipwm

haven´t had luck with sleep so far

sorry for the late answer

easiest way at the moment is to use myhack from sojugarden. it is a guided hackinstallation

my persisting problem is to get the dsdt fully functional. Scope (_PR) for one is missing completely.

if you head to tonymax86, they have posted a modified 2.1 bios that should help with the new aipwm

haven´t had luck with sleep so far

Hi,did you try bios v2.1? Sleep/wake are fine, but I have another issues after this update.

wow, great! how did you do it?

and what are your other problems?

Sleep/wake in SL works without any changes even without dsdt.In Lion I had to swap AppleACPIPlatform.kext with that from SL,to get wake working.Issue-In kernel log there is message "USB Notification: The device "HubDevice" @ 0x1d100000 has caused an overcurrent condition. The port it is attached to has been disabled" although all usb ports works fine.Some time after booting OS appears this message

1275317982_ScreenShot2012-05-14at11_10_12PM.png.d3264d1dfa86a82b9f831edb80615dc8.png

ah, I see!

10.7 was less a PITA concerning PowerManagement than 10.8 but with samisnake´s patched 2.1 bios together with the multishit ssdt for my 2500k things are running smooth and fast, just no wake from sleep (computer wakes but display stays dark)

the USB power issue might be due to asrocks fast charging usb ports

ah, I see!

10.7 was less a PITA concerning PowerManagement than 10.8 but with samisnake´s patched 2.1 bios together with the multishit ssdt for my 2500k things are running smooth and fast, just no wake from sleep (computer wakes but display stays dark)

the USB power issue might be due to asrocks fast charging usb ports

Did you try install AppleACPIPlatform.kext from Snow leopard?I am attaching mine AppleACPIPlatform.kext, it is from SL and plugins from Lion

AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip