ic3cold

pached DSDT getting kernel pnics

Hello,

First of all I wanted to congratulate you for this wonderful forum, after reading the info here I was able to solve a huge problem I had making iAtkos L2 Lion a bit more stable. I still have issues though but you were great help!

ok now straight up to the point, I downloaded a patched DSDT for my motherboard, an Intel DX58SO Extreme Series, and applied to the extracted DSDT, I got using DSDT Editor under Windows 7. So far so good, the first compilation only gave 2 errors, that the Fix errors button, fixed. After that I copied my fresh DSDT.aml, to my other Windows 7 64x installation, which is displayed under Mac OS X as 'Untitled', and the system complains when it boots because it asks to ignore or eject that unknown disk, need to fix that but later ... but first most important things, I replaced my old custom DSDT.aml, by the one I just compiled and the system is mcuh more stable, couldn't hear Audio yet, but it's still much better, the only problem is got a kernel panic when accessing the Apple store to download Xcode4. so maybe you can help me tweak my system, to work better and avoid these kernel panics.

Please note this is my first hacIntosh but I own an old PPC since 1996, so I have a bit of experience with prior Mac OSes, not with OS X, worked with Linux for a while so the commands are a bit familiar although I need to read more, because I don't remember the syntax ... ok now my point is what can I use to fix this?

First my system:

CPU: i7 950 3.38Ghz

Motherboard: Intel DX58SO Extreme Series

Graphics:XFX HD6870 1 Gb DDR5

Memory: 6Gb Kingston Hyper X tri-channel

Hard Disks: 2 Samsung SATA 2Tb HDs --- 1st one Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 200Gb Partition / Mac OS X Lion 1.8Tb partition

2nd Windows 7 x86 Utlimate several partitions

Optical: LG Blu-Ray

Monitor: Viewsonic VX2431 24" LED display

Other minor issues, tweak Chamaleon 2 rv 1960 to recognize my HD6870 acceleration, fix the HD Audio, ALC889A.

Tips to write a smbios.plist compatible with my system. BIOS settings, currently I only setuo AHCI and S3 for ACPI. As far as the other things, I need more info.

Use the verbose boot (-v) so when the KP happens you should see some (maybe) useful information on the screen, instead of the "turn off your computer" message.

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

Use the verbose boot (-v) so when the KP happens you should see some (maybe) useful information on the screen, instead of the "turn off your computer" message.

Well, yes I am booting using -Verbose, even tried Single User, to have a bit more control, but still now is a bit more responsive, as I was able to patch Chameleon using Chameleon Magic, like posted here, but still got a panic browsing the web ... and I need to stabilize my system, maybe there is something I am missing from smbios.plist or info.plist, because I used an installer package that was meant for 10.6.5, where can I get info on what options are needed for my configuration? I mean for the smbios.plist and info.plist ...

You have to look for information in the KP screen. Look for "kernel extensions in backtrace (with dependencies)".

In SMBIOS you should use MacPro4,1 I believe.

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

You have to look for information in the KP screen. Look for "kernel extensions in backtrace (with dependencies)".

In SMBIOS you should use MacPro4,1 I believe.

It Seems all KPs are because of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

I don't have NullCPUPowerManagement, however the last time I was browsing and didn't get any KP messages, the computer just freezed ...