🎉 [ IMPORTANT ] Premium and Donators users 🎉 ×

Lenovo G470 (El Capitan) no video output after boot

robertzero

Installed using the raw image available here at Olarila.

The installation process works just fine however, after that, when I boot up using the usb disk in order to boot the OS for the first time, right after I'm shown the black screen with the Apple logo and a progress bar under it, I am presented with a black (backlit only) screen.

The system itself seems to be working because the hard drive led keeps blinking and functions like sleep works if I press the buttons on the keyboard.

Also, if I just let it sit there for a couple minutes, the screen turns off as it is expected should the system was working normally.

I've tried to boot up in single user mode and move the Intel HD 3000 video kexts to a backup location as also instructed here, somewhere in the forum (I believe it was one of artur_pt's instructions to a guy with a problem similar to mine).

TL;DR:

• Using Olarila's El Capitan USB to install;

Installation works fine;

System boots fine with default options from Clover in USB;

After the Apple Black loading screen no video signal is presented;

The system seems to be responsive though;

No kernel panics or whatsoever at this point.

Any ideas, fellow hackers?

Your hair's so dark, just like the night...

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

Hey, Artur! Thanks for the quick reply!

Let's see...

How should I make those edits to org.chameleon.Boot.plist and SMBIOS if I can't even reach the OS yet?

And besides, doesn't the Clover boot loader in the USB disk already have those set?

Here are some screenshots of the current situation and flags I'm using right now:

http://imgur.com/a/p9qna

As I said, I'm not sure what I should change now but I did move those Intel HD kexts to a backup directory and reboot but nothing happened.

hello

that is all u have in clover ?

so many daft fix .. are u sure u know what u are doing with that setup ? .. make the install simple

give a good read here ..

https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration#config-plist-structure

is not easy to help .. if u don't know what are applying

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

My OS X Files 

hello

so many daft fix .. are u sure u know what u are doing with that setup ? .. make the install simple

give a good read here ..

good hack

Hey, Artur! It's me again.

I don't think you quite understood what I wanted to showcase earlier with those pictures of Clover. Here's what I really meant to say:

Those pictures are from the Clover in the usb install disk downloaded from here and written directly to the thumb drive using the Win32DiskImager software.

All those options are checked by default in the USB image downloaded from here at Olarila.com.

Anyhow, I have to say I've solved that issue with the installer by pressing 1 while booting the USB install disk thus, using Chameleon to start the installation, which worked perfectly.

However, now, with the system already installed with the basics to let me fire up the OS from the hard drive (e. g. without the aid of the usb disk installer), I have no graphics acceleration or whatsoever.

No QE/CI, no audio, no wi-fi (except for the wired connection which I got working by using the ALXEthernet kext).

Trackpad seems to be working properly and I can even check the "ignore accidental trackpad input" option.

My question is: Does the Intel HD 3000 really work in the newer versions of the OS (Like Yosemite and El Capitan)?

I know for sure it's not OOB.

The way I have been able to boot into the OS for the first time around is by doing the following:

fsck -fy
mount -uw /

mkdir /Backup

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mv -f NVD*.kext /Backup
mv -f ATI*.kext /Backup
mv -f AppleIntelGMA* AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer* /Backup

chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions/*
chmod -R 755 /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions/*

reboot

From this point on I'm honestly pretty much clueless as to what I should do to get the rest working. Starting by the video.

Additionally, is there any way of testing the proceedings without having to reinstall the OS every time we mess up?

Thanks!

(and sorry for the stupid questions. I'm not that tech savvy like you guys)

EDIT

Based on your instructions on http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2193, here's what I got so far:

Extensions backed up;

Config SMBIOS MacBookPro8,1;

My screen resolution is not greater than 1366x768 so I guess I won't be needing the DualLink hack, right?

Plus, I've never extracted/tinkered with any DSDTs and/or SSDTs so I'm not really sure about the other hacks/edits in there mostly because I've never really had to work with any MacOS subsequent to Mavericks, in which I used the Chameleon bootloader and only made alterations in the org.chameleon.boot.plist files.

I'd like beforehand, to apologize for my inconvenience and thank you for being ever so patient.

hello

give a good read here ..

good hack

Hey, Artur! It's me again! (again!)

Now with good news and updates:

I've successfully installed the system and configured the graphic card (Intel HD3000) to work in full resolution with QE/CI!

Turns out I didn't need any modified kexts after all. I have the Intel HD 3000 of ID 8086 0116 which is natively recognized by MacOS as a vanilla card, only requiring the modifications in the plist.config like Intel Inject, for example.

If anyone is facing the same issues I was, I highly recommend studying the Rehabman's Intel HD 3000 plist file from his repository in GitHub, which taught me a lot!

(Also, using his file for 1366x768 screen will also do the trick, if the display on your laptop works with that resolution).

Now, I'm more acknowledged than I was when I first created this thread but I'm not yet done with this.

I hope any of you can help me with my DSDT/SSDT modifications in order to get a few remaining things done.

I'll gather up what's left to be done and post it here in a few minutes.

Again, thanks fore everything!

Rob

Lenovo Essential G470 (59-066925):

lenovo-g470-59-066925-core-i3-2nd-gen-2-gb-500-gb-dos-59885-large-1.jpg

:idea:SPECS:

• BIOS 40CN33WW V2.19

BOARD 3000472301929

CPU Intel i3-2310M

VGA Intel HD 3000 (8086 0116)

AUDIO Intel HDAC / Conexant CX20590 (8086 1C20)

WIFI Ralink RT3090 (1814 3090)

LAN Qualcomm Atheros AR8152 v2.0 (1969 2062)

DSDT extracted from MacOS 10.11.6 (El Capitan / Hackintosh) with Clover (F4 option at boot)

I need to make sleep, battery, audio (audio in/out + onboard mic), WiFi and screen brightness work.

-----

I'm also including all files I think might help, including:

:arrow:DSDT_SSDT_RAW_CLOVER_F4.zip:

• RAW ACPI Tables from Clover (extracted using F4 key at boot) (Raw/Unedited files);

:arrow:DSDT_SSDT_MOD_OSX86.zip:

• DSDT/SSDT I found at osx86 site made by another user, same notebook.

Battery percentage works fine;

Speedstep might be working as well (not sure how to verify this);

Screen brightness works partially (shortcut keys on keyboard (fn+Up/Down) don't work and doesn't remember last position after reboot;

Audio out works (speakers/phone jack), audio in doesn't (on-board mic / mic-in jack) (using All in One Audio Solution 2 from hackintosh.zone);

Card reader doesn't work;

Bluetooth/WiFi both don't work;

Sleep doesn't work. As soon as I close the lid or manually force it, the laptops wakes up instantly after that;

:arrow:LenovoG470_IOReg.zip:

• IOReg extracted using the IORegistryExplorer-SLRID_v10.6.3 app;

:arrow:config.plist:

:?: Could you guys please help me figuring out what needs to be patched in the DSDT/SSDT to make the remaining items work?

I don't understand ACPI/AML/ASM programming so I really have no idea how to patch it on my own.

Thanks in advance!

DSDT_SSDT_RAW_CLOVER_F4.zip

DSDT_SSDT_MOD_OSX86.zip

LenovoG470_IOReg.zip

hello

try this one

DSDT.aml.zip

have u a atheros 9280 wifi card ? cuz is that is injected in ur dsdt .. maybe not .. maybe u have a unsupported wifi

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1703

read there carefully and don't use the ssdt u have in folder .. generate 1 with pike script .. or enable in clover the states

https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/ACPI#acpi_ssdt

the sleep and wake usually have related msg in console about what is causing the problems

the audio hdef device is set for 0C (12) layout for that working must use a applehda with that layout

good hack

My OS X Files