oldman20

[Request] Nvidia Disable DSDT for ASUS K53SV-SX850

Hello users of this amazing forum!

I've successfully set up a QUADboot between windows 10, OS X 10.11, Ubuntu 16.04 and Remix OS, using Clover bootloader. I'm a amater user but interesting with computer.

I've an ASUS K53SV-SX850 with the following specs:

Intel core i5 2430M (Sandy Bridge)

Intel HD3000

Nvidia geforce 540M (with Optimus)

Realtek ALC269

Reatek AR9002WB-1NG wifi combo card [AR9285 + AR3011 (bluetooth)]

Touchpad: Synaptics

I've managed to get almost working properly, full qe/ci, ethernet, wifi, bluetooth, AppleHDA, exclude touchpad, fn keys not fully

I've left to do is patch my dsdt so that the Nvidia card is disabled with OS X, to save some battery and lower the temperature.

I would appreciate a lot if anyone would take the DSDT I've attached and Disable NVIDIA.

And with Touchpad Synaptics, which kext i should to install to make it work useful?

Thanks so much

origin.zip

Dell Inspiron 3558 (UEFI) - Intel Core i5 (5th Gen) 5200U /2.20GHz - 8GB RAM DDR3L - Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500/ nVIDIA GeForce 920M - 1366x768 - Realtek ALC255/ALC3234 @ Intel Wildcat Point-LP PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [F0]/ layout-id=20 - Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 - Dell Touchpad /Synaptics I2C- Samsung SSD 860 EVO MZ-76E250BW 250GB (GPT) 

hello

test this one

[attachment=0]DSDT.zip[/attachment]

good hack

Thank you very much, my friend! I will trying this tonight, as soon as i go home. Would you tell me what and where method or code you added into my DSDT? I trying a lot guide but cant do it, cause i cant find method which is show in these guide

Dell Inspiron 3558 (UEFI) - Intel Core i5 (5th Gen) 5200U /2.20GHz - 8GB RAM DDR3L - Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500/ nVIDIA GeForce 920M - 1366x768 - Realtek ALC255/ALC3234 @ Intel Wildcat Point-LP PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [F0]/ layout-id=20 - Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 - Dell Touchpad /Synaptics I2C- Samsung SSD 860 EVO MZ-76E250BW 250GB (GPT) 

hello

i really don't know if go work .. ur ssdt tables don't have ur graphics ..

anyway is full patched ur dsdt ..

usb

sbus

sata

hdef layout 3

hd3000 low resolution 1366x768

bat

irq

rtc

maybe u need to extract ur tables other way .. in windows or linux ..

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

hello

i really don't know if go work .. ur ssdt tables don't have ur graphics ..

anyway is full patched ur dsdt ..

usb

sbus

sata

hdef layout 3

hd3000 low resolution 1366x768

bat

irq

rtc

maybe u need to extract ur tables other way .. in windows or linux ..

good hack

Thanks you so much, my friend

But, its not work, it's still here, my friend :?

o5NDV3.png

and this is DSDT im using on internet

akPMs9.png

Here my all table of aicp extract using Clover bootloader, hope you can help me again, i just want to know how to disable NVIDIA card in my desktop, it very hard to me, other patchs i can learn day by day, of course with your help, bro? :)

sory, almost i forget, a little information in *.dsl file maybe useful? I using this DSDT on internet, which readly patched NVIDIA disable, haven't this error in *.dsl

Parsing completed

Found 1 external control methods, reparsing with new information
Pass 1 parse of [DSDT]
Pass 2 parse of [DSDT]
Parsing Deferred Opcodes (Methods/Buffers/Packages/Regions)

Parsing completed
Disassembly completed
ASL Output:    DSDT.dsl - 476617 bytes

iASL Warning: There was 1 external control method found during
disassembly, but only 0 were resolved (1 unresolved). Additional
ACPI tables may be required to properly disassemble the code. This
resulting disassembler output file may not compile because the
disassembler did not know how many arguments to assign to the
unresolved methods. Note: SSDTs can be dynamically loaded at
runtime and may or may not be available via the host OS.

In addition, the -fe option can be used to specify a file containing
control method external declarations with the associated method
argument counts. Each line of the file must be of the form:
    External (<method pathname>, MethodObj, <argument count>)
Invocation:
    iasl -fe refs.txt -d dsdt.aml
    * The following methods were unresolved and many not compile properly
    * because the disassembler had to guess at the number of arguments
    * required for each:
    */
   External (HNOT, MethodObj)    // Warning: Unknown method, guessing 1 arguments

One more thing i want to know with this, my laptop is enable speedtep? if true its strange,cause i dont using SSDT file,only DSDT

icsVad.png

allorigin.zip

DSDT.dsl.zip

i hear somewhere of tonycrapx86.com is something like this "Remove DSDT/SSDTs from Clover and boot without them.

In order to get a clean DSDT of what is actually in the firmware it is very important that you are not injecting anything or patching anything with Clover when booting"

Is this true? So right method should i generate OEM Tables with Ubuntu? it will better which generate by Clover?

hello

in the images is enabled the speed step .. maybe by clover

https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/ACPI#acpi_ssdt_ssdt-generate_ssdt-generate-cstates

if u have a dsdt to disable the nvidia .. make a diff between the 2 files and see what is different

https://sourcegear.com/diffmerge/

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

hello

in the images is enabled the speed step .. maybe by clover

https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/ACPI#acpi_ssdt_ssdt-generate_ssdt-generate-cstates

if u have a dsdt to disable the nvidia .. make a diff between the 2 files and see what is different

https://sourcegear.com/diffmerge/

good hack

That's the same i thing before, but 2 file is different: one file is dsdt original from my laptop K53SV-SX850, one is dsdt from other, not the same laptop, i mean it for K53 Serial, not for special type. So many method maybe have this one file, but in other file is NO. I trying search _OFF, _INF but dont know what exactly i must modify. Would you help me a tip, please sir?

hello

not really but must be something in PEGP devices ...

good hack

hello, i readly need your help, please! Cause i looking and try a few day but it not work