griftopia

DSDT Patch for Inspiron 1720

Sorry I don't have access to Snow Leopard. Trying with Yosemite right now.

So first, can you please tell me what you fixed in my DSDT? Would help in my education, because I DID get further with it. I got to Apple Logo Screen, but after that I still got Kernel Panic with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. The message says -

"No HPETs available. CPU(s) configured incorrectly".

I googled and some folks suggesting I use NULLCPUPowerManagement. So I put NULL...text, but now getting random results. Booting halts at different points like it is doing something but no error message. Every time I power cycle, it stops at different place. Any suggestion?

Okay so I stopped messing with NULLCPU...kext. Took your last dsdt file. Once again it halts in random places. However it always goes past initializing CPUPowerManagement and Battery Manager and SMC.

Not sure if that helps you fix the DSDT some more. I'm attaching my plist files here for you in case that helps.

Thanks for all your help thus far.

Inspiron_1720_plist.zip

The problem is it does not always halt at same place. Matter of fact, I once again hit language selection screen, but then mouse freezes. I will keep updating this post with screen shots when it does not reach language selection screen. Seems like some kind of "timing" issue causing it to halt maybe?

I'm attaching 3 of the most common halts.

100_1826.thumb.JPG.2de031d66b7405ef7e44ec9424345df1.JPG

100_1827.thumb.JPG.b7fbe914c335fef5260e1e4103e13e4f.JPG

100_1829.thumb.JPG.651929720764ff0d68296b0b45e4ab7a.JPG

hello

make ur installer simple .. only use the mandatory kext for ur hardware .. u have to many kext to boot ..

only use fakesmc without any plugins .. and voodoops2 for ur keyboard and trackpad

and make sure u are using the right smbios .. what os x are u trying to install ?

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

Okay I will only use FakeSMC and VoodooPS2. However my keyboard trackpad seemed to work fine with Apple Kext. Anyways I will try and report. And I'm using 5,1 smbios. I was trying with 5.2 before, but I think 5,1 is better. Anyway to confirm this?

I'm using Yosemite, and I think it should be compatible based on CPU and motherboard.

Like I said earlier, I am trying Yosemite. I will do as you suggest and only try with FakeSMC and NULLCPU...like so many guides suggest. I'm assuming that's the minimum. And I'm trying with 5,2 and 5,1 smbios. Not certain which is the correct one, but I gather it is at least 1 of these 2.

hello

ur dsdt is already patched .. u don't have any specific patch for the os x version ..

use the correct smbios .. i don't really know what u are expecting..

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files