zloduh

Yosemite installation on hp elitebook 8460P

Yosemite installation on hp elitebook 8460P

I have tried to install it and perform these steps:

1. write image to usb

2. boot usb and start installation. ( i use usb 2.0 port and flash )

3. Format hdd as instructed mac journaled

4. Select formatted drive and start install

5. After 16 minute timer has ended i have that window turn pure white and only see restart button.

6. When i hit restart it removes the window i have the top bar remaining and mouse moving but nothing happens i have left it like that for over 20 min and nothing.

7. After reboot i cant boot from that partition.

I checked the bios and it is setup as instructed.

If you need any more details let me know.

I dont have a mac or virtual machine to create install disk manually using unishit /clover / multishit / hp probook installer ( i have done this before on this very same lap top with success but i had access to mac to build the installer )

no big secret here. if you reach install, it should install normally. dont forget to use lapic patch and force vesa in case you didnt set the video correctly.

and what do you mean you cant boot from the partition? what happens?

Se quando viaja faz o que quer, quando viajar, não leve a mulher ----  No PM support. Use the forum.
Dell Latitude i7 8565U 16Gb 256Gb M.2 Intel UHD620 (macOS 14.3) OC

Lenovo Core I5 6200U 8Gb 256Gb HD520 (macOS 14.4b) OC

Ryzen 7 5700X 32Gb 2Tb nvme RTX 3060TI 8Gb (W11)

Installation boots OK. I format the drive and start installation on it.

The timer is 16 minutes. After a while 10-15 min the progress disappears and instead of the progress window i have a white window with only restart button on it. No information regarding successful installation or anything else.

No error ether. I can try and do it again do some photos of the process to make sense if i can't explain it right.

When i press restart that white window disappears and i am left with top bar with clock on it and rest of the menu ( witch does not work ) and only cursor.

Nothing i do/click/press at that point works.

Only thing i can do is turn off the lap top. When i start it again and try to boot from it i cant. If i try legacy boot nothing happens

If i try efi boot ( i have to choose efi file on this lap top) when i go to drive i installed on there is no files to choose from.

When i check the drive back in my windows i can see it contains 2 partitions, one is efi fat32 the other one is mac journaled partition.

I must have tried like 20 times. i have turned off all devices in bios i dont use like light sensor, smart card reader, fingerprint reader and firewire port.

I have replaced wifi card with osx compatible one that work on yosemite last year.

I dont know what is wrong. I ran osx yosemite last year on this machine with no problems only thing i had issues with was volume control, but that is not a dealbreaker as i use mostly headphones and garageband on it :D

Would be cool if someone has some experience with elitebook and this installation to shed some light on it.

thanks again for assistance

i had this very same laptop 2 years ago. the install process is not a big deal. besides use lapic patch from clover and adjust correctly bios settings, all goes nicely.

if you check all and still doesnt work, check your installer or your usb thumb.

you can also check the log while install it to see what is going on and perhaps you can spot the error too.

Se quando viaja faz o que quer, quando viajar, não leve a mulher ----  No PM support. Use the forum.
Dell Latitude i7 8565U 16Gb 256Gb M.2 Intel UHD620 (macOS 14.3) OC

Lenovo Core I5 6200U 8Gb 256Gb HD520 (macOS 14.4b) OC

Ryzen 7 5700X 32Gb 2Tb nvme RTX 3060TI 8Gb (W11)