Orsuli

Some laptops Legacy BIOS and MBR doesn't works with bootloador (Weird selection screen)

Hello, good evening everyone.

I would like to find some solution to a problem I am experiencing with some notebooks I have at home.

These notebooks are two HPs, one G42 and one 430, both of which, as you can see, are not very recent, but the problem is not only with them. In some forums and websites, I see people commenting that when booting from the Clover USB drive, it enters a different screen, very similar to the BIOS, where there are some options such as Boot Manager, Device Manager... Anyway... Clover was installed on the EFI of the USB drive in the bootaf or boot0ss option in the bootloader. I tried both options but always end up on this screen. I am trying to install Yosemite and also tried Mountain Lion; in my view, the problem lies with the bootloader itself. Below I will leave the link to the screen that appears to me, but reported to another user from another forum (please let me know if this goes against the rules, and I will upload a photo of mine).

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/340800-help-for-legacy-boot-of-opencore-solved/

I thought it could be some BIOS option, but it's funny because there are people who claim to make it work exactly on these models of HP that I mentioned above. Including here on the Olarila's forum. But I can't find a solution to this problem anywhere :´( I also know that there are GPU problems with the HP G42. I believe I have found a GPU possible solution and I will leave the link here as well. I just need to boot to test this second solution.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/208-1st-gen-intel-hd-graphics-kexts/

Just one more piece of information. In some forums, they say that it's not possible to boot into Clover or OpenCore (I believe because it's UEFI), so you would have to set up a boot scheme through the HD (huh?). I didn't quite understand what they meant. I saw another tutorial saying that we can create a bootable USB drive THROUGH Mac OS by formatting the USB drive in Mac Journaling and MBR table and writing the Mac OS.app onto it using the Unibeast app (I couldn't test it:´( they didn't approve my first registration on Tonymacx86, labeling me as a SPAMMER username), and I also tried to create the USB drive through the Mac terminal, but it doesn't write the image itself, just the installer on the USB drive without the EFI partition.

I tried these possible solutions but I believe it will work with your help :)

If anyone can help me, I would be extremely grateful. And maybe we can help our Hackintosh friends who are going through the same difficulty to solve this dilemma :)

Here are the laptop details:

HP G42: Intel i3 370M 2.4Ghz (Arrandale) ~ 6gb RAM DDR3 - HDD 500gb - 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics - BIOS Legacy InsydeH20 rev 3.5

HP 430: Intel i3 2310m 2.1Ghz (Sandy Bridge) - 4gb Ram DDR3 - HDD 500gb - Intel HD Graphics 3000 - BIOS Legacy InsydeH20 rev 3.5

Both are almost from the same era.

Thanks again and good night.

Edited by Orsuli