🎉 [ IMPORTANT ] Premium and Donators users 🎉 ×

Dell Latitude E6510 Clover UEFI Boot

Justin.Reinhart

I've come a long way! But I'm having a Clover EFI boot issue vs Mac 10.8.0 on the hard drive. When I use Clover and attempt to boot the "MAC-OSX" partition on my drive, I get a BLACK SCREEN. No cursor. No activity whatsoever.

Some facts:

- HD is pure GPT

- Clover is installed and boots at \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi

- Clover has no issue booting Windows 7 on the hard drive

- Clover immediately shows a black screen when choosing to boot Mac 10.8.0 on the hard drive (key issue)

- Clover also immediately shows a black screen when choosing to boot Mac unishit 10.8.0 USB stick

- MAC-OSX HD partition was installed and setup using unishit 10.8.0 USB stick.

- MAC-OSX HD partition can be booted by tapping F12, choosing Legacy USB boot to unishit 10.8.0 USB stick, and then targeting MAC-OSX HD partition. Thus, clearly this installation is bootable, just not when using Clover as the entry point.

- I rely on this unishit 10.8.0 USB drive to boot my mac environment. I'm trying to switch to Clover EFI.

- I can combo update to 10.8.4. Going to 10.8.5 breaks my wifi.

- I cannot jump straight to mavericks yet. When I boot the Clover EFI Mavericks USB, the install GUI doesn't show up (laptop reboots just before shown). To troubleshoot this I first need to have a working mac environment that doesn't rely on my USB stick so that I have a spare USB to make changes to

Honestly I have no idea how to proceed. I have googled for hours trying to find out how to troubleshoot but I've found nothing.

I was using Clover Configurator and somehow Clover's plist got corrupted or massively changed and suddenly I got a little further.

- I no longer get stuck on a black screen when selecting Mac.

- I will get the black screen seemingly if I enable anything related to DSDT "fixes"

- New issue: When attempting to boot mac from hard drive using Clover, it starts to load, I see a white screen for 3-10 seconds, then I see rainbow screen tears for a quarter of a second and my laptop reboots. I have not been able to fix this after hours of googling.

- As usual, booting with unishit 10.8.0 USB stick still works.

hello

we don´t give any support to " beast " tools..

u can find here in forum several images .. our images.. and how to prepare ..

and many info about ur problems ..

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

• 5 months later...

How did you get your Dell e6510 to boot in UEFI

Dell E6510 with A16 Bios

Hackintosh Yosemite 10.10.2

I installed Ubuntu and the EFI is Fat16 and not Fat32

Edit:

I used Parted Magic to format EFI to Fat32, deleted Windows and Ubuntu partitions and Clover is working in UEFI. Dell E6510 may not read Fat16.

Now reinstall Windows 7 x64

• 4 months later...