dsnti

[macOS Ventura] i7-4790 + RX 580 2048SP Success!

I was about to give up on this one, but the biosmod saved this GPU. I was really going to exchange for an R9 290 4GB (which needs spoofing anyway).

The trick is to mod the extracted bios from your own RX 580 2048SP and change some strings to match the model and device id values of the real chip used in your card. You will need to disassemble the card to look at the GPU die to check the chip model.

On Overclock.net there's this topic all about RX480/RX580 modding and such, which helped me A LOT in editing the vBIOS hex file.

What works:

• Sleep (it doesn't suspend to disk because of motherboard limitations, allowing S3 sleep only).
  • Full QE/CI acceleration.
  • Full power management (0.8GHz to 4.0GHz).
  • GPU power management and stats.
  • Apple DRM (FairPlay 1.x & 2.x tested).
  • Apple Services (iCloud, iMessage, etc).
  • HDR on DisplayPort output (tested on an Ozone DSP24).
  • AppleVTD (Intel VT-d enabled on BIOS with DisableIoMapperMapping option enabled on OC, no crashes or network losing connectivity till now).
  • Sound on HDMI, back panel and front panel, including mic.

What doesnt't works:

• Integrated CPU Video (Intel HD 4600 got no driver support on Ventura without OCLP patches).
  • WLAN/Bluetooth (Mobo has only one x1 slot which is covered by the GPU, so no place to connect the adapter)

Specs:

• Stock Intel i7-4790 non-K.
  • Diebold B85H3-M5 (a rebrand of the ECS B85H3-M5 sold in the brazilian market).
  • Realtek RTL8111EPV Ethernet.
  • Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600MHz.
  • AFOX (another brazilian brand) RX 580 8GB 2048SP biosmodded to an real RX 570 8GB.
  • 1x Crucial CX500 256GB as boot disk, 3x Micron 256GB running on software raid on macOS, all SATA3.

spacer.png

Thanks!

Edited by dsnti
Wrong network card.

On 6/22/2023 at 3:43 AM, Yaghami said:

bro i have rx 580 8gb 2048sp what do i do bro? i flashed bios to rx 570 but that doesnt work any solution bro?

What is the card brand? You need to take a look at the memory manufacturer and the die identification (it's labeled on the GPU die). Try to find an vBIOS model on TechPowerUP's website that matches the memory brand/model of you card. These chinese RX580 can change a lot from card to card. Sometimes the die is from an RX470, other times is from an RX570. Use the pbec app (this app) if you're on macOS and need to look at the vBIOS info. 

These are the info etched on the GPU die and the card that it belongs:

215-0876204 = RX 470
215-0876406 = RX470 Mining
215-0876184 = RX480
215-0910052 = RX570
215-0910038 = RX580

Use this info to look for the appropriate vBIOS for your card. The Sapphire RX 570 vBIOS works with most of the cards i've tested. Sometimes, as the port layout changes from card to card, some outputs may not work. On another modded chinese RX580 i lost two DisplayPort outputs. If none of those works, I suggest you to use some hex editor to try and change the vendor-id value. Dont forget to validate the modded bios on Polarios BIOS Editor, as the CRC of the modded file is invalid.

On 6/29/2023 at 10:11 PM, dsnti said:

What is the card brand? You need to take a look at the memory manufacturer and the die identification (it's labeled on the GPU die). Try to find an vBIOS model on TechPowerUP's website that matches the memory brand/model of you card. These chinese RX580 can change a lot from card to card. Sometimes the die is from an RX470, other times is from an RX570. Use the pbec app (this app) if you're on macOS and need to look at the vBIOS info. 

These are the info etched on the GPU die and the card that it belongs:

215-0876204 = RX 470
215-0876406 = RX470 Mining
215-0876184 = RX480
215-0910052 = RX570
215-0910038 = RX580

Use this info to look for the appropriate vBIOS for your card. The Sapphire RX 570 vBIOS works with most of the cards i've tested. Sometimes, as the port layout changes from card to card, some outputs may not work. On another modded chinese RX580 i lost two DisplayPort outputs. If none of those works, I suggest you to use some hex editor to try and change the vendor-id value. Dont forget to validate the modded bios on Polarios BIOS Editor, as the CRC of the modded file is invalid.

Bro can you help me on this? Cause i have an Alseye RX 580 8gb 2048sp but the fact is when i changed bios to sapphire RX 570 it worked but on the Furmark the Core Clock stuck at 300mhz like its not properly working at the same point Mac OS detected my card as RX 570 but on Benchmarking my card not giving best results cause of core clock...

If you can help me with this its a pleasure for me bro :)