beastybell

USB Current issue Maximus VI Formula

Hey all, I was battling with Mountain Lion on my old pc with a Gigabyte mobo, I was able to make it work and I was very happy about it. Now I have upgraded to Asus Maximus VI Formula and the installation is like a butter! I have only few problems with it, but first I am going to tell you about my hardware and what I got working.

Mobo: Asus Maximus VI Formula , CPU: i7 4770k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, WD Black 1 TB, PSU: Corsair VX 550, got working almost everything without Bluetooth, GTX 550 ti DiCu 2, I even got the WiFi working-the one on the mPCIe combo port. The problematic audio is Native Instruments Audiokontrol 1- USB -Builds I have tested are- clean ML and Mavericks and Yosemite. Now to the problem.

Update 1: The stuttering and the ghost^ sounds ( usually when I change system sound presets, or playing short audio files) occurs every time with my NI AK1 External USB card. I am using the latest USB drivers, which are native and from the Native Instruments website. I have tested all USB ports. Either the USB ports do not have enough power, or the card is too sensitive, or it has bad USB drivers. Under windows, none of the issues are present (monitor goes blank and stuttering). Other strange thing is, when I plug my Creative X-Fi Go, which is also a external USB sound card, none of the ghosting and stuttering occurs, also the same with the internal ALC 1150.

Update 2: Seems I have resolved half of the issues and found something strange about the stuttering sound. The monitor blinks when you touch the audio jack to any part of the pc, because either there is current inside the woofer's amplifier or there is a shortage somewhere in the cable. Also the HDMI seems cheap one and missing some wires ( grounding probably), so anything can cause interference.

Anyway, the issue I have left with is the stuttering sound. Strange thing is when I open a SYNTHESIZER application, the stuttering is gone on 90%, once I close the synthesizer app the stuttering is back? So is this something like the nvidia freeze app? Do i need to run something in the background? Is it a buffering issue? Any way to adjust buffer in core audio -desktop and system sounds? No stuttering inside Ableton, Cubase or any other app... Strange..

So please, someone who has the knowledge.. help me.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Guest

hello

this usb sound have mac os x drivers ?

it works in a mac ?

it works in windows .. everything works in windows ..

about logo

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298808-can-we-get-back-the-apple-logo-on-boot/

solve one problem .. another

don't post a bible of problems ..

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files