anerik70

How to install Lion GM on HP pavilion dv7 4269wm

Okay i'll try to explain in my bad english (I'm from Colombia)

To do on a functional os x system

1. Download this dmg for booting: http://www.mediafire.com/?kjnvuc0l0ew5cm2

2. Get Lion GM dmg

3. Prepare an 8GB usb with two partitions 500MB for the boot and the rest for lion

4. Mount the MIID_DVx_i5i3 downloaded in step 1 and restore MIID to 500MB partition

5. Mount Lion GM dmg and restore to the other partition by Mald0n method

6. Install latest chameleon to MIID partition

7. Download: http://www.kexts.com/view/1730-os_x_lion_kernel_lapic.html

8. Copy this kernel to MIID and to Mac os x base system partitions (replace if neccesary)

9. In MIID partition (Extra folder)configure your com.apple.Boot.plist to load mach_kernel

10. Copy fakesmc.kext and nullcpupowermanagement.kext to system/library/extensions (in Mac os x base system partition)

11. Remove all ATI and IntelHD kexts from system/library/extensions (in Mac os x base system partition)

12. Copy my DSDT http://Olarila.com/forum/download/file.php?id=425 to extra folder in MIID partition

13. Reboot and boot from usb, then select mac os x base system

You have to get an usb keyboard to complete the install

Sources:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=250849&pid=1651874&mode=threaded&start=20#entry1651874

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=108

Asus N53SM - X5MS | Intel Core i7 2670QM | GT 630M |INTEL HD GRAPHICS 3000 |

TripleBoot: Ubuntu 12.04-Mountain Lion 10.8.2-Windows 8

Thanks for everything so far!!!!!

I followed your steps but instead used chameleon 2.1 and it couldn't find bt(0,1)Mach_kernel. Is there any workaround?

I also had ran into a kernel panic after the install... Is there anything else I am supposed to take out?

By the way, please ignore the 2 messages I sent you and reply here please!!!!

Thanks for everything so far!!!!!

I followed your steps but instead used chameleon 2.1 and it couldn't find bt(0,1)Mach_kernel. Is there any workaround?

I also had ran into a kernel panic after the install... Is there anything else I am supposed to take out?

By the way, please ignore the 2 messages I sent you and reply here please!!!!

Step 9. Configure your com.apple.boot.plist

Wrong(bt(0,1)Mach_kernel)

Correct(bt(0,1)/Mach_kernel)

After the install you have to boot from usb select the partition that you installed Lion, complete the install, then install chamemelon on the partition that you installed Lion; copy your mach_kernel to "/" and the others kexts (Nullcpu, fakesmc, evoreboot, voodoops2controller, etc) to S/L/E. Now you can boot from lion HDD

I already had it set at (bt(0,1)/Mach_kernel. It still says can't find it. I have it in the root directory of both Lion installer USB and miid partitions.

okay, go to MIID partition /extra/com.apple.boot.plist and replace for this

org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

What else do I take out in 11.? Do I need to remove the IntelGMA kexts?

Cual necesito take out otra than los ATI y INTELHD kexts? (Espanol from la escuela jaja)

Only intelHD and ATI kexts all of them

On install try to named Macintosh HD to your Lion partition

Tell me if success or no

Okay I've reformatted my partition as Mac OS X (Journaled), but now it asks me to reformat the disk as "GUID Partition Table". What do I do now? I want to be able to run windows too.

http://3rr0rists.net/driver/mbr-patch-for-lion-gm.html

Okay! Thanks anerik for everything you've done so far. Now I ran into this error after using those 2 tweaks you gave me. I think its a kernel panic from mach_kernel because when it states the error in the black and white part of the error screen and stops at nanoseconds, it lists lapic_c kernel as the error. Can you help me double check where it goes?

DSC07555.JPG.a162c30be9610cb3fefa3cc45268d03e.JPG

DSC07556.JPG.0556c8a6486e337ddde1edca72d755c7.JPG

DSC07557.JPG.73583d3ba7312e8361b479052511bf60.JPG

Okay! Thanks anerik for everything you've done so far. Now I ran into this error after using those 2 tweaks you gave me. I think its a kernel panic from mach_kernel because when it states the error in the black and white part of the error screen and stops at nanoseconds, it lists lapic_c kernel as the error. Can you help me double check where it goes?

You have to boot from a working os x system and then go to Macintosh HD an replace mach_kernel for the provided for me. copy attached kexts to your Macintosh HD/system/library/Extensions,Then install chameleon on that partition and boot from this.

kexts_anerik70.zip

supp.tiff

You have to boot from a working os x system and then go to Macintosh HD an replace mach_kernel for the provided for me. copy attached kexts to your Macintosh HD/system/library/Extensions,Then install chameleon on that partition and boot from this.

I don't have a working OS X system. I do have a Lion running on VMware though. How would I access the Macintosh HD then? Or do I have to install Snow Leopard first or something?

I don't have a working OS X system. I do have a Lion running on VMware though. How would I access the Macintosh HD then? Or do I have to install Snow Leopard first or something?

Or use Macdrive 8 i used this

Okay Now I've figured out i need to apply the DSDT that you have given me. But how do you do that with the editor? I don't really understand...? Steps please?

My DSDT is already edited, just put it in /Extra

Edit: I'VE GOTTEN IT INSTALLED NOW.

Keyboard, Wifi, Graphics Settings? (Can't change resolution) are the only missing kexts? Do you have any idea how to get them anerik?

Wifi: No solution yet

Graphics: Can change by "Graphics Mode=1600x900x32" in your org.chameleon.boot.plist in /Extra

We have to join for getting wifi and graphics work

I haven't found kexts for either wifi or graphics! Is it hard to make your own kexts?

By the way, sometimes I run into an avoid error.and can't boot. Any solution?

Also, once I have lion working, do I have to delete any kexts from s/l/e?

remove hpet.kext

Now i'm getting some error about ACPI? It has a bunch of text with AHCI and kernel panic etc. It also says Press power to restart (message from Mac OS X itself).

Solutions?

Anyways, I haven't found any working broadcom 4313 kexts or ATI 6370m drivers. Have you?

Also, chameleon doesn't boot the laptop without the USB. It keeps giving me a boot0 error.

Okay i'll try to explain in my bad english (I'm from Colombia)

To do on a functional os x system

1. Download this dmg for booting: http://www.mediafire.com/?kjnvuc0l0ew5cm2

2. Get Lion GM dmg

3. Prepare an 8GB usb with two partitions 500MB for the boot and the rest for lion

4. Mount the MIID_DVx_i5i3 downloaded in step 1 and restore MIID to 500MB partition

5. Mount Lion GM dmg and restore to the other partition by Mald0n method

6. Install latest chameleon to MIID partition

7. Download: http://www.kexts.com/view/1730-os_x_lion_kernel_lapic.html

8. Copy this kernel to MIID and to Mac os x base system partitions (replace if neccesary)

9. In MIID partition (Extra folder)configure your com.apple.Boot.plist to load mach_kernel

10. Copy fakesmc.kext and nullcpupowermanagement.kext to system/library/extensions (in Mac os x base system partition)

11. Remove all ATI and IntelHD kexts from system/library/extensions (in Mac os x base system partition)

12. Copy my DSDT http://Olarila.com/forum/download/file.php?id=425 to extra folder in MIID partition

13. Reboot and boot from usb, then select mac os x base system

You have to get an usb keyboard to complete the install

Hi, after trying 150 times many different methods i have managed to install lion on my pc following your method. thank you sooooo much :)

but stil got stuck at the first boot after installation. tried many different boot flag (-v -x arch=i386 maxmem=4096 and combination), changed the HP lapic kernel to Taptuns kernel. but no hope :(

Another problem is I am not able to access this partition from windows 7 via macdrive.

If anyone can help me I will remain Indebted.

By the way I have DV6, is it not a problem if I use your dsdt ? Thanks in advance.

HP Pavillion DV6-3140SA | Intel Core i5 460M | Intel HM55 chipset | IntelHD + ATI Mobility Readon 5470 512MB

8GB RAM | RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter | Fingerprint Reader | HP TruWebcam

Hi, after trying 150 times many different methods i have managed to install lion on my pc following your method. thank you sooooo much :)

but stil got stuck at the first boot after installation. tried many different boot flag (-v -x arch=i386 maxmem=4096 and combination), changed the HP lapic kernel to Taptuns kernel. but no hope :(

Another problem is I am not able to access this partition from windows 7 via macdrive.

If anyone can help me I will remain Indebted.

By the way I have DV6, is it not a problem if I use your dsdt ? Thanks in advance.

My DSDT is for dv7 4269wm