Kuvar

Mavericks Post Install Issues

Hello All,

I am Facing Some Problems Regarding Power Management,CPU usage.MY Battery Backup,in Mavericks Just half rather then windows eg:

Windows battery =90min approx ,Mavericks=45min approx

Windows Cpu usage=10 to 15% approx ,Mavericks=15 to 20%

Windows RAM=25 to 35% approx ,Mavericks=60 to 80%

(ALL ABOVE USAGE ARE ABOUT NORMAL BROWSING & USING )

Note:-while I use 10.9 my Laptop throws more Heat & air but in windows It Doesnot Happen mean CALM System Working

I have SSDT.aml,smbios.plist(MacBookPro8.3 Sandybridge),org.chamelion....., in Extra, but Still doing googling to Patch DSDT.

How Can I resolve Power Issues Kindly helpmeout???

Dell Vostro 3550

Processor-i5-2450M(2.50 GHz-Turbo Boost3.10 GHz)

RAM - 4 GB

Graphic - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6630m 1GB(Switchable Graphics)

Chipset - Intel PCH HM67

DualBoot- Mavericks10.9/ Win 8.1 Pro x64 (Chamelionwizard)

Dell Vostro 3550, i5-2450M(2.50 GHz-Turbo Boost3.10 GHz) , RAM - 4 GB , Graphic - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6630m 1GB(Switchable Graphics) , Chipset Intel PCH HM67, Yosmite 10.10/ Win 8.1 Pro x64/ Dualboot Chamelionwizard

Well you can't really compare RAM usage, they are different systems with different applications. In fact I upgraded my laptop from 4GB to 8GB because of Mavericks.

About CPU Usage, that doesn't tell much either, for the same reasons.

The battery might be a problem of power management, but as Mac seems to need more resources, it wouldn't surprise me that it drains more battery too.

Now the temperature, that really should indicate a problem. After correctly setting up power management related stuff here, my Mac is actually running a lot cooler than Windows 8...

The way to know if you are really experiencing power management issues during use is to check your CPU multiplier/frequency variation. You can try Intel Power Gadget to see the frequency, HWMonitor for multiplier and frequency, just to tell some easy solutions.

Your clock speed is 2.5GHz so your base frequency is 1.25GHz, and your turbo frequency is 3.1GHz. That means you should get the frequency varying in steps of 0.1GHz from 1.25GHz up to 3.1GHz (that's why we call speed step). If you're only getting 1.25GHz or 2.5GHz, then your power management is not set up.

By the way you forgot to add an M to your processor in your profile (i5-2450M). And your SMBIOS should be MacBookPro8,1, 8,3 would be for i7.

Mavericks 10.9.2 Retail

When you ask for support, remember to tell the bootloader you use :)

Well you can't really compare RAM usage, they are different systems with different applications. In fact I upgraded my laptop from 4GB to 8GB because of Mavericks.

About CPU Usage, that doesn't tell much either, for the same reasons.

The battery might be a problem of power management, but as Mac seems to need more resources, it wouldn't surprise me that it drains more battery too.

Now the temperature, that really should indicate a problem. After correctly setting up power management related stuff here, my Mac is actually running a lot cooler than Windows 8...

The way to know if you are really experiencing power management issues during use is to check your CPU multiplier/frequency variation. You can try Intel Power Gadget to see the frequency, HWMonitor for multiplier and frequency, just to tell some easy solutions.

Your clock speed is 2.5GHz so your base frequency is 1.25GHz, and your turbo frequency is 3.1GHz. That means you should get the frequency varying in steps of 0.1GHz from 1.25GHz up to 3.1GHz (that's why we call speed step). If you're only getting 1.25GHz or 2.5GHz, then your power management is not set up.

By the way you forgot to add an M to your processor in your profile (i5-2450M). And your SMBIOS should be MacBookPro8,1, 8,3 would be for i7.

Hye M.gbt

>About RAM Usage I would say Like If I just Started up 10.9,No apps running even Not In Background Not in startups So It goes 45-50% Use(I am also thinking to Upgrade RAM to 8Gb)

>About CPU Usage the Thing Is Same Above No apps running but Usage are 10-15%

>About Temperature where to find Out POWERMANAGEMENT Related Stuff as you Said,I have Already Patched

>AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.SSDT & DSDT Now in Extra folder including Smbios plist-8.1 & Org.chamelion.........

>To See Proper Usage I have Used MENUMETERS & iStats menu

>In My post I mentioned M for 2450,Now I have Modified the Signature too

>And My SmBios is 8.1 by mistake I wrt 8.3

Note:I have extracted My IOreg file for Report If You Want More Info you may also go through that,As Per My Knowledge I thing the Discrete Gpu may be Causing Heat Or Draining.

According to you What should b the solution.

any ways thnx,Reply is welcm :)

Dell Vostro 3550, i5-2450M(2.50 GHz-Turbo Boost3.10 GHz) , RAM - 4 GB , Graphic - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6630m 1GB(Switchable Graphics) , Chipset Intel PCH HM67, Yosmite 10.10/ Win 8.1 Pro x64/ Dualboot Chamelionwizard

When I say power management related stuff, I mean:

- choose correct SMBIOS for your machine

- check if AppleLPC is loaded: kextstat | grep LPC

(if not, then fix it)

- create a custom SSDT using ssdtPRGen.sh

- check the best way to drop the SSDTs

(In my case I have 6 SSDTs and 1 of them should not be dropped as it contains some information accessed by the DSDT. So DropOemSSDT is not the way to go as it drops all your original SSDTs. I believe most often people shouldn't just drop all of them but this is something I'm still studying about)

- graph your CPU usage via Intel Power Gadget or HWMonitor to check if it's finely changing frequency (for 2nd generation or later, in 100Hz steps)

- compile and run AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext then let it run for a while, do all your usual stuff, run some heavy things like Geekbench, and check maybe one hour later if you got in system.log AICPUPMI outputting all P-States

your CPU Usage is really weird. Even if I have many apps open, if they're not really running something, when I open activity monitor and don't do anything else I get around 99% of Idle.

About your discrete GPU, I don't know much about that because I don't have one, but I've read that yes, it does waste a lot of energy. Pretty much everything is hackable though so there must be a way to make it run as you wish, if you have the time and urgency to fix it.

Mavericks 10.9.2 Retail

When you ask for support, remember to tell the bootloader you use :)