jkbuha

Laptop Display activation with eGPU

Hi all

I have an issue regarding eGPU usage on Alder-Lake laptops; not sure if anyone's managed to do this yet. I've successfully managed to get the Dell XPS 9520 Alder Lake laptop to work with Monterey, even without an external eGPU, in vesa non-accelerated mode the i9-1200HK is really fast. More details on my github here: https://github.com/jkbuha/XPS-9520-AlderLake-OpenCore

I have an issue regarding the use of the laptop screen when connected in eGPU configuration. When I connect any EGPU (such as the Radeon RX580) I can only get screen output (which is accelerated) by connecting an external monitor directly to the eGPU card, and the laptop display just shows the initial verbose boot messages (doesn't switch off). Is it possible to drive both the LVDS laptop screen and the external monitor?

Thanks!

• Like 2

On 12/14/2022 at 8:51 PM, jkbuha said:

Hi all

I have an issue regarding eGPU usage on Alder-Lake laptops; not sure if anyone's managed to do this yet. I've successfully managed to get the Dell XPS 9520 Alder Lake laptop to work with Monterey, even without an external eGPU, in vesa non-accelerated mode the i9-1200HK is really fast. More details on my github here: https://github.com/jkbuha/XPS-9520-AlderLake-OpenCore

I have an issue regarding the use of the laptop screen when connected in eGPU configuration. When I connect any EGPU (such as the Radeon RX580) I can only get screen output (which is accelerated) by connecting an external monitor directly to the eGPU card, and the laptop display just shows the initial verbose boot messages (doesn't switch off). Is it possible to drive both the LVDS laptop screen and the external monitor?

Thanks!

thanks for great work

actually i want your help about my Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-55-70ZV 15.6

i was trying to install Catalina os but not success yet