Quang

DuetPkg won't work

hi everyone, I am trying to install macOS Big Sur on this machine:

FUJITSU LifeBook T900

• 2.4GHz Intel Core i5-520M Dual-Core
• 4GB DDR3 RAM
• 240GB SSD
• Intel GMA HD Graphics (or Intel® HD Graphics for Previous Generation Intel® Processors according to Ark)

(i know it sounds like i'm crazy by trying to run Big Sur on 13 year old hardware but someone else has done it!)

everything in the USB preparation part went fine until i had to use LegacyBoot (or DuetPkg) to make the USB boot on my laptop (as it doesn't have UEFI)

because i didn't have access to a (M/H)ackintosh, i of course had to use a macOS VM to use it.  however, when i tried to use the tool, it shows this: (image below)

spacer.png

as you can see, i have formatted the partition to FAT32 and changed it to GPT (in other words, the stuff that's on the Dortania site for Legacy systems), but macOS will keep saying that it can't find any FAT32 partitions. now the last time i tried to do this (back in June 2021 but i don't remember which OpenCore version), the tool worked smoothly and the USB booted to the installer (but mouse refused to work so i just gave up there)

i have also tried making installers for HS, Catalina and Mojave but the tool behaves the same. does anyone know of a possible solution to my situation, please?