Giatuareg

HP DV6 3040

Merry Christmas to everyone :)

After my first adventure on a sony vaio that end up very well (sister 100% working) now I'm focusing on another laptop:

HP dv6-3040sl

Processor type: Core i7

Processor Model: 720QM

Processor Speed: 1600 MHz

Number of CPU Cores: 4

Mainboard hm55

Video Chipset: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Two Video Adapters: No

----------

I've installed Mavericks from the Olarila's usb. ( i can reach the installer only with the following flags with the chameleon boot loader: -x -f -v apci=off cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

Installation of OS is 100% perfect.

After I've installed Chameleon boot loader (last version)

After I've installed SMC

Then i'm stuck, every time i have to write the flags cause Chameleon Wizard doesn't have all the flags i need. Do i have to install Nullcpumanager?

Can i put those flags into chameleon.boot.plist? i don't find PCIRootUID=1 and apci=off in chameleon wizard. Also i've read somewhere about a lapis patch but can't find a proper guide to make it work.

Thank you in advance guys

Updates:

Actually i have the entire system working, i would like to have a confirm about:

Arrandale's i3 - i5 - i7 (first generation) don't need DSDT, but C and P states from boot.plist

No need of SSDT right?

QE CI is working but i see that the acceleration is laggy -Unless i move the mouse or press any key-

I mean if i start a screensaver it lags until i move the mouse, really no idea of why it happens.

Cheers

hello

if u can boot without nullcpupowermanagement and with p and c- states=yes

u don't need dsdt

otherwise the nullcpu like the name say disable appleintelcpupowermanagement

u don't need ssdt

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

Hi Arthur and thanks for the answer.

I figured that when I don't move the mouse point, Youtube videos (and audio) are lagging. I've googled and found that it may be related to the P state generator of Chameleon. I guess it controls the CPU FBS when idle? Any hint about please :-) ?

thanks very much

Hi, i use Nullcpupowermanagment, lapic fix (don't know if it's involved in the problem but i needed it to remove the cpus=1 flag and have the 4 cores running).

I don't have DSDT cause i knew that 1st generation i-cores don't need it, am I wrong? can you Artur please say me what i need to do with DSDT (and how to compile it). Many thanks

hi! sorry for reposting this tread. I've the same laptop but I'm a newbie; may I've all the passages in order to install Mavericks with this hardware? thx so much.

Now I'm downloading OS X bootable USB for Intel PCs.rar and Win32DiskImager...