iSheep

Mavericks 10.9.1 Combo Update

Hi guys,

I installed 10.9 GM (http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3836) on my laptop and running smoothly until now. I use chameleon as the bootloader.

And Apple released 10.9.1 already. I find the combo update on their site: http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1707/en_US/OSXUpd10.9.1.dmg

It it okay if update my current system using this combo update?

Any guidance really appreciated, since I get the installer file is from this forum, so maybe any advice that I can follow when I want to update my system using this combo update.

Thanks a lot guys ;)

So, do you think that I can install it without any problem to my current installation?

Or do I need to install again some kext? because I patch some kexts to make it work in my system, for example AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement kext, etc.

When install this combo update, I worried that it will wipe away my patched kext in the S/L/E directory or may be in another place.

Thanks for help ;)

well, this is my experience with the update:

i cant boot after installing this. :D

stuck in setwow_parameters.

gonna try those boot flags i guess.

:(

---

edit:

put all my kexts driver for my hardware. remove the kernelcache. it's booting fine. using kext utilty to repair permission (and build cache) now all my all hardwares are working fine.

i use MacDrive to put the kexts back to the Mav partitions. and delete kernelcache. then everything works fine.

Acer 4740 (i3 330M, Intel Graphic HD, 2 gB ram). OSes: Mavericks 10.9.1 | Windows 8.1 Pro. Bootloader: Clover

Just to confirm, might be useful for someone else.

The update with combo update 10.9.1 is work and safe. just beware to backup your working kext in S/L/E. in my case, after update with combo 10.9.1 my patched AppleHDA was replaced. so, I just need to reinstall my patched AppleHDA and good to go!