dsnti

[macOS Ventura] HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Mini 35W

macOS Monterey was a breeze to install on this PC, gave macOS Ventura a try and, even if this is a Skylake processor, the GPU patching process went super smooth too! Full QE/CI even on older hardware (HD530).

Thanks mald0n for the kexts provided on this link, the final versions of OpenCore, WhateverGreen and Lilu were not working for me and I had to get the beta versions for them, otherwise the boot process would freeze on apfs_module_start error.

Basically everything works, including iCloud integration, beta features from Ventura, Wifi, Bluetooth, Power Management, etc, no crashes or freezes until now.

Spec-wise, this little 1L PC packs a Intel Core i5-6500 (this unit comes with an 35W version Core i5, but if you grab an 90W power brick you can use the 65W Core i5 without any restrictions), 16GB of 2133MHz RAM, a Western Digital 250GB SATA SSD and a Fenvi BCM94360NG card (no patching was required for this card to work).

Some patching was needed for the Intel Graphics 530 to work properly, these involved device-id, AAPL,ig-platform-id, and framebuffer patches, Kaby Lake drivers mostly works with the older Skylake graphics architecture. Metal 3 API seems to work nicely too.

spacer.png

Thanks!

• Like 2

On 7/18/2022 at 10:40 PM, dsnti said:

macOS Monterey was a breeze to install on this PC, gave macOS Ventura a try and, even if this is a Skylake processor, the GPU patching process went super smooth too! Full QE/CI even on older hardware (HD530).

Thanks mald0n for the kexts provided on this link, the final versions of OpenCore, WhateverGreen and Lilu were not working for me and I had to get the beta versions for them, otherwise the boot process would freeze on apfs_module_start error.

Basically everything works, including iCloud integration, beta features from Ventura, Wifi, Bluetooth, Power Management, etc, no crashes or freezes until now.

Spec-wise, this little 1L PC packs a Intel Core i5-6500 (this unit comes with an 35W version Core i5, but if you grab an 90W power brick you can use the 65W Core i5 without any restrictions), 16GB of 2133MHz RAM, a Western Digital 250GB SATA SSD and a Fenvi BCM94360NG card (no patching was required for this card to work).

Some patching was needed for the Intel Graphics 530 to work properly, these involved device-id, AAPL,ig-platform-id, and framebuffer patches, Kaby Lake drivers mostly works with the older Skylake graphics architecture. Metal 3 API seems to work nicely too.

spacer.png

Thanks!

Hi dsnti,

Are you able to please share the Intel Graphics 530 patches? device-id, AAPL,ig-platform-id, and framebuffer patches.

I also have the same PC with the HD530 and am struggling to getting it to work properly without screen flicker whenever trying to play a video/YouTube.

Thanks

Edited by BMWPWR
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 9:34 AM, BMWPWR said:

Hi dsnti,

Are you able to please share the Intel Graphics 530 patches? device-id, AAPL,ig-platform-id, and framebuffer patches.

I also have the same PC with the HD530 and am struggling to getting it to work properly without screen flicker whenever trying to play a video/YouTube.

Thanks

spacer.png

Here's the patches I've applied so far.

Thanks!

Hello DSNTI. 
I’ve been trying to get my 600 G2 (same hardware specs as 800 G2) to work and I’m just having trouble. Would you be able to share your EFI folder? It would be appreciated. If you do share don’t forget to remove your serial numbers from the file. Thank you.