kickbuttowskie

Proper Installation of bootloader?

OKay. I have installed chameleon bootloader base here http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1716. The problem though the link in the chameleon is portugese language. Thats not the problem though. THe problem is after installing the chameleon bootloader i was expecting to boot to my hardrive where i can choose to boot to windows or mac but its not the case. In order to booot to mac i have to insert my usb again and again then boot to the ML installation drive. Is there something I miss? The other thing is that if i boot to mac. I have to type "-v cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No" again. How to make it default so that i dont have to type it again?

hello

Even if you install from pkg, you can still use the Wizard to configure boot options (org.chameleon.Boot) and SMBIOS.

so use chameleon wizard to generate u org.chameleon.boot and u smbios (macbookpro8,1)

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

hello

Even if you install from pkg, you can still use the Wizard to configure boot options (org.chameleon.Boot) and SMBIOS.

so use chameleon wizard to generate u org.chameleon.boot and u smbios (macbookpro8,1)

good hack

Okay Downloaded the wizard. Update it. I go to smbios click the edit button and select the macbookpro8,1. Go to org.chameleon.boot. open the plist generated from smbios.

Restart my pc. Remove the usb stick. Boot to my HD and it doesnt work. It just went straight to my windows os. I didnt see any boot options for windows or mac.

am i doing this right?

hello

what is that update ?

u update the app ?

what have u donne ?

good hack

Here what i did

First I update chameleon wizard like in the picture

screenshot_04.jpg

image upload

After that I got to the SMbios tab like on the pic below and select the macbook pro 8,1

screenshot_06.jpg

photo hosting sites

I tried to save it to Extra folder but extra folder is missing(picture below) so i dont know where to save and save it to my documents folder.

screenshot_03.jpg

screenshot tool

Then i go to the org.chameleon.boot(picture below)

screenshot_07.jpg

photo hosting software

and you can see it says "org.chameleon.boot.plist not found". Where should i get the plist? I open the plist from the save documents then restart but still the same everytime i boot i cant see mac partition and always need the usb in order to boot to my installed mac . I hope my english is clear.

hello

man u have a serious problem...

we don't expect u know everything ... what we expect is that u read and pay attention .. any application have help .. showing help files and tips

u update what ?

if u don't install the boot loader..

and other is with u nicks...

so many..

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

My OS X Files 

hello

man u have a serious problem...

we don't expect u know everything ... what we expect is that u read and pay attention .. any application have help .. showing help files and tips

u update what ?

if u don't install the boot loader..

and other is with u nicks...

so many..

good hack

I installed the bootloader. The chameleon bootloader. I read everything. This is the part i always read http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1716. You can see that the link on chameleon(not the wizard) is portugese. There's no way i can read the post reply of others.

Chameleon wizard lacks the installation step only image so i searh google and youtube.

about the update. You can see on the first image the update radio button is selected. I Installed it. That's the update im talking about.

hello

man try to understand ...

u only update one thing when u have installed ...

u don't install the loader ... so how u gonna update it ?

look top of app.. and read the helps

are 3 options for install the boot loader

good hack

My OS X Files 

hello

man try to understand ...

u only update one thing when u have installed ...

u don't install the loader ... so how u gonna update it ?

look top of app.. and read the helps

are 3 options for install the boot loader

good hack

Yes. Exactly i have installed the loader http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/59-chameleon-22-svn. After installing the loader itself i installed wizard. Follow everything on the image. I did create the extra folder now. Reinstall everything. Select the macprobook 8,1 on smbios tab and open the plist on extra folder.

I didnt touch the DSDT tab because from what i understand DSDT are for only the very compatible hardware. Try to restart. Remove the usb stick. Boot to HD but still went through windows without any boot options

hello

man are u reading what i write ?

in wizard are 3 different options to install the loader..

one is for 1 hd .. 2 partitions

windows and mac os x

other is for more 1 hd...

good hack

My OS X Files 

hello

man are u reading what i write ?

in wizard are 3 different options to install the loader..

one is for 1 hd .. 2 partitions

windows and mac os x

other is for more 1 hd...

good hack

Sorry. Really sorry. But dude you've gotta improve your english not exactly the english but the construction of the sentences. I dont mean to be rude though. Im just saying cause I misunderstand most of the explanation. I just did what you said. And a it still the same output. Im very sure i am doing the same thing you are saying. I can create a vid if you want. :D Pls bear with my stupidity

Hello.

Step by step:

*Install OS

*Install Chameleon and FakeSMC.

*Generate and configure org.chameleon... and SMBios with Chameleon Wizard, whatever the version, the important is generate the archives.

*Active power managment.

*Active Vídeo with GraphicsEnabler=Yes or =No and adjust PCIRoot if isn't 0

*Install VoodooHDA and install VoodooHDADisabler to audio or adjust AppleHDA for your codec

My friend is only this you need do, more info in pós-instalation.

Hello.

Step by step:

*Install OS

*Install Chameleon and FakeSMC.

*Generate and configure org.chameleon... and SMBios with Chameleon Wizard, whatever the version, the important is generate the archives.

*Active power managment.

*Active Vídeo with GraphicsEnabler=Yes or =No and adjust PCIRoot if isn't 0

*Install VoodooHDA and install VoodooHDADisabler to audio or adjust AppleHDA for your codec

My friend is only this you need do, more info in pós-instalation.

I tried everything you said. I even tried clover bootloader.. Still the same. Perhaps dual booting wasn't a good idea. I think i should reinstall all and make only one partition.