RichardGv

[Solved]Cannot boot into installed Mountain Lion with Clover

Update: The problem is already solved.

I'm entirely new to Hackintosh and would like to install Mountain Lion on my computer at work.

Hardware:

CPU: Intel® Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte B75-D3V

BIOS: AMI UEFI BIOS, Version F7, BIOS Revision 4.6

Memory: 4GB DDR3 * 1 (for the exact model I have no idea)

Graphics: NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GTX 650] w/ 1048576KB video mem on PCI-E 16x (not sure about the manufacturer) (connected to Samsung S22B360 display on port CRT-0)

Ethernet: On-board Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)

Audio: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04) (Codec Realtek ALC887-VD) + NVIDIA Corporation GK107 HDMI Audio Controller (rev a1) (Codec Nvidia GPU 42 HDMI/DP) (Not in use)

SATA controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 04)

Harddrive: ST1000DM003-1CH162, GPT partition table

Resources I have at hand:

• Gentoo ~amd64 and Windows 7 x64, both booting with UEFI.
  • Olarila's OS X 10.8 installation USB. Not directly bootable, though: It freezes on "boot0:done".
  • Clover r1942 installed on another USB stick, with almost all drivers enabled (except the 3 Driver64UEFI ones that are indicated to be potentially troublesome).
  • OS X 10.8 in Virtualbox, installed with Olarila's USB image + HackBoot1/2 from LifeHacker.

Problem:

I successfully booted Olarila's OS X 10.8 installation USB with Clover in UEFI mode, with OsxAptioFixDrv64.efi and turning off "InjectGraphics" and "InjectNvidia", and installed it to an unformatted 60GB partition on my GPT harddrive. But, I cannot boot my Mountain Lion on hard drive with the same way. It just freezes, or probably, just boot extremely slowly. Depending on my settings and the time I wait, it freezes on different places (while the installation USB boots pretty quickly).

Things I've tried:

• Add the following boot parameters: -x -f -v npci=0x2000 PciRoot=1 slide=0 GraphicsEnabler=0 dart=0
  • Turning off VT-x and VT-d in BIOS. Change SATA mode to AHCI.
  • Overwrite /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext with the one from Olarila's installation USB.
  • Drop /System/Library/Extensions/{*Graphics*,*ATI*,*GeForce*,*NVDA*}. I probably missed a few Intel ones, though.
  • Randomly playing with various options in Clover.
  • Disabling Ethernet controller and audio chip in BIOS.

I can't remember the exact consequence of all my attempts. It sometimes struck after "[iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed", sometimes after "resetting IOCatalogue". sometimes after "consider rebuild of prelinked kernel: com.apple.kext.triggers triggered rebuild", sometimes after probing my NTFS partitions. For once I waited for over half an hour and got into a white screen with movable cursor. But as it's at my workplace I typically really can't wait that long, and I'm pretty much feeling desperate.

By the way, I prefer UEFI boot since seemingly legacy and UEFI boot doesn't co-exist correctly here. At least, GRUB2 legacy boot seemingly doesn't work (it shows a blank screen and a blinking cursor, only).

Any suggestions, please?

Edited by Guest

You tried everything I would suggest, except doing a new installation using 10.8.4, you can download the image from my signature below.

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

You tried everything I would suggest, except doing a new installation using 10.8.4, you can download the image from my signature below.

Thanks for the fast reply. :)

Could you please provide some specific pointers about where the problem most likely is, like, my graphic card? The white screen seemingly somehow points to it. I couldn't switch to integrated one since I don't own the computer.

I heard the nVidia drivers isn't yet compatible with 10.8.4 (thus I may have to live without GPU acceleration). Is this still true?

I will report back after I downloaded the image.

By the way, as a Linux user I have to say it's truly annoying that the OS X kernel isn't printing out any error messages but just freezes in all those cases.

I don't know, but I recently installed using this image (10.8.4) on a similar system (GA-Z77M-D3H, i7 3770K, GTX 680) and everything worked fine, I just had to uncheck Graphics Injection in Clover options and video worked with acceleration. For UEFI boot I used FSInject, OsxFatBinaryDrv, HFSPlus and OsxAptioFixDrv in drivers64UEFI.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Thanks again. :) The good thing is, firstly, installation with your 10.8.4 image worked. I only had to disable GraphicsInjection, and it could boot both the installation USB and installed system pretty quickly. After I installed driver for ALC887 with multishit-5.4.3, I need dart=0 to boot, and sound still doesn't work. :D

The bad/weird part is, I'm able to boot with Clover-2_r1958 (UEFI) installed on my EFI system partition into neither the system nor the USB stick. I chose minimal options this time: OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and ParititonDxe-64 (which I don't actually need, but just in case...). It struck at basically the same place, I believe. I copied /EFI/CLOVER from the USB stick to my EFI partition, and it struck on "root device node is ...\n ++++++++ ..." now. So right now I'm booting through Clover on your 10.8.4 USB stick. I guess your image actually used legacy (PC BIOS) boot, which perhaps made a difference. Anyhow, I probably will try further later. Feeling quite exhausted now.

Yes, the installer uses legacy boot, it doesn't have anything in drivers64UEFI.

The only difference I see from my install is that I used HFSPlus instead of the default VboxHfs, you can try that

http://Olarila.com/forum/download/file.php?id=2844

Also I didn't use ParititonDxe.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Thanks for all your help! :) I got it working today, with UEFI boot. I did the following things, as far as I could recall:

• I reinstalled Clover 2 r1958. boot0af is installed but it didn't work ("boot0af: error", because I have a GPT partition table and there isn't enough space to correctly install it?). UEFI boot worked, later.
  • Installed FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement from multishit 5.4.3.
  • Removed EFI/CLOVER/Driver64UEFI/VboxHFS-64.efi and installed your HFSPlus.efi there.
  • Set the partition type of my EFI partition correctly (Windows somehow set it to "Microsoft basic data" instead of "EFI System").
  • Moved all graphic Kexts away from /System/Library/Extensions. I found it useless eventually, though, except limiting my resolution to 1024x768.
  • Dropped kernelcache.
  • Boot with UEFI mode. Disable InjectNvidia and use "-v npci=0x2000 dart=0" as arguments

No idea which step helped, but it worked. :)