nycionx

Help with first time Hackintosh

Hey there! This is my first time building a Hackintosh and I'm really clueless on what to do even though I spent a over a week researching google and forums on the subject.

Here are the specs of my new computer:

Intel i7 3770k CPU

Sapphire Radeon 7870 2Gb (requires Mac OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Lion to recognize it)

Asrock Z77 extreme 4 pro 2.90 bios patched

4x8Gb = 32Gb ram Kingston

OCZ 256Gb SSD

I want to make a dual-boot system: one for Windows 7 and the other for Mac OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Lion.

I already installed Windows 7 on my system however and I have only one HDD, a 256GB SSD, so the filesystem is MBR (by default). I just split it into 2 partitions now: 150GB for Windows7 and 90GB for MacOSX. The Mac partition is Mac OS Extended (Journaled) which I made using Disk Utility via a MacOSX Mountain Lion VMWare image.

I tried using the iATKOS ML3U setup, made a USB installer of it but when i booted with it at the install screen for choosing which HDD to install to they all have a exclamation mark saying it needs to be a GUID partition table. I dont understand this?? I thought the iATKOS distro had a MBR patch...so where is it? Why isnt it working?? Should i try another method of installation like myHack or unishit? Also i dont understand this bootloader stuff? Chameleon? Clover? You know i cant even boot my PC normally anymore. It says Missing operating system! Wtf is going on??? I solved this temporarily using a Windows 7 Recovery Disc USB i made, but thats so stupid. It means i cant boot normally anymore unless i have this usb plugged in at boot. How can i fix this? I dont even know what the hell happened here.

Can someone please guide me in the right direction here? What's my next best step? I need dual-boot Win7 and MacOSX. thats it. and without having to format my Win7 partition as i have spent a good past month installing a ton of software and i dont wanna waste anymore time doing that again.

Thanks! :)

About iAtkos issues you should ask here

http://iatkos.me/forum/

I recommend this, it has MBR patch

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3101

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

Looks like the boot sector is corrupted.

Google "how to fix windows 7 boot".

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Looks like the boot sector is corrupted.

Google "how to fix windows 7 boot".

thanks ill check that out later.

meanwhile i have tried the 10.8.4 usb installation u mentioned and it worked but i can boot into it. I get stuck on a black screen with tons of white code that makes no sense to me. I have uploaded some pics.

http://imageshack.us/g/23/6pi6.jpg/

btw, is it a problem that my monitor is attached to my Radeon 7870 gfx card? or does it need to be attached to my mobo (HD 4000 onboard card)? i actually tried removing my card and attaching my monitor to the mob, but it made no difference.

this is all so complicated! It seems i need to know an awful lot of technical stuff just to get Mac OS X running on my machine. I wish there was an easier way.

I dont know wut to do next. Im stuck on this black screen. I tried +10 times to restart my machine and repeat the process. even tried Chameleon bootloader (pressed 1 at boot). no go.

tried arguments like: -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No and Yes. Dont even know wut that stuff means but anyway it didnt work... :(((((

what about this stuff with DSDT.aml I've seen on the forums? Do i need a custom one? I dont even know wut it is jesus christ this is all like a big joke lol

i also patched my bios 2.90 but i dont see any "unlocked" features that were mentioned...? i dont get it, so confusing

HELP PLEASE!! :?

hello

if u want hack mac os x.. no easy way.. so read about it

if u don't want understand stay in a easy operating system.. like windows.. i'm sure u can install it in that hardware.. it can be installed also in u home toaster if it have a dvd drive..

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

hello

if u want hack mac os x.. no easy way.. so read about it

if u don't want understand stay in a easy operating system.. like windows.. i'm sure u can install it in that hardware.. it can be installed also in u home toaster if it have a dvd drive..

good hack

im sorry, how are u helping me? i gave u alot of details about the problems im getting and u tell me to give up. im not gonna give up.

please someone with actual viable help, thank you.

ok i was able to enter mac os x via safe mode. i type -x in chameleon.

i checked the mac system info and it recognized my cpu and memory but not my gfx card. says 3mb video memory and my resolution is stuck at 1024x768. so i assume i need to do something with kext files now? ill try this out tmrw but its all so new to me ill likely run into problems. any help is appreciated :)

Follow these post install procedures, there's a link about ATI video

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1716

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png