ut12300

ML on HP tx2z1000

I've run into a bit of a snag trying to install a retail version of Mountain Lion 10.8.3 on an HP Touchsmart Tx2z.

I've been following the basic guide here:

http://thetecherra.com/2012/02/17/tutorial-run-os-x-mountain-lion-10-8-on-a-pc-hackintoshosx86-from-start-to-finish-2/

I can boot from the USB fine, but after selecting OSX from the chameleon menu, it gets stuck on the grey Apple screen and the LEDs on the keyboard start flashing a code indicative of BIOS corruption. Which maybe doesn't surprise me.

Here are the basic specs of the machine-

Processor: AMD Turion x2 dual core 2.2 GHz

System Board: ID 3045

BIOS: F.12

RAM: 3GB

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

I suspect that it's trouble with the DSDT or SMBios. It's my understanding that AMDs don't necessarily play as nice with OSX. Any thoughts?

The problem is your CPU, Mountain Lion won't run on AMD systems without a patched kernel.

http://Olarila.com/files/10.8/Kernel/amd_kernel.zip

Even with the patched kernel it's pretty complicated, not for beginners, you should try a previous version with better AMD support first, like Snow Leopard retail DVD + OSX86 ModCD.

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

Well, I figured it wouldn't be easy. But I already had a good copy of Mountain Lion so I thought I'd try it.

Apparently, the kernel patch wasn't the only problem. It still hangs up in the same place with a corrupt BIOS error.