rebelmm

DSDTs quite daunting.

Maybe its because I cant read the code. Or dont know how to, that might be it. I mean im versed in web code but this is totally different.

In any case, not even sure where to start or what direction to go. I mean I have a list of patches here from Olarila.com, a clean dsdt, and the patching program.

Lets start off maybe someone can give me a push in the right direction.

Motherboard - XFX Geforce 9300

CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300

GPU - Nvidia Geforce 450 GTS

I had this installed pretty much working on Niresh, no graphics acceleration, speedstep, and usb ehci ownership errors. It just seems odd to me that some of these generic patches here will work on this motherboard. I would just assume it would be different with different addresses for the hardware.

In any case, list of patches I downloaded to be applied.

SMBUS.txt

DTGP.txt

ALC888 - I have an ALC888s

Shutdown.txt

EHCI Sleep

EHCI ownership

AHCI sata orange icon.

I can just add these and they work? Is that really how it goes?

Attached I have a screen of my hardware taken from windows.

XFXGeforce-info.PNG.e2acc9c2ac031196bf8bfe89e09fa665.PNG

I mean hey, ive done my research but again where to start?

Booted under GraphicsEnabler=yes for chameleon.

npci=0x3000 is a must

Audio - ALC888s kext

Ethernet from niresh i used a Realtek 8xxx kext that was included.

Theres a slew of fixed kexts that are added in Niresh default so they wouldnt conflict with each other. Despite having the ioahci kext in there, it still did the orange sata icons still had to add the kext to fix it.

So where do i really need to go with this. Can I, or even do I need to edit the dsdt patches to work with this motherboard? Or can they just be applied easy peasy?

Oh also removed the AppleTYCME driver.

For the gpu there was something I read that mentioned editing the ApplePowerGraphics kext not the exact name but again not sure id like to get this supported through bios I suppose. Fiddled for a good few weeks with kexts and installers to get it to work and havent had much success.

Ideally I want to get all the fixes figured out and put the clover bootloader on there, however just fixing the dsdt would be fantastic in my opinion.

Thanks in advance anyone willing to listen XD I mean help with this board imparticular would be great. Help with understanding DSDTs would be amazing thanks!

hello

maybe u are a bit confused...

DSDT it helps but is not GOD...

only need eventually the patchs for what is not working.. but if the hardware is not compatible.. don't hope miracles..

take a good read here

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=28

there are the principal subjects to config the hack...

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

hello

maybe u are a bit confused...

DSDT it helps but is not GOD...

only need eventually the patchs for what is not working.. but if the hardware is not compatible.. don't hope miracles..

take a good read here

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=28

there are the principal subjects to config the hack...

good hack

Oh it always seemed to me like there were 2 methods to doing things either kexts or dsdt, and in general dsdt can do all kexts can for speedier but are alot more difficult to configure since kexts are drag and drop.