blaatschaap

P67 Extreme4 (not Gen3) hackintosh, need tips from experts

Hi all,

been trying for days to get Hackintosh working. I assure you I've done a lot of research and have been trying hard.

Setup is as follows:

Core i5-2500k

ASROCK p67 extreme4 (_NOT_ the gen3 board)

(mobo has bios 3.10 from http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/ to unlock CState/PState config)

Zotac GT 520 nvidia video card (temporary, had HD 6950 but that does not work)

Have extracted DSDT via Everest and decompiled it with iasl and then began editing using p67 extreme4.txt from patches.php as a guideline (I think that txt file is either for the gen3 version or another bios version, since the patches don't really match up). ( http://Olarila.com/Packs/ASRock/P67%20Extreme4.txt )

A couple of things are really puzzling:

- there is a HDEF defined already, but it is kind of incomplete. Also, it references certain DOCK/DCKA/DCKS elements that a regular patch would remove. I've tried to adapt the patch for this, but that did not work.

- DGTP is not there, so that patch can be applied cleanly at least.

- there is the famous "ABCDEFGH" error too, but with a twist:

Device (_SB.PCI0.DOCK)
   {
       Name (_HID, "ABCDEFGH")
       Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0C15"))
       Name (_UID, 0x02)
       Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
       {
           Return (Zero)
       }
   }

the standard patch for that turns ABCDEFGH into PNP0C15. Is that maybe a problem given the Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0C15")) line? Just guessing here.

- I'm not sure what exactly is causing the boot to fail in non-safe mode, but I think it is the P State error 18. Is this a fatal error indeed? I'm not sure why the P-States aren't getting generated, since the bios mod from the biosrepo site should enable just this fact.

- I kind of understand many of the patches and why they are being applied, but as said, I'm not sure the patch file from the site is for the right motherboard, and not for Gen3, but no matter.

- the aliases patch is there in the patch file on the site, but it doesn't apply to the clean DSDT file (no matches). I can however find many aliases starting with "PR", is this a problem? Since the alias patch deals with _PR scope, I noticed this.

Alias (PRSA, PRSB)
       Alias (PRSA, PRSC)
       Alias (PRSA, PRSD)
       Alias (PRSA, PRSE)
       Alias (PRSA, PRSF)
       Alias (PRSA, PRSG)
       Alias (PRSA, PRSH)

After I install, I can't get into the first boot, without using safe mode. This is normal, right? What should be my plan in order to get this working fully.

I'm attaching the clean acpi_dsdt in binary and dsl form. I know the file name should be DSDT.aml and it should be placed in /Extra, but this is the filename from everest and I'm posting this from windows right now :-)

Hopefully there are some people with the some motherboard who can help me with this! I'm willing to put in effort, don't worry.

acpi_dsdt.zip

The key was using RevoGirl's script for SSDT generation and using a custom Kext for the video card.

The audio didn't work using just the DSDT, so I used HDAEnabler for now.

Anyway, I'm in business. How can I check whether my stuff is fully functional? GPU acceleration, CPU power management. Is there a checklist I can go through?

hello

try this

DSDT.aml.zip

hdef set to layout 12 applehda

must set for the right kext for u alc

and see this and apply

must patch applecpupowermanagement

use ssdt

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1716

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

After a good night's sleep I have managed to get _everything_ working, even sound without HDAEnabler! Still waiting for my USB Bluetooth module to come in the mail, but everything seems to work fine.

Only one issue: Resuming from sleep requires me to re plug in DVI cable to get back the video feed, can anything be done to fix this? May be a GT 520 issue... Getting a GTX670 in a few days, maybe that will fix it anyway.