m_abdelfattah

black screen after loading Mountain Lion CD into Hackboot

I have the same problem. No Option does work and I always get a black screen.

I think my VM changed the resolution, but I do not see anything.

I changed Hackboot, tried the options with "-v GraphicsEnabler=No"

After hitting Enter I instantly get a black screen.

Like in the picture of the first post. I get this screen and after going out of the VM and back in it becomes black.

I've the same problem :( Any other tests to do? How should I configure my laptop? and my Virtualbox? :?:

These are my laptop's characteristics:

Chassis & Display Optimus Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)

Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-4800MQ (2.70GHz) 6MB

Memory (RAM) 24GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (3 x 8GB)

Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 765M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11

Memory - 1st Hard Disk 240GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)

2nd Hard Disk 1TB SEAGATE HYBRID GEN3 SSHD Drive, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (5400 rpm)

Wireless/Wired Networking GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® ADVANCED-N 6235 (300Mbps) + BLUETOOTH

USB Options 3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD

Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence

Thanks a lot

Michele

Hello

This image wasn't created to run on virtual machine, it was created to installation on a HDD ...

I don't know why you want to install it in a VM? What will you get installing a VM?

Everything that exists in a VM is virtual. When installing instead of emulating, you use your physical hardware.

The drive letter disappears because the system partition was changed to +HFS which can not be read by Windows.

My advice is doesn't emule OSX, but install OSX.

Hello

You can run OSX in VM, but like i said, all hardware in VM is fictional, nothing is real. How you gonna test applications?

To run any OSX application you need a minimum of graphics and audio. How will you know what's your graphics? Because you need know to activate it. In this case the graphics that you will use isn't physically graphic, but the virtual given by VM.

You can install OSX in VM but you will need use distro and i believe that you won't have graphic or audio...

you will spend time on something that in the end will come to nothing.

I gave my advice... Install in HDD.

But I see a lot of example of hackintosh that run ok on the internet... I need a machine macosx to test application written in Qt developed by me.

my machine has hardware virtualizzation support so I think I could run it... for graphics and audio, i should run multibeas (seen on hackintosh video) but... I need a distro that can run for me, so, if I try with dvd iso (is it bootable isn't it?) do you think I need to install?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Michele

Hello

Wait a minute, you're complicating things.

I also have a hackintosh, it is installed on a HDD and is working 99% (only wake doesn't work due to incompatibility of the mobo)I've never seen a hack to run 99% in VM.

For testing applications it is necessary graphical working and power management (something you will never have 100% working in a VM and can even compromise your CPU)

VT-x is to enable the extension of hardware, but a virtual machine is as the name says, it's all virtual, even the hardware.

There's no way to install distro and want to configure with multishit, and too we don't give support fo tonycrap tools, because it: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonycrapx86/

Graphics, Audio, Power Management and other things you will never get in VM

These were my advice, I'm explaining to you why not spend time installing a VM, but choice is yours