pboleo

Stuck at blackscreen after [ PCI configuration begin ]

Hello everybody.

This is my first post and my first time installing Mac OS

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ21Z and i had a KP problem related to ApplePolicyControl.kext and downloaded the appropriate hackboot iso.

I booted without problems, changed CD to DVD and started the installation.

After i got to [ PCI configuration setup ] the install hang there for a while with the DVD working, and then it changed to a black screen.

The DVD worked a few more minutes, and then everything stopped, and i'm still at that same black screen.

As anyone got this problem ? Does anyone know how i can get past by this and continue installation ?

Thanks in advance to everybody.

Windows: Compaq nx9420 w/4Gb RAM & 500Gb HDD | Mac OS: Trying to dualboot the Compaq nx9420

Artur, thanks for the reply, and let's hope that with all your help, i'll get this hackintosh up and running. :-)

I'm trying to install Mac OS X 10.8

I can also tell you that the install is not stuck, because if i move the cursor keys left/right i get a response from the dvd.

The computer specifications are as follow:

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

Processor Speed (Mhz): 2200

Model: T7500

Type: Core 2 Duo

L2 Cache (kb): 4096

Memory Size (MB): 2048

Memory Speed (Mhz): 667

Memory Type: DDR2 - PC2-5300 (SO-DIMM)

Display Diagonal Size (in): 15.4

Display Resolution: 1280 x 800

Display Resolution Type: WXGA

Graphic Card Name: nVidia GeForce 8600M GS GPU

Total Graphics Memory (MB): 1023

Audio Chipset: CXD9872 - High Definition Audio Codec

Chipset Manufacturer: Sigmatel

Audio Type: HDAudio

Hard Drive SATA (GB): 300

Optical Drive: CD x24, CD-R x8, CD-RW x8, DVD x8, DVD+R x8, DVD+RW x4, DVD-R x8, DVD-RW x4, DVD DL x2, BD x2, BD-R x2, BD-RE x2, BD-R DL x2, BD-RE DL x2

Memory Stickâ„¢ Slot: Memory Stickâ„¢ Standard, Memory Stickâ„¢ Duo, Memory Stickâ„¢ PRO, Memory Stickâ„¢ PRO Duo

ExpressCard 34 Slot: 1

SD Slot: Yes

USB Port(s) (quantity): 3

USB Speed: High/Full/Low

USB Version: 2.0

4 Pin i.LINK (IEEE1394): 1

Headphone Jack: Yes

Microphone Jack: Yes

Super Video: Yes

VGA: Yes

HDMI: Yes

Internal Microphone: Yes

Camera Description: SXGA

Modem: Built-in Modem V.92

Wireless LAN: Data transfer 300 Mbps max - Range 10m to 100m

Bluetooth: Yes

Ethernet network: 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T

Windows: Compaq nx9420 w/4Gb RAM & 500Gb HDD | Mac OS: Trying to dualboot the Compaq nx9420

Artur, thanks for the reply.

My problem is: using hackboot to boot (to solve KP KP problem related to ApplePolicyControl.kext) and then choosing the Install DVD, how can i send extra command line options to the install ?

Thanks for your help!

Artur, good evening.

Well, that's nice to know because if i had banged the keyboard in frustration, i'm sure something would have shown up in the prompt at the bottom of the screen, and wouldn't be making a fool of myself for asking about it :D

You may not believe it but it took the options -x -f -F GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes npci=0x2000 to get me to the install screen. Finally.

Unfortunately, after the the apple logo screen shows up with the wait thingy moving around, it remains there for some time with the DVD working, only to go back to a black screen. Again.

I'm starting to have thoughts of opening the window and watching the laptop fly... :P

Sorry for the delay in replying, but i've been with work up to my ears.

Unfortunately, not even with this other hackboot iso was it possible to start the install process, so i have decided i will not use that laptop for the hackintosh.

I'm going to open a new topic, with another problem i'm having with other installation i'm trying to do.

Once again, thanks for all your help.

Muito obrigado por toda a ajuda dispensada.