Marcus Vinicius Mota

Difficulty on make USB DAC works on Big Sur

Hi everyone, I have successfully installed Big Sur on my machine, but as expected in a Ryzen one, sound is all buggy and impossible to use.

Recently I bought an USB DAC to have my sound working through it, I did all the USB mapping correctly and also tried to update my BIOS to see why it's not working.

So here is what's happening:

- When I plug Hiby FC3 DAC on one of the USB2, USB3.0 or USB3.2 (via USB-C), all of them instantly recognizes it as Hiby FC3, just like my macbook pro.

- My DAC is very simple, but it does have a light that shows what kind of codec is being used to reproduce sound, which usually is MQA = purple (tidal), System general purpose = red.

* When I plug it on hackintosh, it shows MQA = red and system general purpose = blue, clearly being mistakenly used by OS.

- On Tidal I try to raise or reduce volume and nothing happens, on browser (youtube for example) it keeps spinning forever and never loads videos. When I put back to my Mobo Audio card, it plays all buggy and breaking.

Do anyone know how to help me make it work? I did try several cables, all my USB ports with DAC or other stuff to validate them, and just DAC have this behavior. One good thing that I can also confirm is that this DAC works flawlessly on my Macbook Pro, so not a compatibility issue with system in general.

Thanks in advance.

Config:

Proc: Ryzen 5 5600x

Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming x570-plus/BR (specs: asus.com/br/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS-BR/techspec/)

Graphics: Radeon RX 5700 XT

DAC: Hiby FC3 (specs: https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-fc3)