haydendo

No QE/CI in Mountain Lion for Nvidia NVS 4200M 1GB

Hi. I successfully installed ML on my Thinkpad T420s using the USB installer from here. It has yybrid grapics (Intel HD3000 and Nvidia NVS 4200M 1GB) and I can switch between these graphics. I had no luck for Intel HD300 as I'm getting only 1024x768 resolution. I then switched to nVidia card and I got the native resolution (1600x900) by inserting my Device ID on "nvdagf100hal.kext" and "nvdaresman.kext". But it has no hardware acceleration (no QE/CI I think) as I'm getting graphics tear, too slow display and opening LaunchPad app is very slow. I already spent 2 whole days working on it but with no luck. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

The AGPM trick didn't work for me. This is my procedure. Copy "AppleGraphicsPowerManagement from ../Extensions folder to desktop. Edit the content of info.plist by finding a MacBookPro6.1 key, then replace with my graphics' vendorID/deviceID. I then installed the modified kext, then change my SMBIOS to MacBookPro6.1. Am I missing something here?

No, I can't see it. Only "Apple Software Renderer" is present. Maybe it's with OpenGL. Is there a kext for this. I am comparing my graphics properties with a Dell with with exact graphics card. Mine on ROM Revision says "preset 1.0.0" while on Dell is "NVIDIA Quadro NVS 4200M OpenGL Engine".

IMG_20120816_233842.thumb.jpg.08d7cbe76034d8f2ba1ac696d31c950a.jpg

Sorry to bother you. I might give up on this card and work back on Intel HD 3000. Thank you very much for your help.

Hi oldnapalm. Still no luck on the nVidia card. But I am very happy I was able to make the Intel HD 3000 work with full acceleration using the link provided by artur-pt. The key is the "device-properties" and hex string. If only I know how to produce the similar device-properties.hex for the nvidia, I can also make it to work. Still, thank you very much to you.

I have the same problem with the 4200M, but on a Dell Latitude E6520. Works great in Lion/10.7, but when booting Mountain Lion/10.8, the card appears to be detected but is very very choppy, no QE/CI support apparent. Solutions to this would be great. I'll try to get the Intel GPU working (I also have an Optimus setup) but the discrete gpu is more powerful, and would prefer to use that!

QE/CI WORKING in Mountain Lion for Nvidia NVS 4200M 512MB (1GB not available) (Test via Launchpad and OPEN GL Extensions Viewer)

Working on a Dell E6520 8GB i5 Nvidia NVS 4200M.

no DSDT.

After removing all ATI & NVidia kexts and putting back one by one I entered device IDs (0x1056....) in S/L/E/NVDAGF100Hal.

At the first moment I always got KP when booting without -x

BTW: Bluetooth, Network, Audio (VoodooHDA) working. Wifi not, Restart not working -> working on it.

Update 10.8.1 installed during tests (due to desperation ;=)