imarun

DSDT Patches for Asus Maximus V Formula?

I want to make DSDT for Asus Maximus V formula motherboard but currently no patches are available. Where should I begin to make one?

Mountain Lion (10.8)

Asus Maximus V Formula (with patched BIOS 804)

Core i7 3770K

EVGA GTX 680 4GB

Corsair H100 CPU cooler

Coolermaster Haf 922 chasis

Microsoft wireless 5000 keyboard and mouse

My rig is based on a Maximus V formula. In fact it can run without DSDT ; with an unlocked BIOS and proper plist in IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext, according to your rig definition, you have a power management, sleep is working flawlessly. I was surprised to see AppleHpet, RTC, LPC, AICPUPM loaded at first boot !

now i am "working" on a dsdt principally for HDMI audio (GTX 580 + HD 3000 and HD 3000 video) ; and i am still wondering if it needs the basic dsdt edits, IRQ, etc,...

Asus Maximus V Formula, i7 2600K, MSI GTX 580 Lightning

Mountain Lion 10.8 <-- trashed : back to SL ; Chameleon r2070

My rig is based on a Maximus V formula. In fact it can run without DSDT ; with an unlocked BIOS and proper plist in IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext, according to your rig definition, you have a power management, sleep is working flawlessly. I was surprised to see AppleHpet, RTC, LPC, AICPUPM loaded at first boot !

now i am "working" on a dsdt principally for HDMI audio (GTX 580 + HD 3000 and HD 3000 video) ; and i am still wondering if it needs the basic dsdt edits, IRQ, etc,...

How do we change the plist in IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext? Could you please give me more details? In my case some of my USB ports (front panel) are not working after I installed stuff from multishit 5.0.2. So I thought I could fix it it DSDT and in fact it worked after I fixed IRQ conflict in HPET but I no longer have sleep. Another issue I have is front panel audio is not working after installing patched AppleHDA.kext for ALC 898 from multishit. Did it work for you?

I have attached my current DSDT in case you can help me. I haves used the following patches

1. _T_x rename

2. RTC

3. Shutdown Asus

4. DTGP

5. SMBUS

6. SATA0 patch to correctly identify "Unknown AHCI Controller"

After applying these patches restart, shutdown , sleep works but still no front panel usb ports. So I modified the HPET from

Device (HPET)
               {
                   Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103"))
                   Name (_UID, Zero)
                   Name (BUF0, ResourceTemplate ()
                   {                       
                       Memory32Fixed (ReadWrite,
                           0xFED00000,         // Address Base
                           0x00000400,         // Address Length
                           _Y10)
                   })

to (just added some free IRQ's to avoid conflict with usb ports so HPET does not randomly hijack IRQ's used by some USB ports)

Device (HPET)
               {
                   Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103"))
                   Name (_UID, Zero)
                   Name (BUF0, ResourceTemplate ()
                   {                       
                       IRQNoFlags()
                       {12}
                       IRQNoFlags()
                       {14}
                       IRQNoFlags()
                       {15}
                       Memory32Fixed (ReadWrite,
                           0xFED00000,         // Address Base
                           0x00000400,         // Address Length
                           _Y10)
                   })

Now all my USB ports work but still no front panel audio and I lost sleep (it can sleep but can not wake up if I press a key on keyboard). Somehow IRQ's that i have assigned to HPET are messing up sleep. I am a newbie so I don't know much about these things so I don't know how can we fix this issue. I would appreciate any help from experts.

dsdt.dsl.zip

IOregOutput.zip

Mountain Lion (10.8)

Core i7 3770K

EVGA GTX 680 4GB

Corsair H100 CPU cooler

Hi,

About my dsdt,

1. Done (but not strictly necessary to compil the dsdt).

2. Usually patched to fix the CMOS issue : no need on my setup and your board as well, considering we got the same.

3. No need, i have no shutdown issue, since the first day and at this time there wasn't a dsdt in my extra.

4. Done to inject devices in my dsdt.

5. Not done, and i'm interested to know the result on your hack.

6 Not done, do you see the Asmedia or Intel Serie 7 chipset in system profiler with this fix ?

- Sleep is more related to the power management.

- About the IOPlatform... without touching it, i had a power management, almost native native cause i only have the unlocked BIOS to get it. But only after a wake from sleep (multi x16 to x38 or even more if OC). I have put an old iMac12,2 plist in the plugin folder and inside ACPI_SMC....kext and the speedstep is functional straight after the boot.

I can't test the front audio or USB, because nothing is plugged on my rig :)

Just an advice, don't do things in your dsdt, if you don't perfectly know why you do it ;)

All of your USB 3.0 in the back panel are working ? USB 3.0 is a know issue on real Mac, personnaly mines just don't work, strictly nothing when i plug something into it :/

EDIT : about your SATA injection, correct id should be

0x02, 0x1E, 0x00, 0x00

1. Done (but not strictly necessary to compil the dsdt).

2. Usually patched to fix the CMOS issue : no need on my setup and your board as well, considering we got the same.

3. No need, i have no shutdown issue, since the first day and at this time there wasn't a dsdt in my extra.

4. Done to inject devices in my dsdt.

5. Not done, and i'm interested to know the result on your hack.

Based on your suggestion I removed the following patches:

1. RTC

2. Shutdown Asus

3. SMBus

and my system still works fine so I guess those were not required.

6 Not done, do you see the Asmedia or Intel Serie 7 chipset in system profiler with this fix ?

Yes I can see Intel 7 Series chipset in system profiler. I tried your new sata code but it did not work for me.

1257652968_ScreenShot2012-08-19at11_58_36AM.png.6fa54f05182169e48bdee70a52ee0d0a.png

All of your USB 3.0 in the back panel are working ? USB 3.0 is a know issue on real Mac, personnaly mines just don't work, strictly nothing when i plug something into it :/

I can see USB 3.0 ports in System profiler but nothing happens when I plug something into it. So they are not working.

589292196_ScreenShot2012-08-19at12_03_00PM.png.7c359706635d0bdb96ac550615beb21d.png

- About the IOPlatform... without touching it, i had a power management, almost native native cause i only have the unlocked BIOS to get it. But only after a wake from sleep (multi x16 to x38 or even more if OC). I have put an old iMac12,2 plist in the plugin folder and inside ACPI_SMC....kext and the speedstep is functional straight after the boot.

Give me more instruction on how to do that? Could you please send me your modified Kext? I

I can't test the front audio or USB, because nothing is plugged on my rig

I had to apply Desktop->IRQ patch to get some of my devices working. But that messes up sleep functionality. System does not go to sleep completely. Display goes to sleep but I can still see fan working.I have to reset system to get back to OsX. Let me know in case you get a chance to test your front panel USB ports.

Is there anyway to assign IRQ's explicitly to a device?

dsdt.dsl.zip

Mountain Lion (10.8)

Core i7 3770K

EVGA GTX 680 4GB

Corsair H100 CPU cooler

Thanks for the kext, but the both plist are missing inside, and actually i'd need to check one of them 8-)

About the Intel SATA series 7 chipset, it's purely cosmetic but you inject the wrong ID. 1e03 is inside the AppleAHCIPort.kext so it works with your DSDT edit. The correct ID for our board is 1e02 ; personnally i just have edited the AppleAHCIPort.kext. But you can leave it with 1e03 considering it match with the vanilla kext. Two different approaches, you choose :)

<key>Intel7SeriesAHCI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string>
		<key>Chipset Name</key>
		<string>7 Series Chipset</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI</string>
		<key>IONameMatch</key>
		<array>
			<string>pci8086,1e02</string>
			<string>pci8086,1e03</string>
		</array>
		<key>IOProbeScore</key>
		<integer>2000</integer>
		<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
		<key>Vendor Name</key>
		<string>Intel</string>
	</dict>

And the correct ASMedia is 1062, unlike your screen capture shows it ;)

-->

120819010209885872.png

Thanks for the kext, but the both plist are missing inside, and actually i'd need to check one of them 8-)

About the Intel SATA series 7 chipset, it's purely cosmetic but you inject the wrong ID. 1e03 is inside the AppleAHCIPort.kext so it works with your DSDT edit. The correct ID for our board is 1e02 ; personnally i just have edited the AppleAHCIPort.kext. But you can leave it with 1e03 considering it match with the vanilla kext. Two different approaches, you choose :)

<key>Intel7SeriesAHCI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string>
		<key>Chipset Name</key>
		<string>7 Series Chipset</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI</string>
		<key>IONameMatch</key>
		<array>
			<string>pci8086,1e02</string>
			<string>pci8086,1e03</string>
		</array>
		<key>IOProbeScore</key>
		<integer>2000</integer>
		<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
		<key>Vendor Name</key>
		<string>Intel</string>
	</dict>

And the correct ASMedia is 1062, unlike your screen capture shows it ;)

-->

120819010209885872.png

I also fixed both these things in mine by modifying both AppleAHCIPort.kext and AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext.

Thanks

Mountain Lion (10.8)

Core i7 3770K

EVGA GTX 680 4GB

Corsair H100 CPU cooler

Thanks for the kext, but the both plist are missing inside, and actually i'd need to check one of them

I sent you what I had in S/L/E folder. I did not change anything inside.

Mountain Lion (10.8)

Core i7 3770K

EVGA GTX 680 4GB

Corsair H100 CPU cooler

Do you have a completed working DSDT, I use the same board with a GTX680 and I'm interested in getting a working DSDT with HDMI audio. If you have a completed copy if you can post or private message it as an attachment would be much appreciated, thanks.