Montmac

DSDT breaks vanilla ethernet

I don't know. The DSDT is from TMx86 site. It's for the MB and bios version. I have noticed this every time I have installed an OS with a Gigabyte MB that has 8111e chip. It works when the OS is first installed but after the user DSDT is installed then I always have to get a patch to install into S/L/E/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Plugins folder.

I generally use (Apple RTL8169Ethernet.Kext) installed into the plugins folder and it fixes the ethernet that was fine until using a DSDT.

Thanks for any help in advance!

I have never made a DSDT but I guess it's time I learned. A very gracious person MacMan makes the DSDT files. I have posted there many times but never get any replies. I know the folks there with the knowledge read the DSDT forum but just don't answer.

Can you point me to a good guide for making a DSDT? For that MB I'm not really sure if I get much benefit anyhow.

Thanks again!

I came to know the issue from tonycrap community.

The issue is the installation disk has some pre loaded kext using which the either net works but after the Mulitbeast installation if you don't install either net kext it will not work.

Thanks for the info. That is what I finally figured out as well.

Thanks again!