rakusson

help with ATI Radeon HD5470 512 MB (Mountain Lion)

Hi,

I installed Mountain Lion. I have ATI Radeon HD5470 512MB Now, I am getting only 1024 x 768 resolution with 3 mb video ram. While using 'kextstat', I can see 'AMDRadeonAccelerator', 'AMDSupport', and 'AMD5000Controller' kexts loaded. I had no problem with graphics issue in Lion but not getting proper resolution now.

I'm using unishit USB installer to boot and during boot, I can see it identifies my card as ATI 5400 family card. I tried to use chameleon "Enoch-rev.2042" but got scrambled desktop so couldnt login. However, while booting through chameleon, it identifies as correct graphics card during boot up.

I can see one of the staff has same card like mine. would be very happy to get your advise.

Thank you.

eMachines E730G

Intel Core i3-350M, 3 GB DDR3, ATI Mobility Radeon HD5470,Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet BCM 5788, Realtek ALC272, Elantech PS/2 TouchPad

Solved using "Internal LCD Forced EDID" and by using chameleon 2.1svn-r2003. Now need to fix trackpad and sound. Suggestions are welcome. I have Realtek ALC272 sound card.

Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet BCM 5788 (Devicd ID 14E4:1692)

Elantech PS/2 TouchPad

eMachines E730G

Intel Core i3-350M, 3 GB DDR3, ATI Mobility Radeon HD5470,Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet BCM 5788, Realtek ALC272, Elantech PS/2 TouchPad

Solved using "Internal LCD Forced EDID" and by using chameleon 2.1svn-r2003. Now need to fix trackpad and sound. Suggestions are welcome. I have Realtek ALC272 sound card.

Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet BCM 5788 (Devicd ID 14E4:1692)

Elantech PS/2 TouchPad

I have the same touchpad that you. I use voodooPS2Controller and AppleACPIPS2Nub, i had to remove voodootouchpad from voodooPS2Controller in order to get touchpad working properly.

I've attached the same kext that i use with the modifications needed. Remove any previous version (if you have one) of this kexts and install the downloaded ones with kextutility.

If you want you may install the prefController too, i don't use it.

For your sound problem, check this thread http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=454

Cheers

SL_PS2_Voodoo.zip