indiandragon

No QE/CI in Mountain Lion Retail for Nvidia 8600m

See the Last post : 8600GTM works great on OSX Mountain Lion with full QE/CI.

Graphics_Info.png.7fb2abd2edc488a4fe745d60363b691b.png

Edited by Guest

Rig I: OSX 10.6.8

Pentium D 3.4 GHz ,250 Gb HDD,2GB 667MHz RAM, Nvidia 7600GT XXXgraphics card, 16:9 LCD display,dual webcams,Bluetooth.

Rig II:OSX 10.8.1

Dell inspiron 1520,Core2duo T7250, 4GB 667MHz RAM,NV 8600GTM, BCM 4322 (Rebranded to Apple Extreme).

How did you install ML?

GeForce is part of default installation, you must have deleted it somehow.

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

How did you install ML?

GeForce is part of default installation, you must have deleted it somehow.

Thanks for the quick reply, you are right. I think I deleted the Geforce kexts when I deleted NVDA* kexts as I was not able to boot to the graphics install screen .

Then after install I had the same problem so, I deleted /S/L/E and copied S/L/E from the USB HDD.

So thats why I do not have Geforce kexts, but to my wonder I tried to get the Geforce kexts from my original mountain lion Install App downloaded from Mac App Store by restoring BaseSystem.dmg to a USB HDD and I did not find any Geforce kexts in /S/L/E :o !!

guide me cassio .

Pentium D 3.4 GHz ,250 Gb HDD,2GB 667MHz RAM, Nvidia 7600GT XXXgraphics card, 16:9 LCD display,dual webcams,Bluetooth.

Dell inspiron 1520,Core2duo T7250, 4GB 667MHz RAM,NV 8600GTM, BCM 4322 (Rebranded to Apple Extreme).

Then after install I had the same problem so, I deleted /S/L/E and copied S/L/E from the USB HDD.

I think that was the problem, /S/L/E from USB base system is not as complete as the one installed to HD.

I would install again and just move video kexts for first boot http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1677

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

Hi,

Sorry it was me who messed up installation by deleting Geforce* kexts during install and did not back up. Second install gave me perfect Graphics.

So, QE/CI works perfect in 8600m with GraphicsEnabler=Yes,PCIRootID=0, npci=0x2000 and Latest Chameleon.

Thanks for your help Cassio.

Hi,

Sorry it was me who messed up installation by deleting Geforce* kexts during install and did not back up. Second install gave me perfect Graphics.

So, QE/CI works perfect in 8600m with GraphicsEnabler=Yes,PCIRootID=0, npci=0x2000 and Latest Chameleon.

Thanks for your help Cassio.

so, let me understand .. you've installed mountain lion on your dell inspiron 1520 with those above flags ? with a usb base system of mountain lion and latest chameleon ?

can you please add more details .. as i'm fighting with mine to .. the same model of dell .. i've managed to install only lion .. but can't manage to boot it without usb base system. i've tried with multishit and with nozyczek installer for dell inspiron 1525 .. no results ! i could really use some help ! :D thanks in advance

so, let me understand .. you've installed mountain lion on your dell inspiron 1520 with those above flags ? with a usb base system of mountain lion and latest chameleon ?

can you please add more details .. as i'm fighting with mine to .. the same model of dell .. i've managed to install only lion .. but can't manage to boot it without usb base system. i've tried with multishit and with nozyczek installer for dell inspiron 1525 .. no results ! i could really use some help ! :D thanks in advance

Well, this may be your semi-lucky day... I have a system here (Dell Inspiron 1525 w/o nvidia, so GMAX 3100) that works flawlessly (with QE/CI) on Lion 10.7.3 (32 bit mode).

I can't give you exact steps, because it was just a bunch of stuff I did.... and worse, if I try and change even one thing, the whole setup just stops booting with crazy unrelated errors to whatever I just did.

But, everything works if you leave it alone. (Yukon2 LAN, Dell/Broadcom, WIFI/Bluetooth, screen brightness, extended function keys... I think it even sleeps - not really checked though).

Most of the stuff came from a file (google it) hackintosh_dell_1525_10.7.0_v3.6.zip and "10.7.3 Post-Install.zip" ... someone already wrote a pretty good guide.