U8150

Sony Vaio VPCEB36GM - No graphical display with DSDT

Hi guys,

I've patched my vaio DSDT using the database for VPCEB37FD which I believe share the same motherboard after doing a thorough search on the internet.

While patching my DSDT, there were around 176 errors. I clicked on Fix Error until there was no error. Applied the DSDT.aml to my Extra folder, and reboot.

However, my Lion 10.7.4 installation won't load the graphical interface and stays on "NTFS volume name , version 3.1."

Please find attached my unlatched DSDT, and the patched one.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: By the way, after removing the dsdt.aml file from /Extra, Lion was able to boot up and load the graphical display without any problem.

Prior to applying the DSDT, I've removed the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelSNB*.kext. Is this something related why after applying the patch DSDT, there's no graphical display?

My Specs:

Sony VAIO VPCEB36GM

4GB RAM

Triple Boot Win 7, Lion, Ubuntu

Intel HD Graphics

Intel HM55 Southbridge Chipset

Intel Centrino Advanced N 6250 AGN (not working)

Marvell Yukon 88E8059 Gigabit Ethernet (not working)

DSDT Unpatched.ZIP

dsdt.zip

hi

u have only intel hd graphics in the note ?

if so no support in mac os x for that graphics, never reach graphics acceleration.

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

Hi artur,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, unfortunately the notebook has only the Intel graphics. However, I was able to load Lion by removing the kext, and I can have a 1366x768 resolution without QE though.

Hi artur,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, unfortunately the notebook has only the Intel graphics. However, I was able to load Lion by removing the kext, and I can have a 1366x768 resolution without QE though.

Hi Noob,

Could you to explain to me how did you do to have 1366 x 768 resolution? I have a Sony Vaio FW with the same problem.

Thank you.

Sony Vaio VGN-FW351j • CPU Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2.0GHz • 8GB • HD: 320GB • Graphics: 128MB Mobile Intel 4500MHD (integrated) • Chipset: Mobile Intel GM45 Express

Hi Noob,

Could you to explain to me how did you do to have 1366 x 768 resolution? I have a Sony Vaio FW with the same problem.

Thank you.

hehehe, Sorry U8150! I fumbled with the quotes and confuse me to see his name.

Sony Vaio VGN-FW351j • CPU Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2.0GHz • 8GB • HD: 320GB • Graphics: 128MB Mobile Intel 4500MHD (integrated) • Chipset: Mobile Intel GM45 Express