rwar

macOS Catalina on Lenovo Yoga 460

Hello all, first post here :) a few weeks ago, MaLd0n helped me boot and configure my Lenovo Yoga 460 for Catalina. So here I share a new guide :) 

Pictures:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Disassembly video for reference:

Specs:

CPU: intel i5-6300U 2.5GHz, Skylake 6th gen working

RAM: 4+4=8GB

GPU: integrated Intel HD 520 working with full QE

HDD: 1 TB SSD, split in 333 Windows + 333 Mint + 333 Catalina working with Clover boot manager

Wifi: Lenovo 00JT494 purchased, to replace the included intel micro-pcie wifi (if that's what its called) working

Bluetooth (a USB sub-device in the wifi card): worked at first, but then it stopped

14" 1920x1080 LCD screen working

Finger screen touch and stylus pen not working

Touchpad and "pencil eraser" control working

Touchpad scroll not working

Backlit keyboard working

Webcam working

USB, 3 ports working

HDMI port working

No ethernet

Sound working

Catalina 10.15.5

Clover EFI used:

(see attached) it works for both the Olarila installer image and a native "createinstallmedia" way

I had constant problems getting it to boot and work correctly, until I removed the wifi card, then MaLd0n helped me with a patch, then the OS accepted the Wifi

I hope that this is useful for someone else... and if anyone has any tips for the ELAN touchpad and touchscreen controller, it would be amazing to use the stylus in macOS :) 

EFI Lenovo Yoga 460.zip

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Very Nice!

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

I saw the news of Clover using Open Core now to boot Big Sur, but waited until yesterday to actually try it. There was discussion of an important OC update that just got in Clover version 5126, yesterday.

So I tried it. In a separate SSD, I installed Big Sur, from Olarilla's ISO. For Clover I did the following.

1. While booted in Catalina, I copied my entire EFI folder, in the new SSD EFI partition.

2. Downloaded Clover r5126 pkg and installed it on the new SSD EFI partition

3. Updated all the kexts in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other with the latest versions from the acidanthera github

4. I rebooted and made the laptop boot from the new SSD.

It booted fine and started loading the kernel but it got stuck at

ACPI: Executed 19 blocks of module-level executable AML code

ACPI: sleep states S3 S4 S5

I am really stuck at this point :(

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, rwar said:

I succeeded :) with mald0n’s OC Vanilla Guide!!

bye bye Clover :(

:guitar

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

Update: I finally found the kext to make the touchpad work with scrolling and reliably in BigSur. VoodooSMBus

Read the "Installation" section in https://github.com/VoodooSMBus/VoodooSMBus, but ignore all the directions regarding patches. Instead, make a copy of your EFI in a USB and do this in OC-Configurator:

spacer.png

Include the SMBus kext with OC-Configurator.

Test it (you may see warnings because OC-Configurator is not perfect).

If you like the result, use ProperTree to learn the structure of the "kext blocks" and copy them to the original config.plist, along with the SMBus addition.

Edited by rwar