Hey everyone.

I'm having problems with my USB ports working. My laptop has 3 but the ones that work switch after reboot. Sometimes the 2 on the left side work when the 1 on the right doesn't and vise-versa. I was wondering if this could be fixed with a DSDT patch? Also when i put the computer to sleep it goes to a white screen with nothing but the cursor showing and i can still here my fan running. So if it's possible to tackle both of these problems with one patch i would really appreciate it.

Model: HP Pavilion g6-1b79dx

Mobo: HP 1693

BIOS: Insyde F.36

Thanks in advance

Try this:DSDT.aml.zip

btn_donate_SM.gif

That caused an ACPI kernel panic :(

Thanks for the help but do you have any other ideas?

EDIT: Out of curiosity after I removed the patched DSDT from /Extra I decided to go ahead and put in the original DSDT I extracted using windows.

Upon boot up I got the same kernel panic (ACPI driver not found) and this was with my original and clean DSDT. The only way I can boot is without any DSDT in /Extra from the looks of it.

Any ideas? USB is pretty esensial for me. I can live without sleep working properly but I do need my USB ports functioning.

Thank you

That caused an ACPI kernel panic :(

Thanks for the help but do you have any other ideas?

EDIT: Out of curiosity after I removed the patched DSDT from /Extra I decided to go ahead and put in the original DSDT I extracted using windows.

Upon boot up I got the same kernel panic (ACPI driver not found) and this was with my original and clean DSDT. The only way I can boot is without any DSDT in /Extra from the looks of it.

Any ideas? USB is pretty esensial for me. I can live without sleep working properly but I do need my USB ports functioning.

Thank you

try boot -v -f

btn_donate_SM.gif

Thank you for the quick response! But I still dont know how to patch it. Do I use unishit or multishit and is there a forum with all the steps to patch it for 10.8.2?

that I posted this already with certain corrections.

so copy and paste into your extra folder or the root system.

btn_donate_SM.gif

So I just did that and my extra folder is in my root drive which is the 1st partition with the OS installed it to. I restarted the computer and test the sleep/wake mode and the computer powers down and I tried waking it up with the mouse and keyboard and still no luck. Was I suppose to do anything else?

Im sorry I am a noob but what do you mean by console? software? if so what software? So far I just have dsdt.aml extracted in my Extra folder.

Nvm I found console and its a software in mac this is what I get:

2/1/13 2:45:17.000 AM kernel[0]: Opened file /var/vm/sleepimage, size 17179869184, partition base 0x0, maxio 400000 ssd 0

2/1/13 2:45:17.000 AM kernel[0]: hibernate image path: /var/vm/sleepimage

Edited by Guest

Im sorry I am a noob but what do you mean by console? software? if so what software? So far I just have dsdt.aml extracted in my Extra folder.

Nvm I found console and its a software in mac but it doesnt display anything when I type in sleep.

lauchpad / others / console

I got this:

2/1/13 2:45:17.000 AM kernel[0]: Opened file /var/vm/sleepimage, size 17179869184, partition base 0x0, maxio 400000 ssd 0

2/1/13 2:45:17.000 AM kernel[0]: hibernate image path: /var/vm/sleepimage

Hi there,

I really need the help with a DSDT from someone smarter than me, (that is most everyone). I am working on a machine I have here at home that is my first and practice for building a better hackintosh.

I have installed and have a fairly good working machine after the initial install of OSX 10.8.2 using the tonycrapx86 guide (http://www.tonycrapx86.com/61-unishit-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html) and unishit, though I have yet to run multishit this time as every time I do something seems to stop working. I have done a format and reinstall of OSX quite a few times and at this point I am not ready run multishit on this install yet as I don't want something to go pear shaped before I get everything right.

After the current OSX install at this point before running multishit I have this result:

CURRENTLY WORKING - Most things, including iCloud, AppStore, Ethernet etc

CURRENTLY NOT WORKING - Wifi, Sleep, Audio & iMessage

The try before this install, I built a DSDT using the instructions posted by samisnake (http://legacy.tonycrapx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=35559) and added the patch for the DG33FB from your site, though I did not add the patch for the ALC888 as I was trying to go slowly.

After I ran multishit using this DSDT I had this result:

STARTED WORKING LAST DSDT TRY - Wifi, Sleep and Power Management etc

STOPPED WORKING LAST DSDT TRY - Ethernet, iCloud and AppStore

NEEDED

I was wondering if you could help me with the following on my DSDT:

Build the DSDT so that Wifi and Power Management/Sleep works without effecting the Ethernet and iCloud/AppStore authentication, if you could also include Audio that would be a bonus.

I have also included the following in the Other Files.ZIP:

1. The DSDT that I created earlier in the previous try where Ethernet and iCloud stopped working.

2. The Patch that was applied to this DSDT.

3. The ALC888 Patch that was not applied to the DSDT as I was not sure this would cause problems.

4. A new DSDT that I just made using the MaciASL tool that is available on tonycrapx86 forum.

I also added a file called "Hackintosh PC Information.zip" it has a txt file that has a dump of all the parts on the machine.

MACHINE INFORMATION

My Machine consists of the following:

Motherboard

Model - Intel DG33FB – AAD81072-306

Chipset – Intel P35/G33/G31

Southbridge – Intel 82801IH (ICH9DH)

Processor

INTEL Core 2 Quad Q6600 Core 2 Quad processor

Memory

2 x 2GB DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets

2 x 1GB DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets

Audio

Realtek ALC888* audio codec

Video

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

LAN Support

LAN - Gigabit (10/100/1000 Mbits/sec) LAN subsystem using the Intel® 82566DC Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Wifi - Can't remember what card I have in there but it works

Send me Craig’s Mac Pro.zip

Other Files.zip

Hackintosh PC Information.zip

Edited by Guest

Try this:[attachment=0]DSDT.aml.zip[/attachment]

Okay well i retried by just copying your patch into my /Extra folder and booting instead of actually patching my original DSDT with DSDT Editor. No KP at boot this time but my problems are persisting:

-When computer "sleeps" all that happens is i get logged out and a white screen with the cursor appears. The computer doesn't actually go to sleep.

-Working USB ports tend to "switch" randomly on boots. Sometimes the 2 ports on left will work with the 1 on the right only providing power and vise-versa.

-(NEW)Audio is semi-working. Using VooDooHDA right now and when i turn the volume down to only half it's basically muted.

Any other ideas of patch? It seems that if i patch my DSDT with yours i cannot boot same for if i just copy my original into /Extra

Thanks

Edited by Guest

Hello,

I once did the procedure of this post ( http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1339 ) for my grafica HD 3000.

And I had this error when I tryed to do the patches: Name already exists in scope ^ (\ TNOT).

Some posts said simply to delete the error line. Ok, erased and compiled, but with several warnings.

Same with the warnings, my graphic worked.

But now, I would want to have a clean DSDT, without errors and warnings.

In order to apply the remaining patches for my setup, with no problem.

I want apply the same DTGP and DualLink without erros and warnings.

The DSDT attached is clean. Extracted with sendme.app

On the same SendMe.zip, has a patch files already.

My Laptop:

CPU: Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-2670QM, 2400 MHz

Motherboard: LG A530-T BE76P1

Chipset: Intel Cougar Point HM65, Intel Sandy Bridge.

Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Send me.zip

Hello,

I once did the procedure of this post ( http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1339 ) for my grafica HD 3000.

And I had this error when I tryed to do the patches: Name already exists in scope ^ (\ TNOT).

Some posts said simply to delete the error line. Ok, erased and compiled, but with several warnings.

Same with the warnings, my graphic worked.

But now, I would want to have a clean DSDT, without errors and warnings.

In order to apply the remaining patches for my setup, with no problem.

I want apply the same DTGP and DualLink without erros and warnings.

The DSDT attached is clean. Extracted with sendme.app

On the same SendMe.zip, has a patch files already.

My Laptop:

CPU: Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-2670QM, 2400 MHz

Motherboard: LG A530-T BE76P1

Chipset: Intel Cougar Point HM65, Intel Sandy Bridge.

Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Tenta esse e me diz se funcionou:DSDT.aml.zip

btn_donate_SM.gif