MaLd0n

[Guide] Install/Restore BigSur with Clover

3 hours ago, batmanm0b1e said:

OK i'm following the steps @MaLd0n and get this popup, Let me know if i'm doing this right!

spacer.png

here's what in my terminal? Did i do this right!

tjwolf@TJs-iMac ~ % hdid -nomount "/Users/tjwolf/Desktop/ISNBS3.dmg"  
/dev/disk2          	                               	
/dev/disk3          	EF57347C-0000-11AA-AA11-0030654	
/dev/disk3s1        	41504653-0000-11AA-AA11-0030654	
/dev/disk3s2        	41504653-0000-11AA-AA11-0030654	
/dev/disk3s3        	41504653-0000-11AA-AA11-0030654	
/dev/disk3s4        	41504653-0000-11AA-AA11-0030654	
/dev/disk3s5        	41504653-0000-11AA-AA11-0030654	
/dev/disk3s6        	41504653-0000-11AA-AA11-0030654	
tjwolf@TJs-iMac ~ % 

Thats what happened when i did the First Step? I do not get the point of it what i'm looking at or need to do now @MaLd0n

Yep that is the first step, means you have mounted the dmg successfully, now you need to identify your restore disk  (diskutil list) un-mount it and restore it from there.

Dell |Inspiron 15 500 | i5-1035G1 | Intel(R) UHD Graphics

22 minutes ago, rositaott said:

Yep that is the first step, means you have mounted the dmg successfully, now you need to identify your restore disk  (diskutil list) un-mount it and restore it from there.

Thanks i did everything right! but unfortunately i get black screen with my external ssd i tried uefi and not just USB Boot option in my menu. Its just black screen or blank clover screen. I'm on old i7 2600k Sandy bridge. think its this hardware for now no Big Sur yet

39 minutes ago, batmanm0b1e said:

Thanks i did everything right! but unfortunately i get black screen with my external ssd i tried uefi and not just USB Boot option in my menu. Its just black screen or blank clover screen. I'm on old i7 2600k Sandy bridge. think its this hardware for now no Big Sur yet

they said link 1 dont have EFI partition so you dont have boot option, I use link 2 and working fine.

I'm on old i7 2600k Sandy bridge. think its this hardware for now no Big Sur yet

I'm not certain with this though, you might want to try link 2 :cap

3 minutes ago, rositaott said:

they said link 1 dont have EFI partition so you dont have boot option, I use link 2 and working fine.

I'm not certain with this though, you might want to try link 2 :cap

I tried both First link Beta 3 does not work it doesn't show EFI folder so i did link 2 and completed the guide. but i get black screen NO Big Sur for me yet. 😰😪

11 minutes ago, batmanm0b1e said:

I tried both First link Beta 3 does not work it doesn't show EFI folder so i did link 2 and completed the guide. but i get black screen NO Big Sur for me yet. 😰😪

I assumed you copy the premade EFI folder or created your own

10 hours ago, suren munoo said:

On that link I shared, go there and download the pre-made Open Core Efi folder, the one for BigSur series 100 200 300 etc,  you must have Big Sur .dmg and follow the sudo instructions to make your own vanilla usb, once usb is created mount the efi of usb and paste the downloaded OC refi there, do not change anything in the efi folder. Boot to Bios and select boot from usb then install to your ssd. I tried putting my refi here but cannot says I reached the limit of 2.9mb 

Thanks , but at the step : create USB : OK : launch BIgSur installer : OK first window with diskutility/Install.. : OK select Diskutility: No internal SSD shown , only EXTERNAL drives !! that's my problem ! because when I install BS on external , it'OK but when I remove it and put in the internal SATA slot : Bugs !! and impossible resume those issues .. May be the opencore config.plist or opencore drivers are not well configured to recognise internal drives...

17 hours ago, Josele said:

Restore disk4 to disk3s2

I tried this and I can able to boot with the Opencore EFI but its not showing my bigsur SSD. Tried few time with NVRAM reset but no luck. Then i used olarila Image for big sur beta 3 and able to complete the installation. 

@MaLd0n I tried using the DSDT.aml which was generated on Catalina + Clover in the bigsur by adding it in opencore configurator and removing the olarila ssdt.aml but it stuck in PCI configuration error. But it works perfectly in Catalina. Do I need to re-request DSDT for Big Sur + OpenCore or any other changes needs to be done??

Thanks

On 7/25/2020 at 11:27 PM, suren munoo said:

So I have the Asus MSI H110m Pro VH Mobo, I am booting Big Sur Beta 3 from a 4g internal Hard drive. I created a vanilla usb installer and then from my Catalina I formatted the drive and installed BS onto the new drive. I used the methods from this post below and the pre-made Open Core efi from here and it works. Use the sudo instructions to create your own bootable usb don't download the image it gives issues. 

Thanks ! I did it , has I said , good install in external SSD but impossible to install it on internal SSD because the Diskutility from the USB installer Big Sur don't show any internal SSD.. Do you know why ?? thanks 

13 hours ago, suren munoo said:

On that link I shared, go there and download the pre-made Open Core Efi folder, the one for BigSur series 100 200 300 etc,  you must have Big Sur .dmg and follow the sudo instructions to make your own vanilla usb, once usb is created mount the efi of usb and paste the downloaded OC refi there, do not change anything in the efi folder. Boot to Bios and select boot from usb then install to your ssd. I tried putting my refi here but cannot says I reached the limit of 2.9mb 

booting from usb runs well until Diskutility does'nt show any internal SSD , but only external drives!! ????

2 hours ago, Tony G said:

I tried this and I can able to boot with the Opencore EFI but its not showing my bigsur SSD. Tried few time with NVRAM reset but no luck. Then i used olarila Image for big sur beta 3 and able to complete the installation. 

@MaLd0n I tried using the DSDT.aml which was generated on Catalina + Clover in the bigsur by adding it in opencore configurator and removing the olarila ssdt.aml but it stuck in PCI configuration error. But it works perfectly in Catalina. Do I need to re-request DSDT for Big Sur + OpenCore or any other changes needs to be done??

Thanks

can you see in OpenCore menu a disk preboot? if yes, boot it. if not *repair the physical disk partition*  sudo diskutil repairDisk disk3

10 hours ago, lclerte said:

Thanks ! I did it , has I said , good install in external SSD but impossible to install it on internal SSD because the Diskutility from the USB installer Big Sur don't show any internal SSD.. Do you know why ?? thanks 

booting from usb runs well until Diskutility does'nt show any internal SSD , but only external drives!! ????

Are you using an M2 SSD?

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D

i7-11700K RocketLake

Powercolour RX6800XT

MacOS Big Sur

Monterey

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Vinicius Dias e Silva said:

Olá, eu tenho um HP EliteBook 840 G2, com o Mojave 10.14.6 instalado 100%, como eu procedo para instalar o Big Sur? Obrigado!

no momento o melhor é aguardar os próximos lançamentos(beta)

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

20 hours ago, lclerte said:

I tried with a laptop SSD plugged inside my desktop just now and it works, installs Big Sur properly. You must format SSD under disk utility to APFS first. If that does not work your issue is with your desktop maybe or ask @MaLd0n

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D

i7-11700K RocketLake

Powercolour RX6800XT

MacOS Big Sur

Monterey

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, d5aqoep said:

The 1st link of Beta 3 does not have EFI partition. Seems like waste of bandwidth. Hehe.

i'll remove it. Thx!

-Donations-

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

xcd5u2Y.png

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Are the patches still valid for beta 4?

I typically get stuck at apfs_module_start, sometimes a bit further (like 5 or 6 lines later) but not much progress.

Using Clover 5120, lilu 1.4.6 all latest version.

Thanks

Just now, JY said:

Are the patches still valid for beta 4?

I typically get stuck at apfs_module_start, sometimes a bit further (like 5 or 6 lines later) but not much progress.

Using Clover 5120, lilu 1.4.6 all latest version.

Thanks

Patch is not working with beta 4 

On 7/25/2020 at 2:27 PM, suren munoo said:

So I have the Asus MSI H110m Pro VH Mobo, I am booting Big Sur Beta 3 from a 4g internal Hard drive. I created a vanilla usb installer and then from my Catalina I formatted the drive and installed BS onto the new drive. I used the methods from this post below and the pre-made Open Core efi from here and it works. Use the sudo instructions to create your own bootable usb don't download the image it gives issues. 

thanks , but , please can you explain step by step...How to download and witch image of Big Sur ? Wich EFRI ? I'm lost

• Administrators
7 hours ago, batmanm0b1e said:

Can you do updated video guide please on this one? How to do this

is a easy and temporary procedure ;) 

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png