• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
ALGhackintoshh

an error occurred while preparing the installation. try running this application again olarila catalina 10.15.4

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone, I am trying to install catalina on my pc but each time during the installation when there are 2 minutes left (mac os extended) or 3 minutes (apfs) I have the error. I tried 2 different SMBIOS, the apfs format and mac os extended , and

updated the date in the bios . Any help is welcome (hope @MaLd0n and his friends will do)

Motherboard: Msi h61m-p35 (b3), cpu intel pentium g840, amd radeon 5450 graphics and 4gb ram. (i know its too old but i saw that someone successfully mojave on it).  THIS IS MY FIRST HACKINTOSH EXPERIENCE

Edited by Shaheenyrn

is common problem in some hardware

try emulate nvram or use one full dsdt patched

Posted (edited)

Can you tell me please how to emulate the nvram and how to replace the efi folder by my chipset s'one in the usb stick  , how to extract my actual dsdt table and how to use the patched dsdt table

Edited by Shaheenyrn

EmuVariableUefi.efi

Posted (edited)

If you have windows you can use miniTool Partition Magic in combination with explorer++ to mount your usb efi and change files inside the clover folder. You can try getting the config.plist of your corresponding efi folder for your hardware and adding it to your usb clover folder as "config3.plist" for example, then in clover boot menu you select that file for booting.

Edited by 91Snake

44 minutes ago, 91Snake said:

If you have windows you can use miniTool Partition Magic in combination with explorer++ to mount your usb efi and change files inside the clover folder. You can try getting the config.plist of your corresponding efi folder for your hardware and adding it to your usb clover folder as "config3.plist" for example, then in clover boot menu you select that file for booting.

Thank you so much bro

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 91Snake said:

you can just use "diskmgmt.msc" to mount the EFI partition.

21 hours ago, 91Snake said:

you can just use "diskmgmt.msc" to mount the EFI partition.

• Like 1

That didnt worked for me 😕 but can anyone tell me wich smbios & fakecpuid i should use with my hardware (i was using imac 19,1 smbios but it seems like it doesnt fit with my hardware)

0x0306A0

iMac13,2 or iMac14,2

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi @MaLd0n apparently nothing works, I tried everything, I replaced the efi file with  my chipset s'one , I used the full patched dsdt, I used the right cpuid and the right smbios but the error is still present. I would like to try to emulate nvram but I don't know how to do it. Please help me (i know i have to use emuvariableUefi.efi but i have no idea of how) (ive downloaded it on github) 

Edited by Shaheenyrn

1 hour ago, Shaheenyrn said:

i know i have to use emuvariableUefi.efi but i have no idea of how

inside Drivers folder, BIOS or UEFI

• Like 1

just try boot

clear nvram before

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi again @MaLd0n Emuvariableuefi.efi doesnt appears anywhere in clover bootloader :( i don't know what's wrong with my configuration i tried everything without success 

Edited by Shaheenyrn

On 6/12/2020 at 10:00 PM, 91Snake said:

Can I completely remove that clover EFI and use my OpenCore EFI on the USB installer? Will it work?  

1 hour ago, ahadrox said:

Can I completely remove that clover EFI and use my OpenCore EFI on the USB installer? Will it work?  

yes