• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
macteleradio

How to install Updates on my AMD (Threadripper) Hackintosh by Olarila

Hi,

I successfully installed Catalina 10.15.4 using Olarila image ( -CATALINA AMD Olarila-- Link - https://tinyurl.com/vjp8tv7) on my system with  MSI X399 Pro Carbon AC with Threadripper 1900X CPU, AMD RX580 GPU,Intel I211 LAN Controller, Intel® I211 Gigabit LAN controller ,Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 card and  Realtek® ALC1220 Codec

The system works very well and without problems after i installed all kext files that I need for my components like Intel 211 series network adapter  and ALC1220 codec.

Now the system tells me that an update for my MacOS Catalina 10. 15. 4 is available.

How must I proced in order to perform this update without having the system not booting after the update has been installed when I reboot the system?

For your help I'd thank you in advance!

use opencore for it, need update clover patches with masking

15 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

use opencore for it, need update clover patches with masking

Thank you ACPI Eater,

Sorry, I'm a complete novice to the hackintosh. I would be very grateful for a step by step guide if possible!

3 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

I'm a little confused! Do I understand correctly that I should replace the EFI folder of my working Catalina installation with the following EFI folder " 

--AMD RYZEN/THREADRIPPER/ATHLON2xxGE https://tinyurl.com/vdzm45y " using Clover? Reboot the system and than execute the update?

2 hours ago, macteleradio said:

I'm a little confused! Do I understand correctly that I should replace the EFI folder of my working Catalina installation with the following EFI folder " 

--AMD RYZEN/THREADRIPPER/ATHLON2xxGE https://tinyurl.com/vdzm45y " using Clover? Reboot the system and than execute the update?

have a opencore folder too, test with one usb stick, if boot is fine start work

Posted (edited)
    13 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

have a opencore folder too, test with one usb stick, if boot is fine start work

Maybe I'm too stupid, but I don't understand it that way. What exactly do I have to do step by step? Could you please explain this to me step by step, otherwise I do not understand what exactly I have to do. Question: 1) Do I need to replace the EFI Folder in Clover with the OPEN CORE - EFI Folder? 2. Do I need to change anything in the config. plist? If so what?3. There is an "Apple\Extensions\Firmware.scap" in the EFI , must i delete that?

Edited by macteleradio