rev4turbomonster

Switching from a 9900k to a 9900kf

Hi there,

I am after some help please beer tokens on offer.  I had a perfectly working system on open core with my Asus z390 prime and i9 9900k running Catalina.  Unfortunately due to a faulty power supply the board and chip were fried and had to be replaced.  I managed to get the same board and didn't think getting a 9900kf instead of a 9900k would have made much of a difference but it has.  

As the 9900kf has no igpu the graphics all needs to be taken care of buy the gpu in my case a sapphire nitro+ rx5700xt.  Just browsing the system with my current configuration is ok however due to there being no igpu if I try to record from QuickTime or make a FaceTime call the screen freezes and locks up.  

I need to amend my EFI folder so that the system is only looking to the 5700xt to do the work of the gpu and realises that igpu is not there.  I am hopeless when it comes to sorting this sort of thing and have no idea what to do.  In the past I have been lucky to have someone using the exact same spec as me and been able to get support from them or even use their config to get me up and running but this time it doesn't appear anyone is running the 9900kf currently.

Please let me know what help you could give and any files you need.  @MaLd0n @fwardsbc I translated a post on your page and saw you were struggling to get this same configuration to work.  Did you manage to sort it and if you did please share with me how.

Many Thanks 

Matt