rgrover91

Dell Latitude E6510 Installtion Issues

Forgive me if I sound like a newbie, but I have been trying very hard to get Lion installed on my system. I have installed Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and cannot upgrade the system any further. When I look at my system specs, the processor is reported as "Unknown Processor". I have tried to use custom DSDT files within this posting (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=246491&st=0 ), but every time I try to use the files the system halts after reboot and the Apple Screen with a message to power of the system. I am new to the world of Mac, but have been trying very hard to learn to configure the system properly. I also have a Dell Latitude E6510 with the following specs:

Dell Latitude E6510

Quad Core i7 1.60 GHz

8GB RAM @ 1333MHz

nVidia NVS 3100M with 512MB DDR3 (working, but listed as unidentified, and no QE enabled in OS)

Intel Gigabit Ethernet

Intel 3600 WiFi a/b/g/n

Intel HDA

I have also created a bootable USB for Lion, but I never reach the installer. I ran the -v command and before the installer starts, the system halts at "PCI Configuration Begin." I have also tried all types of startup options, but nothing works. Does anyone know how to help or what I am missing?

Type "npci=0x2000 -v" at boot. If it still doesn't work, try putting kexts IOPCIFamily and AppleACPIPlatform from version 10.6.7 in the USB (/System/Library/Extensions).

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png