samarth05

macOS on Lenovo ideapad 520-15IKB

• Administrators
  • Thanks 1

-Donations-

PayPalĀ HEREĀ -Ā StripeĀ HEREĀ -Ā Ko-Fi HEREĀ -Ā BuyMeaCoffeeĀ HEREĀ -Ā Mercado LivreĀ HERE

SkrillĀ danielnmaldonado@gmail.com -Ā BTCĀ 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 -Ā BNBĀ 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 -Ā USDT BSC BEP20Ā 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 -Ā USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ -Ā KASPAĀ kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvkĀ -Ā PicPayĀ @danielnmaldonado -Ā PiXĀ @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium UsersĀ HEREĀ -Ā Problems with PaypalĀ HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

• Administrators

update voodoops2 kext

-Donations-

PayPalĀ HEREĀ -Ā StripeĀ HEREĀ -Ā Ko-Fi HEREĀ -Ā BuyMeaCoffeeĀ HEREĀ -Ā Mercado LivreĀ HERE

SkrillĀ danielnmaldonado@gmail.com -Ā BTCĀ 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 -Ā BNBĀ 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 -Ā USDT BSC BEP20Ā 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 -Ā USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ -Ā KASPAĀ kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvkĀ -Ā PicPayĀ @danielnmaldonado -Ā PiXĀ @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

xcd5u2Y.png

• Administrators

use bootloader folder only

• Like 1

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

On 12/19/2020 at 2:59 AM, MaLd0n said:

use bootloader folder only

hello mald0n,

NumLock key (turn on/off numeric keys and light) still does not work with latest kext. MyĀ question, voodool2C and voodooPS2Ā  kext re usedĀ plugins "VoodooInput.kext". Which I should use according to you pls?Ā Ā 

UPDATE 18/01/2021 :

1. Updated OpenCore Bootloader to version 0.6.5.

2. Added a lot of necessary SSDT's to ACPI Folder for smooth functionality of the system.

3. Made necessary adjustments to config.plist.

4. Removed unnecessaryĀ kext and updated to latest version.

5. WorksĀ Perfectly for macOS Big Sur 11.1.

Ā 

I lost my Broadcom Wifi Card so I am using Intel Wifi Card for my laptop. So I removed all the Broadcom Kexts. If anyone using Broadcom Card can just install the kexts and update the config.plist accordingly.

Links are updated in OP.

Ā 

Credits : @MaLd0n, Github members (especially Ab2774), Google.

Edited by samarth05

On 1/18/2021 at 7:42 AM, samarth05 said:

UPDATE 18/01/2021 :

1. Updated OpenCore Bootloader to version 0.6.5.

2. Added a lot of necessary SSDT's to ACPI Folder for smooth functionality of the system.

3. Made necessary adjustments to config.plist.

4. Removed unnecessaryĀ kext and updated to latest version.

5. WorksĀ Perfectly for macOS Big Sur 11.1.

Ā 

I lost my Broadcom Wifi Card so I am using Intel Wifi Card for my laptop. So I removed all the Broadcom Kexts. If anyone using Broadcom Card can just install the kexts and update the config.plist accordingly.

Links are updated in OP.

Ā 

Credits : @MaLd0n, Github members (especially Ab2774), Google.

Hey, nice updates! I've tested this and there are indeed some nice improvements!

However, I still encountered an issue with sleep. After sleep, the trackpad doesn't seem to work anymore.

Does that feature work for you? The previous EFI did not have issues with that. After doing some research, i found this (https://github.com/VoodooI2C/VoodooI2C/issues/371) and it seems like that's the issue we're having. I was able to fix it by mixing some voodooI2Cxxx files together (The I2CSynaptics version provided in the first EFI did not have issues) and was able to get it working again, with the only issue being the trackpad is a bit weird when waking from sleep. A simple click does fix that tho. That bug was fixed here (https://github.com/VoodooI2C/VoodooI2CSynaptics/commit/804db5c7da71365807555f94e77258f83e57d616) Ā but I'm not able to use this since I was not able to find a version with that patch, but also with working wake from sleep. To fix this, there are a few possibilities:

- Find a version with the patch and wake from sleep. ( I wasn't able to search a lot since I don't have a lot of time)

- Compile a version with the patch enabled.

- Try VoodooRMI

VoodooRMI seems to be kinda new and specifically made for synaptics trackpads. I don't know if it's worth to have a look at.

Maybe someone who has some spare time can take a look at this?

Ā 

I'll share the slightly modified EFI in case anyone wants to use it.

Some other small changes I made are:Ā 

- Enabled FileVault support (still does work with FileVault disabled)

- Updated OpenCanopy resource files to match Big Sur icons.

- Added AirportItlwm for native macOS wifi with the built-in Intel wifi card (works surprisingly well, 802.11AC is supported in the newest version and handoff/universal clipboard are working)

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0UEwqR5rIx-Fif6WMhSMMN76Q#EFI

Tested on macOS 11.3.1

The EFI was larger than the max file size so I wasn't able to directly upload it here.

Ā 

Edited by wouter

On 5/9/2021 at 8:30 PM, wouter said:

Hey, nice updates! I've tested this and there are indeed some nice improvements!

However, I still encountered an issue with sleep. After sleep, the trackpad doesn't seem to work anymore.

Does that feature work for you? The previous EFI did not have issues with that. After doing some research, i found this (https://github.com/VoodooI2C/VoodooI2C/issues/371) and it seems like that's the issue we're having. I was able to fix it by mixing some voodooI2Cxxx files together (The I2CSynaptics version provided in the first EFI did not have issues) and was able to get it working again, with the only issue being the trackpad is a bit weird when waking from sleep. A simple click does fix that tho. That bug was fixed here (https://github.com/VoodooI2C/VoodooI2CSynaptics/commit/804db5c7da71365807555f94e77258f83e57d616) Ā but I'm not able to use this since I was not able to find a version with that patch, but also with working wake from sleep. To fix this, there are a few possibilities:

- Find a version with the patch and wake from sleep. ( I wasn't able to search a lot since I don't have a lot of time)

- Compile a version with the patch enabled.

- Try VoodooRMI

VoodooRMI seems to be kinda new and specifically made for synaptics trackpads. I don't know if it's worth to have a look at.

Maybe someone who has some spare time can take a look at this?

Ā 

I'll share the slightly modified EFI in case anyone wants to use it.

Some other small changes I made are:Ā 

- Enabled FileVault support (still does work with FileVault disabled)

- Updated OpenCanopy resource files to match Big Sur icons.

- Added AirportItlwm for native macOS wifi with the built-in Intel wifi card (works surprisingly well, 802.11AC is supported in the newest version and handoff/universal clipboard are working)

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0UEwqR5rIx-Fif6WMhSMMN76Q#EFI

Tested on macOS 11.3.1

The EFI was larger than the max file size so I wasn't able to directly upload it here.

Ā 

Hi! I have also encountered issues with sleep.

Firstly when I wake up from sleep, the laptop screen doesn't wake up (It goes dark). The fix is to completely lower the Brightness using F11Ā and increase the Brightness again using F12.

Second issue is the trackpad going weird after waking from sleep like you mentioned. The trick is just a simple left hard click on the left side of touchpad and it works perfectly after that.

You might be having touchpad issues because the touchpad model might be different from the one I have. It's necessary to patch the touchpad drivers as per the specific model you haveĀ to make it work perfectly. I have patched the touchpad drivers according to my touchpad modelĀ therefore it works perfectly for me (except for the above issues which are resolvable).

Also, I disabledĀ ĢƒFileVault in latest version of EFI because it created problems for me while mounting my secondary NTFS drive through Mounty.

Anyways, Thanks for the new changes, will test and update the EFI once IĀ update my macOS to the latest version.Ā 

On 6/2/2021 at 9:54 PM, samarth05 said:

Hi! I have also encountered issues with sleep.

Firstly when I wake up from sleep, the laptop screen doesn't wake up (It goes dark). The fix is to completely lower the Brightness using F11Ā and increase the Brightness again using F12.

Second issue is the trackpad going weird after waking from sleep like you mentioned. The trick is just a simple left hard click on the left side of touchpad and it works perfectly after that.

You might be having touchpad issues because the touchpad model might be different from the one I have. It's necessary to patch the touchpad drivers as per the specific model you haveĀ to make it work perfectly. I have patched the touchpad drivers according to my touchpad modelĀ therefore it works perfectly for me (except for the above issues which are resolvable).

Also, I disabledĀ ĢƒFileVault in latest version of EFI because it created problems for me while mounting my secondary NTFS drive through Mounty.

Anyways, Thanks for the new changes, will test and update the EFI once IĀ update my macOS to the latest version.Ā 

Hi! Any news?Ā 

Will you update the EFI with Monterey?

Thanks for your huge work!