samarth05

macOS on Lenovo ideapad 520-15IKB

9 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

That's perfect. Worked like a charm. Everything is fine except LAN and WIFI. Unable to connect to internet. Is there any kext files which will help to connect internet? 

Also touch pad is having some issues. It is lagging when i try to move the curser. Also left and right click is not working

Edited by Gokulraj

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Gokulraj said:

That's perfect. Worked like a charm. Everything is fine except LAN and WIFI. Unable to connect to internet. Is there any kext files which will help to connect internet? 

Also touch pad is having some issues. It is lagging when i try to move the curser. Also left and right click is not working

post there

here is other laptop model

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

5 hours ago, Spooms said:

Thank you for sharing the EFI folder! Could you be a little bit more specific about what to add/change in the config.plist file?

To get the Apple Applications working, you need to add system parameters like serial number, etc. You can do these with tutorials all over the internet. I cannot post an external link here. Make a google search and then you can easily find a tutorial to do it.

Also, please don't fully quote the OP from next time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, samarth05 said:

To get the Apple Applications working, you need to add system parameters like serial number, etc. You can do these with tutorials all over the internet. I cannot post an external link here. Make a google search and then you can easily find a tutorial to do it.

Also, please don't fully quote the OP from next time.

I just removed the full quote. Thanks for the response btw :)

Hi, does sleep work for you? For me, click on sleep will just get me to the login screen, and closing the lid does put the laptop to sleep, but opening the lid to power the laptop back leaves me with a black screen. I have to force shut it down to be able to use it again.

On 7/18/2020 at 7:50 PM, XTutorials said:

Hi, does sleep work for you? For me, click on sleep will just get me to the login screen, and closing the lid does put the laptop to sleep, but opening the lid to power the laptop back leaves me with a black screen. I have to force shut it down to be able to use it again.

It sometimes happened when I used Clover but now I use OpenCore and haven't had any sleep issues yet.

Posting the new EFI for Big Sur Beta 2 soon (Will work on Catalina too)..🙃

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2020 at 8:42 PM, samarth05 said:

It sometimes happened when I used Clover but now I use OpenCore and haven't had any sleep issues yet.

Posting the new EFI for Big Sur Beta 2 soon (Will work on Catalina too)..🙃

Nice, can't wait to test it out! This gets more stable for me by every update, and now I also got my Intel WiFi(switched from qca) to work!

Edited by XTutorials

At last, I think this is very fine to use as my main OS from now on as with the latest OC EFI I did finally manage to get itlwm working, though I still have one unfortunate problem: sleep still doesn't work for me(or at least the only time I tried it didn't work). Does this have to do something with the motherboard or something else? My laptop model is 81BF, I don't get what's wrong. Also, sometimes on clover after I shut down my laptop for a night and turned it on in the morning it would not boot for whatever reason. I have OpenCore doesn't have this issue.

Other than that, thank you for you work and efforts to make Mac possible on this laptop!

(if only I could get sleep to work...)

Edited by XTutorials

21 hours ago, XTutorials said:

Update: I figured out how to make sleep work, you have to choose sleep, and when the screen turns off close the lid. Sleep works that way, but when I turn it back on it's much slower and curiously no CPU info is loaded into Intel Power Gadget.

Try HibernationFixup.kext, maybe it might solve the issue. It's included in the OpenCore EFI. Or just switch to OpenCore as it is more stable.

7 minutes ago, samarth05 said:

Try HibernationFixup.kext, maybe it might solve the issue. It's included in the OpenCore EFI. Or just switch to OpenCore as it is more stable.

I am using OpenCore, so I think the only solution would be custom patches maybe.

18 hours ago, XTutorials said:

I am using OpenCore, so I think the only solution would be custom patches maybe.

I never had a problem with sleep when using OpenCore. Did you try the HibernationFixup.kext? Maybe it might help you with Catalina too.

On 7/23/2020 at 12:33 PM, XTutorials said:

Update: I figured out how to make sleep work, you have to choose sleep, and when the screen turns off close the lid. Sleep works that way, but when I turn it back on it's much slower and curiously no CPU info is loaded into Intel Power Gadget.

I also had issues with sleep with the opencore EFI. They're fixed for me by using the voodooTSCSync kext. After that, no more issues with sleep, closing the lid works too. Only "bug" I've found with it is that the trackpad state isn't quite right when woken up but that's solved with just clicking the trackpad. I remember that was the same with my old clover catalina efi.

Also, thanks Samarth for the efi! Works almost perfectly, I just had to remove some things since my laptop doesn't have a dGPU. The only bugs I have left on big sur are the wifi, which I have to look into that kinda new kext thing, and the trackpad that stutters when the laptop's on battery. I had that on my previous catalina clover efi too and afaik I fixed that somehow so here that might work too!

Update: I managed to unlock the CFG in the bios. To Samarth, maybe you should consider also doing this and adding it to your guide, as this can provide better stability and proper cpu power management. More info about it here: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/misc/msr-lock.html#turning-off-cfg-lock-manually. Note that this method doesn't work on our ideapad, since Lenovo was so kind to lock it all 😑. If there's any interest in this I can provide some information on how I've done it (in short: I used a tool called "RU"). It's not that hard but I'd rather have a good nights sleep instead of useless writing if no one will use it.

On 7/27/2020 at 4:27 AM, wouter said:

Update: I managed to unlock the CFG in the bios. To Samarth, maybe you should consider also doing this and adding it to your guide, as this can provide better stability and proper cpu power management. More info about it here: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/misc/msr-lock.html#turning-off-cfg-lock-manually. Note that this method doesn't work on our ideapad, since Lenovo was so kind to lock it all 😑. If there's any interest in this I can provide some information on how I've done it (in short: I used a tool called "RU"). It's not that hard but I'd rather have a good nights sleep instead of useless writing if no one will use it.

I knew the CFG-Lock was disabled and I never tried to unlock it cause I thought it might cause problems to the Windows (which I use mostly).

Surely you can post it here the guide or send me in PM. I will credit it and add it to the OP in this thread.😀

Also, don't think no one will use it. I believe If you helped even just one person, you have done a lot to have a good night's sleep..🙃

Edited by samarth05

On 7/28/2020 at 6:11 AM, samarth05 said:

I knew the CFG-Lock was disabled and I never tried to unlock it cause I thought it might cause problems to the Windows (which I use mostly).

Surely you can post it here the guide or send me in PM. I will credit it and add it to the OP in this thread.😀

Also, don't think no one will use it. I believe If you helped even just one person, you have done a lot to have a good night's sleep..🙃

I made a guide for it on reddit a few days ago, I'll post it here :). I didn't really test it a lot but I have booted in Windows with CFG lock disabled, and it booted just fine, so yeah, might be worth it!

The guide: 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 2:36 PM, wouter said:

I made a guide for it on reddit a few days ago, I'll post it here :). I didn't really test it a lot but I have booted in Windows with CFG lock disabled, and it booted just fine, so yeah, might be worth it!

The guide: 

Great Guide! I'll add the link the OP.

OpenCore 0.6.0 released some days ago, would there be any benefit if I update it? 

Also, I have an issue(at least when using USB-C headphones) where after some time of audio playback or just randomly audio gets extremely distorted. To fix this I just have to reload the page, or skip some seconds of the video. And sleep still doesn't work for me, for no reason, but I just got used to shut down the laptop when I'm not using it.

Edited by XTutorials

15 hours ago, XTutorials said:

OpenCore 0.6.0 released some days ago, would there be any benefit if I update it? 

Also, I have an issue(at least when using USB-C headphones) where after some time of audio playback or just randomly audio gets extremely distorted. To fix this I just have to reload the page, or skip some seconds of the video. And sleep still doesn't work for me, for no reason, but I just got used to shut down the laptop when I'm not using it.

There won't be any major benefit from updating OpenCore. I updated to OpenCore 0.6.1 Release Version and it still works the same.

I don't use USB-C port for headphones (Neither in Windows or macOS). Maybe the port isn't for audio output. Will look into it too.

I am still fixing sleep issues. So far, Sleep works but the trackpad doesn't work smoothly after wake and the only solution is to restart the OS. Still I am trying to solve the issue. I accidentally solved it one time but forgot to take backup of the config.plist and now I am back to fixing it again. Will post once it's fixed.

Edited by samarth05
  • Thanks 1

Just wanted to say thank you! Everything works like a charm.

By the way, if anyone encountered freeze during load, changing DSDT.aml to BIOS.aml helped in my case. You can try to change needed in clover options (DSDT name) before loading/installing, and if it helps, change name in config.pllist (Acpi section).

Model : Lenovo IdeaPad 520-15IKB (80YL)
CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-7200U Processor (6M Cache, up to 2.71 GHz) KabyLake
RAM : 20GB DDR4
GPU : Intel® FHD Graphics 620/ NVIDIA® GeForce® 940MX (Disabled for macOS)
Wti-Fi : Broadcom BCM94352Z NGFF 802.11AC Wi-Fi 867Mbps Wireless Card + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo
Ethernet : Realtek RTL8168GU/8111GU
Audio : Realtek ALC230
Touchpad : Synaptics Trackpad
Keyboard : Lenovo/Alps Keyboard

OpenCore 6.4 for BigSur 11.1

EFI

Mald0n can u help me with cosmetics edit pls? 

• NumLock light not working

Send me MacBook-Pro-uzivatela-Martin

Edited by fetin

• Administrators
4 hours ago, fetin said:

OpenCore 6.4 for BigSur 11.1

use it, reboot and extract new sendme

config.plist.zip

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE