samarth05

macOS on Lenovo ideapad 520-15IKB

Greetings!

After a lot of work, I finally managed to get a working macOS on Lenovo ideapad 520-15IKB.

1Q5kEpZ.jpg

LAPTOP HARDWARE - 

Model : Lenovo IdeaPad 520-15IKB (81BF)

CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-8250U Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz)

RAM : 16GB DDR4 (Samsung)

GPU : Intel® UHD Graphics 620/ NVIDIA® GeForce® MX150 (Disabled for macOS)

Wi-Fi : Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 (Can be replaced with Broadcom BCM94352Z)

Ethernet : Realtek RTL8168GU/8111GU

Audio : Realtek ALC230

Touchpad : Synaptics Trackpad

Keyboard : Lenovo/Alps Keyboard

CURRENT STATUS -

- DSDT Patched for Remapping Brightness Keys and Touchpad Gestures (Big Credit to @MaLd0n).

- Everything is working perfectly without any issues so far.

- Working EFI Folders linked for Latest versions of macOS Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur 11.1.

CURRENT ISSUES WITH BIG SUR -

- Slow Boot.

Reason : This happens when you are Dual-Booting Windows and macOS and the macOS Disk might not have properly wake up from sleep.

Fix : Boot in Windows first and they restart (Don't Shut Down!) and then boot into macOS.

INSTALLATION -

- Make necessary backups of your files incase something goes wrong. I am not responsible any loss.

- Copy the appropriate EFI Folder to the root directory of the EFI Partition of your current macOS version.

- Fix the SMBIOS section (Serial No, UUID, etc.). Set Hardware Definition to closest one matching your system.

SCREENSHOTS -

9srQQEq.png

bFoOjgh.png

rrAN1uP.png

EFI FOLDER -

Lenovo ideapad 520 EFI

CFG LOCK/UNLOCK GUIDE -

CFG LOCK/Unlocking - Alternative method  [CREDIT - @wouter]

A Big Thanks to @MaLd0n for helping me every-time and for his wonderful site!

KEEP HACKINTOSHING!! :D8-):crazy:

Edited by samarth05
Updated for Big Sur 11.1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators
:cap:smoke:

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

this is what i found in windows

Synaptics SMBus TouchPad

ACPI\VEN_SYN&DEV_3278

ACPI\SYN3278

*SYN3278

\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2M

Okay, the Manufacturer is same i.e. Synaptics but the hardware model is different.

You may have to patch your DSDT to get all the gestures working or use Voodoo Kext to make basic gestures work.

Use the following link for guide - https://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=8087

• Administrators

Thank you very much finally running Mac OS on my ideated 520, I just have one question the touchpad gestures not working is there any solution for this issue ?

post one dump

--Run_Me

RunMe.app

-Donations-

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

xcd5u2Y.png

Hi, can you tell me what were your steps of installing Catalina? I saw that you have a EFI folder with it and it worked for me in the past, although somehow it didn't boot anymore so I decided to reinstall it. Latest version of olarila 10.15.3 and every clover version installation fails. I already installed it(mac) twice and looked up possible solutions but none worked. I don't really remember how I did it before but now it seems I'm stuck. I have the same exact configuration of yours, except I have 8GB of RAM and the stock wifi card. (15IKB-81BF).

Edit: I have finally managed to get clover installed, but replacing the EFI file with the one your provided results in a boot failure: https://imgur.com/E8DWXtM . It's stuck there.

Thanks

Edited by XTutorials
clarification

• Administrators
4 hours ago, XTutorials said:

It's stuck there

if u have a different model, need a patch dsdt again

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Hey, I almost got this working "perfectly". Everything that I want works, except a few tidbits. When I close the lid, the fans stop at a certain moment, but not for long as the laptop will power itself on and when I open the lid back the screen no longer works and I need to force restart the laptop. Also, when I shut the laptop down I need to use my bootable usb as booting from clover on the internal drive result in a boot error every time (the stop symbol shows up after it tries to boot for ~35 seconds). Other than that everything works, except some slight bugs/app crashes but I don't have any problem with them. If you have further updated the efi file with further patches I'd be very interested to put them in use.

Thanks

On 5/18/2020 at 7:34 PM, XTutorials said:

Hey, I almost got this working "perfectly". Everything that I want works, except a few tidbits. When I close the lid, the fans stop at a certain moment, but not for long as the laptop will power itself on and when I open the lid back the screen no longer works and I need to force restart the laptop. Also, when I shut the laptop down I need to use my bootable usb as booting from clover on the internal drive result in a boot error every time (the stop symbol shows up after it tries to boot for ~35 seconds). Other than that everything works, except some slight bugs/app crashes but I don't have any problem with them. If you have further updated the efi file with further patches I'd be very interested to put them in use.

Thanks

Hey can you please share your efi folder or can you please tell what changes did you make as I am getting the same error that you did(stuck on Voodo Ps2 mouse: version 1.9.2). I have the same model Ideapad 520 with stock wifi and 8 gb ram.

Edited by sranjha

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, sranjha said:

Hey can you please share your efi folder or can you please tell what changes did you make as I am getting the same error that you did(stuck on Voodo Ps2 mouse: version 1.9.2). I have the same model Ideapad 520 with stock wifi and 8 gb ram.

use this folder and enable EC0 to EC rename patch

https://tinyurl.com/vpecysf

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

UPDATE : 06/06/2020

1.    Clover EFI Updated to r5119.
2.    Some Minor Tweaks to Run on latest Catalina 10.15.5 (Including the Supplemental Update).
3.    Added AudioDxe.efi and XhciDxe.efi to /drivers/BIOS/
4.    Added Lenovo Theme to Clover.

Please note :
1.    I have dual-booted my laptop’s Operating Systems on Seperate Drives (Windows on 1st and macOS on another). Therefore, if you have dual-booted the Operating Systems on same drives, you might want to make some changes to the EFI Folder.
2.    Make changes to the SMBIOS and System Parameters accordingly to Sign In to Apple Account and iCloud Services.

Download Link : See OP. Download the latest uploaded zip file.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, samarth05 said:

1.    I have dual-booted my laptop’s Operating Systems on Seperate Drives (Windows on 1st and macOS on another). Therefore, if you have dual-booted the Operating Systems on same drives, you might want to make some changes to the EFI Folder.

2.    Make changes to the SMBIOS and System Parameters accordingly to Sign In to Apple Account and iCloud Services.

@samarth05 what kind of changes are you referring to?

Btw I have fixed almost everything except for battery percentage. Can you please help me with that. I am including my efi folder here for your reference.

EFI FOLDER

30 minutes ago, sranjha said:

@samarth05 what kind of changes are you referring to?

Btw I have fixed almost everything except for battery percentage. Can you please help me with that. I am including my efi folder here for your reference.

EFI FOLDER

Use the following link to configure your system's SMBIOS correctly (The tutorial is old but good enough to follow) -

https://www.tonycrapx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-configure-your-systems-smbios-correctly.198155/ 

I have already semi-configured the system definition in config.plist and just generate new serial number and rt variables.

Go to System Preferences->Energy Saver->Check Show battery status in menu bar.

If the battery is not charging fully upto 100%, then probably you have Conservation Mode 'ON' in Lenovo Vantage App in Windows.

Just now, samarth05 said:

Use the following link to configure your system's SMBIOS correctly (The tutorial is old but good enough to follow) -

https://www.tonycrapx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-configure-your-systems-smbios-correctly.198155/ 

I have already semi-configured the system definition in config.plist and just generate new serial number and rt variables.

Go to System Preferences->Energy Saver->Check Show battery status in menu bar.

If the battery is not charging fully upto 100%, then probably you have Conservation Mode 'ON' in Lenovo Vantage App in Windows.

Thanks for your help. I tried using your EFI after configuring config.plise but when I tried to boot it was stuck on 

RTCFX: @ failed to load rtc-blacklist from UEFI nvram

RTC: Only single RAM bank(128 bytes)

Does it have something to do with my system having 8 gb Ram compared to yours having 16?

I have enclosed the pic of the error I got.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YuEwYCEhTZyAgcuj8

Edit:

I used my DSDT in ACPI and kept rest of the EFI same and everything started to work properly. And also  your EFI helped me to fix my battery percentage. Thanks @samarth05

Edited by sranjha

5 hours ago, sranjha said:

Thanks for your help. I tried using your EFI after configuring config.plise but when I tried to boot it was stuck on 

RTCFX: @ failed to load rtc-blacklist from UEFI nvram

RTC: Only single RAM bank(128 bytes)

Does it have something to do with my system having 8 gb Ram compared to yours having 16?

I have enclosed the pic of the error I got.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YuEwYCEhTZyAgcuj8

Edit:

I used my DSDT in ACPI and kept rest of the EFI same and everything started to work properly. And also  your EFI helped me to fix my battery percentage. Thanks @samarth05

I think this has to do with RTCMemoryFixup.kext. 

That's alright, you got the hackintosh working perfectly. Enjoy!

Hi, 

I was tried to install Mac OS Catalina on my Lenovo idea pad laptop and it is not successful.

Can you please check it with below details and help me to solve it? I will attach the boot loader screenshot which booted in verbose mode for your review. 

Please find below for my configuration details, 

Laptop 1:

Product name: Lenovo ideapad 320

Motherboard: Lenovo LNVNB161216 (U3E1) Intel chipset (Model Kaby Lake) 

Graphics card: Intel Integrated graphics 620 - 1 GB & Nvidia get force 940MX - 2 GB

Processor: Intel i5 7th gen 7200U

Olarila image: Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4

Network and Audio driver: Realtek

Laptop 2:

Product Name: Lenovo B50 - 80L

Mother board: Intel

Graphics card: AMD Radeon

Processor: Intel i3 5th gen i3-5005U

Olarila image: Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4

Thank you!! 

boot loader screenshot.zip

• Administrators

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png