mfabsurd

request dsdt for Dell Opitplex Gx620

Hi I'm a noob trying to build a hackintosh out of my dell optiplex gx620. I read that you need a dsdt file to do the job right.

this is my motherboard:

http://www.ecrater.com/p/11848561/dell-optiplex-gx620-py423-motherboard

the specs for my build are:

MSI R5450-MD1GD3H/LP Radeon HD 5450 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card

CPU TypeDualCore Intel Pentium D 820, 2800 MHz (14 x 200)

crucial 4gb kit 2-2gb 240 - pin unbuff dimm 256mx64ddr2 pc2-5300 ct3kit25664aa667

LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM

Motherboard Chipset Intel Lakeport-G i945G

Disk Drive ST31000528AS ATA Device (1000 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

Computer Type ACPI x64-based PC

I'm trying to install snow leopard on my dell optiplex gx620. I've been using the iboot method and I've been running into problems. I've gotten snow leopard installed but I don't know how to find my dsdt file for my motherboard and I can't tell what motherboard I have even by looking at it so I'd appreciate any help as possible. So I clicked on easybeast when I went through multishit..and when I went to restart to load from the hard drive, I get stuck on the white apple screen or i I will get stuck in a reboot loop. I've tried some basic stuff like typing in -v or GraphicsEnabler=no and it doesn't work..again I'm a noob so there's a lot I don't know but I'm learning everyday. I can boot from iboot with no problem..but it won't boot up from the hd..I just get stuck in the loop or stuck on the white apple screen..I'm thinking this may have something to do with not having that dsdt file..but I'm clueless on how to make one or if I even need one.

also I I had to remove my graphics card and use the onboard vga port to run iboot. My monitor would shut down if I tried using my video card with a dvi cable..but once I removed it booted with no problem...and I'm trying to install snow leopard 10.6.3 and update to 10.6.8.. Please help

It doesn't work like that, you won't find a DSDT for your board which will solve all your problems, you have to extract the original DSDT and patch it, but you won't be able to use it until the system boots from the HD. Use the verbose boot (-v) when booting the HD to diagnose the problem.

About DSDT patching, start reading this http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=634

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

You can use DSDT Editor, see the link I posted above.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

If you can boot using a CD, it's just a matter of finding what's missing for the boot to work from the HD, for this you have to install the boot loader (Chameleon), an Extra folder with basic stuff (SMBIOS, Boot.plist, FakeSMC, etc.) and boot the HD using verbose (-v).

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png